Politics

Wasn’t one of the earlier beefs against the Obama administration that they only gave Ukraine humanitarian aid? When the Trump administration came in they started giving military aid? Now Trump supporters want to take away all aid, is it because the democrats are for it now?

Some or maybe most Trump supporters and many of these self professed "America First" conservatives argue that America should stay out of all foreign conflicts and affairs. This, from my observations is based on the rallying cries of: MAGA, America First and the notion by many or again, maybe most Trump conservatives that only democrats are war hawks. The naivety of these folks is beyond comprehension.

Some of it has to do with the realisation of the financial obligations of an ongoing conflict mixed with no real end point being laid out by either side. Ukraine wants Russia out of their entire country. Not going to happen. Our politicians haven't clearly laid out the stipulations for our continuing aid. It just seems like we need to get used to handing over checks year after year while watching this stalemate. We're degrading Russia in one sense, but when will Russia stop sending men into the meat grinder? They've never cared about their own people in the first place.

Another argument is that we have too many problems here to be giving money to other countries. Illigal immigration, fentanyl, worries of domestic terrorism, declining economy, other social upheaval, etc. That's all true. But in my mind they are falling into the trap that liberals have set of creating conflicts on 20 different fronts to kill morale, distract, divide and conquer. They fail to realize that we still need to watch out for our national interests and participate in the worlds matters while taking care of matters at home which really aren't that complicated if we would just stick together, vote and support good legislation.

Thank you for your insight and clarity @Red Leg. To be clear I have many muslim friends and business associates. The Muslims are wonderful people, and I don’t see them as a threat at all. The threat is extremism, it is not hiding, it is not pretending, it is right there making it’s threats and carrying them out. No amount of trade seems to be countering it, it seems to be at a level above even that. Would it disappear if Israel disappeared? Who can answer that.

I would have to vote a hard NO on that. Jewish hate in the middle east was around long before Israel. They were fine or at least tolerable as long as they stayed in their lane or someone else's country, though that didn't stop them from supporting hatred and genocide. As soon as they were given some legitimacy it opened the flood gates for what we have at present. There was always going to be a catalyst IMO. Islamic extremism and Jewish hatred didn't start in the 1940's and 50's. It was just given a reason to show itself to the masses.

I’m okay with America first but not America only at the worlds expense. I think a country as rich and powerful as ours has the resources to take care of our own, safety, infrastructure and border. I just don’t think the current administration has the will to do anything here that would be beneficial to our citizens. While they want to hand out money to any other country that wants it. In short I truly believe we can handle both with proper oversight and auditing. But our national debt has just reached an un fathomable level so maybe not.

FB_IMG_1704409302112.jpg

Yet another of these brainless and very costly Russian assaults. Considering their losses, this is probably a company team attack. As an axis of advance, the commander orders the assault through an avenue of approach already holding five destroyed Russian armored vehicles. :unsure: The lead two vehicles are tanks the first of which is pushing a mine roller. The last two are BMP armored fighting vehicles carrying infantry. The lead tank roles into a minefield and is knocked out of action in spite of the roller. Then the rear vehicle is hit by an anti-tank missile. The second BMP is in turn struck, and then the second tank is catastrophically destroyed attempting to abandon the infantry. Note the red tracer rounds also being used against the surviving dismounted Russian troops. Simply mindless and professionally embarrassing.

President Biden is to speak at Valley Forge Pennsylvania about “sedition” three years ago.

Maybe somebody should tell him why George Washington was in Valley Forge
“A rebellion is always legal in the first person, such as "our rebellion." It is only in the third person - "their rebellion" - that it becomes illegal.” ;)

This is the worst military analysis that I have heard from him. He has tended to remain big picture where he seems most assured. Specifics - particularly current military specifics - are problematic because they are open to immediate rebuttal.

His analysis is based upon the assumption that Russia of the 2020's is the Russia of the early 1940's. I believe that is fundamentally false. No matter what the propogandists say over on R1, or how often Putin points his finger at NATO, Russia is not fighting an invader. This is a war that Putin started and Putin can end. That is very different than the sacrifices the Russian people willingly shouldered to defeat the German invasion and bring down Hitler's regime. Moreover, I am fairly sure most of the Russian people realize that.

Secondly, those 8 million military age young people are not all standing at attention awaiting a summons to military service. They certainly aren't lining up to volunteer. The truth is that Putin doesn't dare institute general mobilization. So how does he access them in their hundreds of thousands? Also, millions of those young people are needed in the workforce. The manpower pool is indeed larger than Ukraine, but is also definitely finite.

Thirdly, it is hard for a civilian to sometimes grasp, not all tanks are created equal. Russia has essentially thrown away its modernized Army. I think most analysts concurred that the modernized Russian tank fleet numbered something over 3000 platforms. Those are largely gone. Yes they have brought many out of storage, and have had some new production, but they are in no way maintaining pace with the loss rate much less the quality rate - a T-62 is not a T-72 is not a T-90. I honestly believe that the correlation of forces equation favors Ukraine more right now than at any point since the start of the war.

Regrettably, because Zeihan is very popular among the Chardonnay sipping liberal set, this sort of gloomy prognostication can only further reinforce the growing opposition to continued US support already so effectively championed by the neo-isolationists on the right.

I honestly believe that the correlation of forces equation favors Ukraine more right now than at any point since the start of the war.

Would you include artillery in this?

Towards the end of the video when Zeihan says Ukraine needs to defeat the Russians in Avdiivka with the current odds, and then do it 100 more times, I'm sure there's a bit of hyperbole there, but the point does stand. The Russians seem at least firm on holding Donbas, and probably ironclad on holding Crimea. So I guess to your point about this war ending when Putin wants it to end, I don't know to me it seems that it's more likely that it will end when Kiev decides to stop trying to retake lost ground.

It's true Russia isn't fighting an invader, but for the last couple of months they've been doing a lot of defensive operations.

With the tank issue... it almost seems like the Russians have at times basically just been using tanks in the same way we would use an MRAP or GMV with extra guns mounted, and I mean if you have thousands of them and ammo for them.... why not?

"Chardonnay sipping liberal set" is golden btw...

Last edited:
We are currently in a pre-stage of a world war. I compare it to the period between 1936-1939. The civil war in Spain is raging and it is unclear who will win, but Italy and Germany help Franco, while the West mainly stays silent. Same goes with Czechoslovakia and Austria, two sovereign nations which still are independent but on the verge to be annexed. Again the West does nothing. By the end of this pre-world war period the fascist regimes have achieved everything and with the Hitler-Stalin Pact the gates to WW2 are now fully open.

Russia, North Korea and Iran, as well as their minions such Hezbollah, Hamas, Assad-Syria and the Houthis in Yemen are currently moving against the free world. China is in my opinion currently more on the side-lines even when some Chinese hardware appears in Russian arsenal, but it is far from what it could be if China seriously goes in. China has its own plan and it does not include an existent Russia.

This might sound bleak but it doesn't have to be. There is still a chance to avert world war 3. The key to everything is Ukraine, and this is no hyperbole. When Russia fails in Ukraine, then the whole axis of the dictatorships will fall apart. Putin will be considered the greatest loser of Russian history, will be removed and Russia in its current form will end to exist. Regimes in countries like Belarus, Syria and Serbia will lose their puppetplayer and will end. The mullah regime will be extremely exposed and vulnerable, offering the freedom-loving people of Iran to finally overthrow their mullah regime. This in turn will cause a domino effect in the Middle-East, ending the most important ally of the Assad regime, Hezbollah and Hamas, and freeing Syria and Lebanon from their biggest curse.

It is up to us in the West if we want to avert WW3. Ukraine and her fight are directly connected to this question. Ukraine is the key between freedom for all of us or WW3 if Ukraine is abandoned. There is nothing in between. It cannot be overstated that this is the single-greatest decision of our times.

This was posted on the other african hunting forum...it should be food for thought for all us westerners..

The US is the major player here...you people have the hardware aka lots of heavy weapons.. Red Leg mentioned the the US have some 300 M1 Abrams tanks in storage..? Send them over ASAP along with long range ATACAM´s Germany should send Taurus missiles too..

The EU do not have enough heavy weapons....but it is financially strong...let them finance at least some of the weaponry the US supply.

With the tank issue... it almost seems like the Russians have at times basically just been using tanks in the same way we would use an MRAP or GMV with extra guns mounted, and I mean if you have thousands of them and ammo for them.... why not?
The country of Slovenia has sent surplus T55 tanks to Ukraine. (other eastern European countries, probably did the same)
I believe that both sides use whatever they have.

An Austrian assessment
How frustrating. This falls squarely upon Biden, he refuses to secure the southern border and thus free up the funds for Ukraine. Hopeless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totaku

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with