Politics

I think you have the point.
I think that this would be "the golden bridge" for the enemy, that Sun Tzu wrote about.

“Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.”​

― Sun Tzu
"And when he gets halfway across the bridge, you blow it up". LOL
-George Patton

Last edited:
@Kevin Peacocke while we agree on most topics Kevin, I'm not sure I can fully concur that "there are very smart analysts in the Pentagon" lol. Perhaps there are, but I don't think the USA is seeking a diplomatic solution to this war, or even a cessation. Families of power in DC have made three generation careers on hating Russia. We have historically opposed Russia, even when they wanted to help us....say fight the Taliban or other terrorist groups. If one carefully reviews the US's steady military encroachment in Ukraine and the Baltics, one sees that there were dozens of provocations for this war, and equally, dozens of opportunities to prevent it. We nearly had a nuclear exchange with Russia in the 60's because of their placing missiles in Cuba. We should not be surprised that paranoid Russia bristled at the potential arming of Ukraine. Anyway, I fully agree with you actually. A compromise is needed. A bridge to Terabithia. And I might add, no one that I know, not even my wife, agrees with me on this topic. I am totally against our participation in this war, and believe we (USA) are partially responsible for it. From the general gist of this thread, I see that most here are solidly behind sending weapons and aid to Ukraine. The news media certainly is....pounding the drums nightly. I hope there are a few smart analysts that don't own stock in Raytheon ...as always, appreciate your posts..........FW Bill

-George Patton
CoELkHunter, just for the record, George Patton, is my favorite of historic American Generals (a maverick of American generals)(y)

CoELkHunter, just for the record, George Patton, is my favorite of historic American Generals (a maverick of American generals)(y)
Mine, too. He got things done and screw the politics.

right_side.jpg

One of the D.C. genius
AOC_ditz.jpg

1677442269091.png

1677451714532.png

1677455132975.png

1677455227162.png

1677455286231.png

@Kevin Peacocke while we agree on most topics Kevin, I'm not sure I can fully concur that "there are very smart analysts in the Pentagon" lol. Perhaps there are, but I don't think the USA is seeking a diplomatic solution to this war, or even a cessation. Families of power in DC have made three generation careers on hating Russia. We have historically opposed Russia, even when they wanted to help us....say fight the Taliban or other terrorist groups. If one carefully reviews the US's steady military encroachment in Ukraine and the Baltics, one sees that there were dozens of provocations for this war, and equally, dozens of opportunities to prevent it. We nearly had a nuclear exchange with Russia in the 60's because of their placing missiles in Cuba. We should not be surprised that paranoid Russia bristled at the potential arming of Ukraine. Anyway, I fully agree with you actually. A compromise is needed. A bridge to Terabithia. And I might add, no one that I know, not even my wife, agrees with me on this topic. I am totally against our participation in this war, and believe we (USA) are partially responsible for it. From the general gist of this thread, I see that most here are solidly behind sending weapons and aid to Ukraine. The news media certainly is....pounding the drums nightly. I hope there are a few smart analysts that don't own stock in Raytheon ...as always, appreciate your posts..........FW Bill

I agree. But sometimes the calculus at the Pentagon is confusing. For instance look at the Iraq War. To this day I still find it puzzling why America chose to invade Iraq and how any analyst familiar with the Middle East could have thought it was a good idea. Or even the way the withdrawal from Afghanistan was handled. These are actions that defy logic.

But getting to Ukraine, with the Chinese peace plan for instance, the Russians are in favor of it and Zelensky has even showed a willingness to engage with the Chinese peace plan. However, Biden has categorically rejected it. I guess now the Americans are bigger Ukrainians than the Ukrainians themselves. Obviously China has its own interests in all of this, but I would argue that it is in China's self interest to see this war ended sooner than later.

Also the US is threatening China with consequences if it supplies Russia with lethal aid. I assume those consequences would be economic sanctions. The problem is that America cannot economically hurt China without economically hurting itself as well. In such a case which side gives out first would probably depend on which citizenry is willing to endure more pain. You would think ending this war as soon as possible would be in everyone's benefit but I guess its not...

reparatopms.png

If there are more than two genders, what do the other genders' anatomy look like?
I am confused because I've only ever seem two types of human "plumbing".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JakeSoul29

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles