Politics

Been meaning to say the following for a while now...

It isn't in anyone's interest in either equipping Ukraine to end the war decisively or quickly. By slow leaking arms, ammo and funds it prolongs the war. The result is a long protracted war that bleeds Russia to death by a thousand cuts and renders Ukraine open to exploitation by whomever comes in to feed on the carcass.

We are (or should I say I am not) dumb. If the West REALLY wanted to end this war and have Ukraine the victors they could have done it already.

It's a game. A sick perverted game.

I support Ukraine's fight but it is becoming more and more clear that, with the exception of Ukraine, there is not a single country on the planet that has any interest in a quick decisive victory (or conclusion).
I think that is quite wrong. The current administration, and particularly Jake Sullivan, is simply way out of their depth and hugely risk averse. Remember, the guy making the decisions is only focused on the next election. He has no experience or understanding of the concept of correlation of forces.

They want to prolong it as long as possible because it's big money in their pockets. Iraq and asscrackistan ring any bells? What did 20 years of horrendous expense get us except a lot of wasted young lives?
Out of curiosity what do you believe happens to the funding that goes to Defense?

I think that is quite wrong. The current administration, and particularly Jake Sullivan, is simply way out of their depth and hugely risk averse. Remember, the guy making the decisions is only focused on the next election. He has no experience or understanding of the concept of correlation of forces.
Not to mention he is working for one of the most risk averse Presidents ever. Bided was the only one of Obama cabinet to advice not going after Bin Laden as "it could fail" and have political repercussions.

I find a great deal of the anti Trump members here (yes there are exceptions) are of the upper middle class. Those member can afford to look 20-30 years ahead, or look at geo political issues. To them I would say you are as out of touch with middle America as Biden and the Dems are! And I kinda despise you as much as I do the Dems.

Republicans that don't earn $100k a year or more don't look 20-30 years ahead, they look 20-30 days ahead because that's all they have. They want to be able to make rent, not even think of sending their kids to Yale, Harvard, Perdue and all the other grand places I've seen in the previous pages of mutual self stroking and circle jerking that has taken place.

Sorry but the rich Republicans have left their fellow party members in the dust. It's great to have the bank account that affords you to have the freedom to allow 4 more years of Dem rule. So sit back, drink a couple bottles of your $100 scotch while fondling your $50k arms collection while the rest of the "rubes / uneducated / yokel Republicans struggle under the Dems... Yeah let them eat cake!

I find a great deal of the anti Trump members here (yes there are exceptions) are of the upper middle class. Those member can afford to look 20-30 years ahead, or look at geo political issues. To them I would say you are as out of touch with middle America as Biden and the Dems are! And I kinda despise you as much as I do the Dems.

Republicans that don't earn $100k a year or more don't look 20-30 years ahead, they look 20-30 days ahead because that's all they have. They want to be able to make rent, not even think of sending their kids to Yale, Harvard, Perdue and all the other grand places I've seen in the previous pages of mutual self stroking and circle jerking that has taken place.

Sorry but the rich Republicans have left their fellow party members in the dust. It's great to have the bank account that affords you to have the freedom to allow 4 more years of Dem rule. So sit back, drink a couple bottles of your $100 scotch while fondling your $50k arms collection while the rest of the "rubes / uneducated / yokel Republicans struggle under the Dems... Yeah let them eat cake!
Zam, I normally appreciate your posts. But read what you said. I should first add my BA and MA are from McNeese State University. It is one of the lesser known Ivy League schools sited on the Contraband Bayou of South Louisiana.

What you wrote essentially says that an informed opinion, based on education and experience that is different than yours, should be despised.

For the record - as someone hoping for a choice other than Trump - I make quite a bit under 100K. What I have done is pay off all my bills and try to live debt free, and have a job I absolutely love. But no sir, I do not make anything close to 6 figures. And I have a bachelor's from a small DII school. GO TIGERS!!

Oh, and I don't drink scotch (or anything else) and I have exactly one gun I paid more than a thousand dollars for - My Browning/Winchester 1895. I have two daughters - one at trade school to become a plumber/furnace installer (waaaay valuable out here) and another slowly working her way through state college to become a teacher.

And Trump will not get my vote. Come on Nikki Haley! :p

Last edited:
I don’t think that the guy making the decisions is the guy that was voted into office, it seems to be someone behind the scenes and not Biden.

You may be right from a USA point of view but my post still holds water. It the EU / NATO / US block could quite easily supply what is required from rusting stocks. One of your previous posts pointed that out re equipping battalions with current supplies yet they drip feed...

Zam, I normally appreciate your posts. But read what you said. I should first add my BA and MA are from McNeese State University. It is one of the lesser known Ivy League schools sited on the Contraband Bayou of South Louisiana.

What you wrote essentially says that an informed opinion, based on education and experience that is different than yours, should be despised.
I'm sorry you chose to read something into my post as opposed to the words that I actually wrote.

Simply, 87.954000185% of Republicans live hand to mouth or only have a few dollars in the bank. Do you actually think they are more worried about the next trip to the ER or what happens globally? It's is nice to be able to afford to have a world view when most Americans can't even raise their eyes to see the end of the month let alone the end of the their state borders.

They do not have the luxury of waiting for the next best thing to come out of the the GOP in 4/8/12/16 years.

I don’t think that the guy making the decisions is the guy that was voted into office, it seems to be someone behind the scenes and not Biden.
That is what I said. The National Security Advisor, Jake Sullivan, an election lawyer, is running this war.

For the record - as someone hoping for a choice other than Trump - I make quite a bit under 100K. What I have done is pay off all my bills and try to live debt free, and have a job I absolutely love. But no sir, I do not make anything close to 6 figures. And I have a bachelor's from a small DII school. GO TIGERS!!

Oh, and I don't drink scotch (or anything else) and I have exactly one gun I paid more than a thousand dollars for - My Browning/Winchester 1895. I have two daughters - one at trade school to become a plumber/furnace installer (waaaay valuable out here) and another slowly working her way through state college to become a teacher.

I’m with you @tundratiger we parallel pretty much, I will not vote for the blowhard in the primary on Tuesday but as I’ve stated before I will hold my nose vote for him in November and then be sick for a week or two.

You may be right from a USA point of view but my post still holds water. It the EU / NATO / US block could quite easily supply what is required from rusting stocks. One of your previous posts pointed that out re equipping battalions with current supplies yet they drip feed...
We are 100% in agreement of what is happening. We simply disagree on the motivation.

You were specifically one of the exceptions I had in mind (y)

Simple analogy: If you meet a man dying of thirst 500 miles into the desert and you offer him a pint of water now or a million dollars / pints of water in 4 more years, which will he take? Even if that person offering the water is someone he despises.

It's nice if you as the water rich one has the choice. The dying guy has no choice.

Do I need to explain it?

I’m with you @tundratiger we parallel pretty much, I will not vote for the blowhard in the primary on Tuesday but as I’ve stated before I will hold my nose vote for him in November and then be sick for a week or two.
Who is there left to vote for in the primaries on Tuesday? As I watched Haley start crying at the podium after someone said something bad about a family member? What’s she going to do when real adversity smacks her in the face? I’m sure Putin would love to make her cry. So who is left?

Who is there left to vote for in the primaries on Tuesday? As I watched Haley start crying at the podium after someone said something bad about a family member? What’s she going to do when real adversity smacks her in the face? I’m sure Putin would love to make her cry. So who is left?
I’m probably going to leave the president spot blank, but we do have some pretty important down ballot races on the ballot.

Zam, I normally appreciate your posts. But read what you said. I should first add my BA and MA are from McNeese State University. It is one of the lesser known Ivy League schools sited on the Contraband Bayou of South Louisiana. . .

I thought you were an LSU graduate.

I thought you were an LSU graduate.
No, but like almost everyone in Louisiana except Tulane graduates, I pull fervently for the Tigers. I should note that my former employer saw fit to send me to the Walsh School for International Studies and also the Foreign Service Institute. But, I do not pull for GU in basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dirk89B86

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?