Politics

You may be right from a USA point of view but my post still holds water. It the EU / NATO / US block could quite easily supply what is required from rusting stocks. One of your previous posts pointed that out re equipping battalions with current supplies yet they drip feed...

With Ukraine, I am 100% convinced that this administration/NATO has no actual intentions of given Ukraine what it needs to win. At least win quickly.

The goal is to create a stalemate that results in dead Russian Soldiers, the degradation of Russian equipment, and ultimately weaking Russia to our own Geopolitical advantage. If Ukraine is eventually successful, that is fine but I dont think for one second it is the strategic end goal.

That is why everything is drip, drip, drip, just barely enough and just barely in time. The goal is to extend this as long as possible, and wipe out a generation of Russians.

The fact the Republicans have bulked at the spending, is even better because it gives them a scape goat and political cover.

LSU 63- OU 28 in the 2019 semi-final game, we'll never forgot OU

There are certainly some low lights in the history. Still doesn't hurt as bad as playing LSU for the National Championship in New Orleans in 2004 and dropping a pass in the end zone. Definitely felt like an away game.

Before the Thunder came to town, OU during the Switzer years was the only professional team we had. :cool:

OU record against SEC.

Alabama 3-2-1
Auburn 2-0
Arkansas 10-4-1
Florida 1-1
Georgia 0-1
Kentucky 2-1
LSU 1-2
Missouri 67-24-5
Mississippi 0-1
Mississippi St. 0-0
South Carolina 0-0
Tennessee 3-1
Texas 50-63-5
Texas AM 19-12
Vanderbilt 2-0-1

OU? I’m trying to figure out a creative way to turn that into “irrelevant”, but I’m at a loss for words…… :cool:

My most despised teams are LSU and the University of Oregon. For years I debated with myself which one I'd root for should they meet on the field.

After all the frigging debate, one of my daughter's ended up marrying an LSU guy and they now live in East Texas. Argh....

OU? I’m trying to figure out a creative way to turn that into “irrelevant”, but I’m at a loss for words…… :cool:

Obviously Unimportant?

(I don't have a dog in this fight; it just sounded like a challenge, the way he said it...)

With Ukraine, I am 100% convinced that this administration/NATO has no actual intentions of given Ukraine what it needs to win. At least win quickly.

The goal is to create a stalemate that results in dead Russian Soldiers, the degradation of Russian equipment, and ultimately weaking Russia to our own Geopolitical advantage. If Ukraine is eventually successful, that is fine but I dont think for one second it is the strategic end goal.

That is why everything is drip, drip, drip, just barely enough and just barely in time. The goal is to extend this as long as possible, and wipe out a generation of Russians.

The fact the Republicans have bulked at the spending, is even better because it gives them a scape goat and political cover.

If that is the case, and they know this, I feel they will eventually hate us. More so if they lose the war.

If that is the case, and they know this, I feel they will eventually hate us. More so if they lose the war.

We’ve already hung them out to dry. They prosecuted the war with our full support. I am absolutely certain that many promises of continued support were made by the administration. Now we’ve cut them off and they do not have the munitions to continue to advance, so there they sit, exposed. I’d be pissed if I were them.

Out of curiosity what do you believe happens to the funding that goes to Defense?
I think part of it actually goes for defense materiel, servicemembers' needs and training. But a fair share also goes into contractor pockets just as in any business and not into the contracted items. $400 hammers, multi hundred dollar anything you care to name which goes for a fraction of that cost on the open market.. A fair profit, yes, but most of it is a flagrant ripoff.

It would have likely helped some if they had actually put in place an inspector general to insure funds went where they were supposed to. I can only imagine one reason for not wanting anyone watching what you’re doing and it isn’t anything positive.

It would have likely helped some if they had actually put in place an inspector general to insure funds went where they were supposed to. I can only imagine one reason for not wanting anyone watching what you’re doing and it isn’t anything positive.
Yeah, someone would lose a nice kickback.

Actually, you Trump haters should look at the Aspen Beat article by Glen Beaton which can be accessed easily through the Power Line Blog (which EVERYONE should read). It might make you think about a differing point of view on Trump.

I think part of it actually goes for defense materiel, servicemembers' needs and training. But a fair share also goes into contractor pockets just as in any business and not into the contracted items. $400 hammers, multi hundred dollar anything you care to name which goes for a fraction of that cost on the open market.. A fair profit, yes, but most of it is a flagrant ripoff.
You are quoting made up nonsense. Whose pockets and what open market are you talking about?

The typical Defense contractor runs a 12 - 14% profit margin. My old company, Northrop Grumman, achieved 12.07% last year. That means a 500 million dollar contract generates around 6 million in profit. That then is primarily distributed to share holders and new investment. Salaries are part of overhead. MacDonalds on the other hand runs a gross profit margin of 57.04% and ROE of 26.63.

What do you actually know about this? I frankly assume nothing at all. I do not know what your profession is, but this is mine. DOD and the services have extraordinarily stringent accounting procedures. So does the industry that supports them - subject to both government and internal audits.

The right wing political propaganda machine which is just as bad as the left, apparently assumes nothing is being properly accounted. That is blatantly untrue. Unlike most of the propagandists, I actually speak from personal professional experience and a real understanding of DOD accounting procedures. I actually ran all the the US Army's security assistance programs. But such knowledge is irrelevant to the typical nonsense being spewed on the right wing sites and sadly here.

And now the Oh So Principled Nikki Haley feels she is no longer constrained by her pledge to support the Republican nominee.

We’ve already hung them out to dry. They prosecuted the war with our full support. I am absolutely certain that many promises of continued support were made by the administration. Now we’ve cut them off and they do not have the munitions to continue to advance, so there they sit, exposed. I’d be pissed if I were them.

Honestly, they should hate us. Didn't we say we would protect them if they got rid of their nuclear weapons, I know there isn't a formal security pact but I can't believe they would turn them over without some reassurances (full disclosure I haven't gone down the rabbit hole on this time period, so I might have a misunderstanding)

Then before the war, as tanks are amassing, Biden says we could over look a minor excursion. Not to mention, if we truly supported them, why weren't we sending in a shit ton of aid and weapons then. Blah blah what about escalation.

1 year in, oh I guess now we can give you cluster bombs, now that it is a stalemate and we gave Russia 6 months to build trenches in the ground they took. But blah blah escalation.

Now this whole ammunition nonsense, you mean all of the smart people, accountants and lawyers can't figure out a way to get them artillery shells. No way I believe that.

But if you are the Sec of Def, and someone said hey I think we can weaken Russia for at least a generation, and it won't cost a single American life... just 100k Ukrainians and 100 billion dollars. Also, let's sweeten the deal, we will use an accounting trick to get rid of End of Life equipment and you get all new equipment. And because Republicans lack any type of strategy if it doesn't work we can blame them (and then Jake Sullivan is onboard).

The only thing I really ponder is why they offered Zelesky a ride out of there, it was almost as if they expected or wanted Ukraine to fall, butttt that could just be a good sound bite/story to rally the people of Ukraine and support for the war.

I dont believe the US government is incompent or scared, I just believe that as observers we arent privileged to the objective.

Case in point, let's look at the Afghan withdraw, 13 soldiers lost their lives, we betrayed the Foreign Nationals that supported us, and blew up an innocent family. All of us here, were horrified, sad and angry at how the withdraw was conducted. Biden and his administration saw it as we are now out of Afghanistan, he ended the war, objective achieved.

And now the Oh So Principled Nikki Haley feels she is no longer constrained by her pledge to support the Republican nominee.
Did Trump ever?

Trump said in a Newsmax interview on Wednesday that he will announce whether he will participate in the debate next week. But he made it clear he won't support the loyalty pledge.

"Why would I sign a pledge?” Trump said. "There are people on there that I wouldn’t have. I wouldn’t have certain people as, you know, somebody that I’d endorse."

Guess, Haley feels the same way as Trump in regard to people she wouldn't endorse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBUFreda80

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with