Politics

It is true, he has been more interested in governing

I dont think he has been very effective at governing, the one exception being where he held strong and didn't let Garland become a SC justice.

If you look at some of this recent compromis, such as the border bill, is a perfect example.

But I don't think the Republicans in general have been good at governing for at least 20 years, so not entirely on him.

I dont think he has been very effective at governing, the one exception being where he held strong and didn't let Garland become a SC justice.

If you look at some of this recent compromis, such as the border bill, is a perfect example.

But I don't think the Republicans in general have been good at governing for at least 20 years, so not entirely on him.
Not since Pres. Reagan.

https://twitter.com/seanmdav
Sean Davis

@seanmdav
Subscribe

Senate insiders tell me McConnell’s surprise announcement is a desperate move to retain his grip on power, as his support within the conference is cratering following his disastrous attempt to rubber stamp Biden’s open borders amnesty policy. Rather than face a formal vote of removal, McConnell announced his plan to resign the leadership post in November. Career Senate staff tell me momentum was building within the Senate GOP to formally oust McConnell as leader. “Even a growing number of moderates were angry at the chaos he was sowing in the conference,” one senior Senate GOP aide told me.An open rebellion against McConnell was in the works due to his “repeated sabotage of Republican priorities and border inaction,” the aide said.Others told me McConnell’s move was entirely cynical, and an attempt to cling to power for another 8 months.He’s just trying to get ahead of “a possible defenestration,” one aide said.

12:54 PM · Feb 28, 2024
·
Views

I asked for your reasoning. I should have known better.
Normally, I simply ignore your comments, but your post was was nothing but thinly veiled insults aimed at Trump and his supporters.
Nothing but a smarmy way to ask a Trump supporter for reasoning.
I have plenty of reasoning as to why I want to see McConnell flushed, along with a laundry list of others.
I'm not going to waste my time typing out that reasoning to someone who is stuck in the political past, and refuses to see the bigger picture, or why the Republican party needs a serious overhaul.

https://twitter.com/seanmdav
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Subscribe

Senate insiders tell me McConnell’s surprise announcement is a desperate move to retain his grip on power, as his support within the conference is cratering following his disastrous attempt to rubber stamp Biden’s open borders amnesty policy. Rather than face a formal vote of removal, McConnell announced his plan to resign the leadership post in November. Career Senate staff tell me momentum was building within the Senate GOP to formally oust McConnell as leader. “Even a growing number of moderates were angry at the chaos he was sowing in the conference,” one senior Senate GOP aide told me.An open rebellion against McConnell was in the works due to his “repeated sabotage of Republican priorities and border inaction,” the aide said.Others told me McConnell’s move was entirely cynical, and an attempt to cling to power for another 8 months.He’s just trying to get ahead of “a possible defenestration,” one aide said.

12:54 PM · Feb 28, 2024
·
Views
Ted Cruz has been very vocal about McConnell resigning

Spoken like a true supporter of the swamp and it's ilk.

Mitch " The Democrats Bitch", needs to go.

I asked for your reasoning. I should have known better.

1709153658192.png

Tragically, I think questions about GOP Senate leadership may be irrelevant. The massive loathing between the GOP factions will likely mean that between 30-45% of Republican voters won't vote for the other side's candidate. Some may even vote for the Democrats to highlight their repugnance..

At the same time, I would predict that the Democrats will have a record turnout due to better organisation and their fear of the bogeyman. Not only will this effect the Presidential vote but also the down the line votes.

This creates a situation with a Democrat President, House and Senate - not just by a few seats but a massive majority.

This is pretty much where I am with McConnell.. I think hes been a bit too ready to compromise to the point of leaving too much on the table that was still available in recent years..

That said I've had similar thoughts about most Republican leadership for 20+ years...

Everything doesnt have to be an all or nothing affair like those on the extreme left and the extreme right seem to think it should be..

But I think the Republicans have lost far more than they have gained for the last few decades.. even when they had absolute control of one house or the other..

Spoken like a true supporter of the swamp and it's ilk.

Mitch " The Democrats Bitch", needs to go.

That is not really an answer. I am curious as to what specifically he has done, other than call out DT’s ridiculous behavior, to justify this?

That is not really an answer. I am curious as to what specifically he has done, other than call out DT’s ridiculous behavior, to justify this?
He did not genuflect to Trump. He also got on Trump's wrong side when he refused to do away with the filibuster like Trump wanted. Where would we have been today if that had happened?

What the critics don't comprehend is that it is always better to have 80% of something rather than 0% of everything.

The current House is a perfect example of this with do nothing MAGA obstruction caucus allegedly being in charge.

It's not so simple as to what McConnell has done. It's a matter of what he won't do, or can't do.
I give Mitch credit for keeping SCOTUS red, and delaying votes on Garland. Look at the damage Garland is doing from his perch in the DOJ. We dodged a bullet.....eh?
The Republican party needs to evolve if they want to match the Democrats blow for blow. We cant counterattack, and smash the Democrats in the mouth, with a stubborn octogenarian like McConnell at the helm.
The Democrat party has gone radical, and doesnt even hide it.
It will take ass kickers & name takers to defeat them . Mitch is not the man for the job anymore.

McConnell is the most disliked Senator in D.C.

Normally, I simply ignore your comments, but your post was was nothing but thinly veiled insults aimed at Trump and his supporters.

I am surprised you would be able to recognize 'thinly veiled' anything, whereas that's certainly not Trump's style at all, and his barrage of bluntness must surely dull the senses to anything less direct to his coterie of fawners.

So in your distaste for Trump and his "fawners" (as opposed to Obama's lickspittles) are you willing to subject the country to another four years of the deliberate destruction we have been enduring?
I am truly concerned that before long, people will start killing each other. The Democrat's brownshirts have already made rumblings about it. I shouldn't wonder that the summer of 2020 will look like the good old days compared to the summer of '24.

I have distaste for both.

I don't give any thought to what Biden says, aside to be amazed by the fact that anyone can have so much difficulty trying to articulate semi-coherent thoughts. However, in theory, Trump supporters and myself are on the same side: Republican/conservative. I am a registered Republican. However, all too often those who strongly support Trump follow his lead on how to address anyone who disagrees with them - simply be dismissive, and try to shout them down or name call. I find that just as reprehensible, and possibly more so because we are supposedly on the same side.

I have said it before: barring something incredibly unforeseen at this moment in time, I will not vote in the upcoming election for either current leading candidate for president.

I am truly concerned that before long, people will start killing each other. The Democrat's brownshirts have already made rumblings about it. I shouldn't wonder that the summer of 2020 will look like the good old days compared to the summer of '24.

I share your concern.

The Republican party needs to evolve if they want to match the Democrats blow for blow. We cant counterattack, and smash the Democrats in the mouth, with a stubborn octogenarian like McConnell at the helm.
You mean like on January 6th?

I think you mean devolve rather than evolve.

Maybe for the MAGA crowd. Overall, I think Schumer is the one.

I am surprised you would be able to recognize 'thinly veiled' anything, whereas that's certainly not Trump's style at all, and his barrage of bluntness must surely dull the senses to anything less direct to his coterie of fawners.
I figured it wouldn't take long before Red Legs forum cronies showed up and start to pile on.....LOL.

Predictable, if anything.

It's not so simple as to what McConnell has done. It's a matter of what he won't do, or can't do.
I give Mitch credit for keeping SCOTUS red, and delaying votes on Garland. Look at the damage Garland is doing from his perch in the DOJ. We dodged a bullet.....eh?
The Democrat party has gone radical, and doesnt even hide it.
It will take ass kickers & name takers to defeat them . Mitch is not the man for the job anymore.

That’s a reasonable response, whether we agree on all points or not. However, I wouldn’t think that anything in your response would justify your characterization of the man in the previous post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dirk89B86

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?