Plains Game Ammo

New to ELD-X as some came with the purchase of a 7x64 the load data provided gets sub moa so I’m suitably impressed.

I have not tried these on game but I read somewhere that they don’t perform so well.

I’m keen to try them on Fallow and I think they will be fine on pigs judging by your photo
@CBH Australia
Hope you like your fallow pre minced.
Bob

@CBH Australia
Hope you like your fallow pre minced.
Bob
Yeah.maybe I should downgrade from 7x64. Might be a bit much on them.

I guess where I was going with that is I have hear mixed results on ELD-x even though they are intended for use on game. The same has been said about SST’s

I have no reservations about using them on Fallow but I’m wondering how they would fair on bigger pigs.

CHB, I wonder that myself after seeing how banged up there were when used on Tahr at just over 400 mts out of my 270.

Yeah.maybe I should downgrade from 7x64. Might be a bit much on them.

I guess where I was going with that is I have hear mixed results on ELD-x even though they are intended for use on game. The same has been said about SST’s

I have no reservations about using them on Fallow but I’m wondering how they would fair on bigger pigs.
wait a minute here.......convenient Brunswick stew meat:LOL:

wait a minute here.......convenient Brunswick stew meat:LOL:
Joking aside, caliber and bullet selection is important when going after medium size game. In another post, I posted a pic of a Kudu I shot using an ELD-X 180 gr and its left side was hamburger. The animal was DRT, but a lot of meat was "Brunswick stew meat". I shot a Blesbok at 400 yds with a .25-06 213gr Nosler partition bullet and there was very little meat destruction. This might be an apples to oranges comparison, but small caliber, straight shooting calibers with some oomph behind for me, appeared to be "more better"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HansByers9

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.