Politics

5 minutes on the internet would have told him about all of the issues. Hell, even PBS had a show where a guy took a small roadtrip in CA in an electric vehicle and it to him like three days. He suffered all the same issues as this guy.

Some people are finding out that they can't even find replacement batteries, and if they do it could cost them 15k for a battery for a vehicle only worth 10k or less.

I just heard today that the bus company that Kamala and Biden were creaming themselves over has gone under. They're still trying to push electric semis that take 10 hours to charge for a range of 215 miles.

The push for electric vehicles is about control of an individual's transportation and to drive up the prices of everything. Not to mention some sweet kickbacks that are lining some skanky pockets in D.C.

Rant over.

We're conflating dissimilar things.

In one corner:

1.) Lousy, unreliable, low quality EVs that will likely go bankrupt or their product will go end of life. Chevy Volt? Rivian? Nikola?

In the other corner:

2.) A great vehicle at an affordable price that should be used for a proper use case. A Tesla Model S is a very good vehicle with features and quality equal to the BMW 345i and Audi A8 sedan. So if you wanted a great car and intend to drive it moderate distances and you want to pay $50,000 less, that is a great idea.

Anyone buying the terrible Ford Lightning for $115,000 when it at best should be $60,000 and work properly is the idiot. You can't blame the car industry for that one, just Ford and their idiotic customer. The former for making an overpriced junk car and the latter for overpaying for an unreliable vehicle not suited for his use-case.

Now the world knows what the Bidet's response will be to any disaster manmade or natural NO, NO COMMENT. That's because he hasn't been told what to say yet.
Even then he won't be able to read the teleprompter.

1692049185730.png

For those who think Boomers had it easy.

Weiss, and the DOJ, have one mission.
Too obstruct the house investigation.

Convenient timing, after Comer announced they were going to subpoena the Bidens, and had a winnable court case for obtaining documents.

Maybe Comer shouldn't be so eager to tip his hand.
This will not impede any investigation other than, Weiss can use it to skip his sit down with the panel. They can still subpoena the Bidens and more bank records etc.

Just a bump in the road.

Setting the aside the issue of a DC Court and Jury, I have always felt this was where Trump had the greatest risk.
Its way overblown, like most of the charges. In the end I think much of it will be dismissed or Trump cleared.
When liberals like Dershowitz and Jonathan Turley say its bogus and they have, I tend to believe them.

1692058618620.jpeg

We're conflating dissimilar things.

In one corner:

1.) Lousy, unreliable, low quality EVs that will likely go bankrupt or their product will go end of life. Chevy Volt? Rivian? Nikola?

In the other corner:

2.) A great vehicle at an affordable price that should be used for a proper use case. A Tesla Model S is a very good vehicle with features and quality equal to the BMW 345i and Audi A8 sedan. So if you wanted a great car and intend to drive it moderate distances and you want to pay $50,000 less, that is a great idea.

Anyone buying the terrible Ford Lightning for $115,000 when it at best should be $60,000 and work properly is the idiot. You can't blame the car industry for that one, just Ford and their idiotic customer. The former for making an overpriced junk car and the latter for overpaying for an unreliable vehicle not suited for his use-case.

Pardon me but I'm a little confused as to what most of your post has to do with mine.

I do agree that most of those cheap cars are junk and have already failed in one way or another.

Yes EV's are "proper use case". In my estimation not for purposes that use over half of their advertised mileage. Mileage of a particular vehicle may be one thing in the winter but as you are a WI resident as am I, we both know what cold or in our case extreme cold will do to a battery.

Again, I'm not sure why you bring a Tesla into this as I wasn't making vehicle comparisons, but I do agree a model S is probably nicer than a chevy volt? But isn't it an $80,000+ vehicle? Not a car that the masses will buy and I'm not sure what it's $50,000 cheaper than. A model 3 is what a normal Joe might buy but the advertised mileage is still only 200 or so from my quick research.

The lightning buyer is an idiot and in fact I think I referred to him in my next post as a simpleton.

One of my points in that post is that with a little research he could have saved himself a lot of headache and discovered all of the downfalls of an EV. Not road trip vehicles due to poor mileage, not for towing, unreliable charging stations, etc.

Another is that older EV's will need new batteries that will be expensive if you can find them.

Pardon me but I'm a little confused as to what most of your post has to do with mine.

I do agree that most of those cheap cars are junk and have already failed in one way or another.

Yes EV's are "proper use case". In my estimation not for purposes that use over half of their advertised mileage. Mileage of a particular vehicle may be one thing in the winter but as you are a WI resident as am I, we both know what cold or in our case extreme cold will do to a battery.

Again, I'm not sure why you bring a Tesla into this as I wasn't making vehicle comparisons, but I do agree a model S is probably nicer than a chevy volt? But isn't it an $80,000+ vehicle? Not a car that the masses will buy and I'm not sure what it's $50,000 cheaper than. A model 3 is what a normal Joe might buy but the advertised mileage is still only 200 or so from my quick research.

The lightning buyer is an idiot and in fact I think I referred to him in my next post as a simpleton.

One of my points in that post is that with a little research he could have saved himself a lot of headache and discovered all of the downfalls of an EV. Not road trip vehicles due to poor mileage, not for towing, unreliable charging stations, etc.

Another is that older EV's will need new batteries that will be expensive if you can find them.

My post was a reply to a post on a prior page from @Red Leg and his post to an article about an idiot that spent $115k on a ford lightning pickup he dreamt of using for cross-country hauling.

I know several people that drive cross country in Tesla’s, something they can do because the super charging stations coupled with 250 mile range per charge, it’s not really much of a big deal. But cross country travel and hauling isn’t really the sweet spot for an EV no matter how good the build quality is, their sweet spot is going fast In a car that costs less than an equal performance gas alternative for the typical driver. (Typical driver = <40 miles a day)

I have a gas and a diesel at present. I have a cyber truck reservation in place, pending an actual MSRP. If it really comes out as a 4x4 pickup for $50k, that’s a hell of a deal compared to equally equipped alternatives for trip to town and kids to school scenarios, certainly better than a loaded Tacoma at the same price point. On the other hand, if they end up being $80k like a Rivian, now you’re comparing it to nearly the price of 3/4 ton well equipped diesel pickups which is a totally different capability that includes heavy towing and 500 mile fuel capacity.

Last edited:
My post was a reply to a post on a prior page from @Red Leg and his post to an article about an idiot that spent $115k on a ford lightning pickup he dreamt of using for cross-country hauling.

I know several people that drive cross country in Tesla’s, something they can do because the super charging stations coupled with 250 mile range per charge, it’s not really much of a big deal. But cross country travel and hauling isn’t really the sweet spot for an EV no matter how good the build quality is, their sweet spot is going fast In a car that costs less than an equal performance gas alternative for the typical driver. (Typical driver = <40 miles a day)

I have a gas and a diesel at present. I have a cyber truck reservation in place, pending an actual MSRP. If it really comes out as a 4x4 pickup for $50k, that’s a hell of a deal compared to equally equipped alternatives for trip to town and kids to school scenarios, certainly better than a loaded Tacoma at the same price point. On the other hand, if they end up being $80k like a Rivian, now you’re comparing it to nearly the price of 3/4 ton well equipped diesel pickups which is a totally different capability that includes heavy towing and 500 mile fuel capacity.
Forget any ev and get a good diesel truck. You'll be set for a half million miles or more.

I know several people that drive cross country in Tesla’s, something they can do because the super charging stations coupled with 250 mile range per charge, it’s not really much of a big deal. But cross country travel and hauling isn’t really the sweet spot for an EV no matter how good the build quality is, their sweet spot is going fast In a car that costs less than an equal performance gas alternative for the typical driver. (Typical driver =

Your definition of cross country capable and mine are vastly different. I would never consider a vehicle with 250 mile range for a cross country trip, let alone one that needs charging. My truck has 750 miles range and can be refueled in five minutes. I can’t even imagine trying to use an EV on one of my long trips. It took me five hard days to drive from Kenai to Alabama on my last run. 4,400 miles if I remember correctly. I doubt I would have even made it in an EV. How about an easier 22 hour run to Tucson. I do it in a day and a half. An EV with250 miles range??? Not a chance!

IMO the biggest problem of EV is that the greenies don’t want us to have a choice. EV or nothing. I guess for now we should invest in 2 vehicles, 1 for local use and 1 for road trips, according to them. I do an annual trip to the Texas Panhandle and it is 1100 miles from my house, it takes me 15 or so hours to drive my F150 that has a range of 700 miles per tank, one fill up outside of Dallas. Not doable in an EV, stop to charge every 250 miles for who knows how long to charge. No thanks!

The sad part of all this battery driven car/truck stuff is that they produce the opposite of what is desired.. Resource consumption is quantums more than internal combustion as is energy consumption. It is clear that if peace is maintained and the process is allowed to complete to its natural conclusion the use of oil/gas/coal will be resumed and electrical applianes will be designated to those things within its advantage.

Was just reading a story that major makers are dropping some diesel options in their trucks. Jeep is dropping it in the Gladiator, GMC has dropped it in the Canyon/Colorado trucks, Ford dropped it in their F150 line.
I drive a 2017 Colorado with diesel and would hate to have to back to gas! I get 34+ highway and I like that, range is over 600 thus, less so with mixed driving, usually close to 500.
EV? That'll be the day!

This may not work, and I can't find it anywhere else but on FB... If you can see it, it's funny.

It works for me, not quite as hilarious as Trump driving golf balls into Joe, but funny!

@rookhawk I'll echo everyone else. Stopping to charge a vehicle every 250 miles is a non-starter for me. My 1/2 ton dodge has 395 HP and gets 21 mpg. I can drive 400 miles, stop in any small town on any route I want, spend 5 minutes filling up and be on my way. I can do this towing my boat or with a camper in the bed. I also don't have to worry about charging my vehicle to get to work in the morning. Many people I work with wouldn't make it to work if EV's were the only option.

Frankly, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks this sort of freedom is what many of the evil elite want to stop. They will if all we have access to is EV's.

We agree, they are limited use vehicles but very few can fork over $50k for a run to town vehicle, nor will the vast majority want to pay for two reliable vehicles for local use and long distance drives.

Forget the EV. I've seen brand new fully kitted out Tacoma TRD's for sub $45k and the TRD version of the Nissan Frontier for sub $40k. Used sub 30k mile TRD's can be had for sub $40k.

Amazing how incompetent the Fulton County Clerk is:

1. Leak indictment prior to Grand Jury finishing and voting.

2. Forgetting to redact the Grand Jury members names. (I am using an online source that did the redactions.}

1692074852212.png

Last edited:
So more cases like this pending in other countries....if the rulings go the same as this.... going to cause some shite...

BBC News - Judge sides with 16 activists in Montana climate case

Was just reading a story that major makers are dropping some diesel options in their trucks. Jeep is dropping it in the Gladiator, GMC has dropped it in the Canyon/Colorado trucks, Ford dropped it in their F150 line.
I drive a 2017 Colorado with diesel and would hate to have to back to gas! I get 34+ highway and I like that, range is over 600 thus, less so with mixed driving, usually close to 500.
EV? That'll be the day!

Yup was reading an article where they are making a very limited run of final diesel powered gladiators....said if you want one had better act fast.....have liked the look of them, and saw one in the importers showroom here....went in to have a look...was a petrol one...and the rubicon version...was nice....but think you will he slightly amazed at the price here....due to import duties....usd 102,000.00....and it's gone so been sold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DieterUlme

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]