on a lighter note...

One Christmas about 60 years ago, Santa brought me a Johnny Reb cannon. It was a Civil-Era looking cannon that came with 6 hard plastic cannon balls that you would place in the muzzle end of the barrel and use your ramrod to push the ball down the barrel on a spring and would cock the trigger. You then would pull the cord to fire this beast and the ball would come blazing out of the barrel and if it hit you, it would sting and leave a welt on your skin. My brother "fired" this cannon at me and the ball hit me so heard on the hear that I saw stars and had to put ice on the huge bump that it left on the side of my head.
My parents asked me if I was OK? I said yes and the war in our hallway resumed! I learned to duck pretty fast after that bonk! Those times were the fun times. Natural selection at its finest!!
I remember those cannons; had one. Could easily hit something (someone) at 30 feet with a pop and leave a mark on metal siding. That cannon, our cork guns, and lever action guns that shot plastic bullets,( and when we could, or could get away with, using our cheap wooden bows and wooden, suction cup tipped arrows) were great playing cowboy and Indians, and war.

Yes, those were some fun times growing up.

Remember the Mighty Moe Howitzer? I had one of those and found that it was just as fun taking the spring mechanism out and just shooting the plastic ball off of it.

Remember the Mighty Moe Howitzer? I had one of those and found that it was just as fun taking the spring mechanism out and just shooting the plastic ball off of it.

Never seen or heard of that one. But would have loved to of had one to go with the Johnny Reb cannon.

My brother had some type of a military looking rifle, but I don't remember who made it or what it was called. It was a rifle, had a 45 type pistol attached to the front that could be removed and used separately. It also came with a bayonet, and had a grenade (or 3) that could be shot either from the rifle barrel like the M1 Garand, or from a rod using a pump action on the rifle, I don't remember which, just that it was really cool.

Never seen or heard of that one. But would have loved to of had one to go with the Johnny Reb cannon.

My brother had some type of a military looking rifle, but I don't remember who made it or what it was called. It was a rifle, had a 45 type pistol attached to the front that could be removed and used separately. It also came with a bayonet, and had a grenade (or 3) that could be shot either from the rifle barrel like the M1 Garand, or from a rod using a pump action on the rifle, I don't remember which, just that it was really cool.

Was it the Johnny 7 rifle combo...?...I had one

1717377926247.png

I remember those cannons; had one. Could easily hit something (someone) at 30 feet with a pop and leave a mark on metal siding. That cannon, our cork guns, and lever action guns that shot plastic bullets,( and when we could, or could get away with, using our cheap wooden bows and wooden, suction cup tipped arrows) were great playing cowboy and Indians, and war.

Yes, those were some fun times growing up.

Yep, hard to believe that we deprive kids of those adventures these days. No wonder they grow up woke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouellaBal

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles