on a lighter note...

I'm usually pretty quick on the uptake, but I had to read the prostitute joke a few times. Humor is different the world over, throw language in and it can get off the rails.

When @Vashper posts a long one I either crack up right away or read it five times and never figure it out :)
Just five times? This is certainly not enough.
Of course, the humor is different, but if a language barrier is added to this, then the result will be a disaster.
Even inappropriate use of one word, even in the native language, can change the meaning.

There was a case in my youth. We, a group of students, met some nice girls. We had one guy - tall, handsome, talkative, in general, the soul of the company. And he wanted to give the impression that he was already a little sophisticated in romantic matters. And so he said that one day he accidentally exposed himself in front of his mother, and she saw his "torso, all in hickeys." The girls were laughing hysterically.
And some time later we (without guy) met them again, and accidentally found out that they did not know the exact meaning of the word "torso". I told that guy about it, he got sad, and we never met those girls again.
Sorry for the long post.

Just five times? This is certainly not enough.
Of course, the humor is different, but if a language barrier is added to this, then the result will be a disaster.
Even inappropriate use of one word, even in the native language, can change the meaning.

There was a case in my youth. We, a group of students, met some nice girls. We had one guy - tall, handsome, talkative, in general, the soul of the company. And he wanted to give the impression that he was already a little sophisticated in romantic matters. And so he said that one day he accidentally exposed himself in front of his mother, and she saw his "torso, all in hickeys." The girls were laughing hysterically.
And some time later we (without guy) met them again, and accidentally found out that they did not know the exact meaning of the word "torso". I told that guy about it, he got sad, and we never met those girls again.
Sorry for the long post.
I listed to a woman telling her testimony and she said when she owned a bar she reached a place in her life where she decided if she didn't have a guy to sleep with and a bottle of wine she would kill herself.
Every guy that laid his pickup line on her thought it worked.

Screenshot_20220214-122828_Instagram.jpg

Though this information might be useful today...
E407ED8D-46D8-4C28-986B-A08E6A9A19B4.jpeg

A Valentine's Day Story

After Uncle Elmer died, Aunt Ethel was left without her soulmate and best companion. Elmer stayed at home most of the time and was always talking with Ethel, his friends on the phone or neighbors who would stop by. She lamented to her sister, Maude, that it was so quiet as to be leaving her depressed. Maude suggested a pet parrot who was trained to talk may break up the silence during the day. Following along on that advice, Ethel visited one of the local pet shops and sure enough, there was a tall cage with two parrots chattering away. She spoke with the store owner and he advised she not buy these particular female parrots as they were from a saloon on the docks at the local port and that their language could be described as “colorful”. Thinking about her dilemma, she told him she would take the birds anyway.

A few days later, the parish priest stopped by to see how Ethel was getting along. Ethel related as to the quiet, the parrots and their talking like sailors. The priest told Ethel he had two male parrots for pets, Jedediah and Jeremiah who were very devout. He said they regularly recite the psalms and pray the rosary and maybe they could influence the two raucous females. Ethel agrees. He took them home and upon entering the room where his parrots lived, they immediately perked up. Jedediah had a miniature bible in his claws and was turning the pages and reading the psalms. Jeremiah was rolling through the rosary beads reciting Hail Marys and Our Fathers. The priest opened their cages and put them together. The female parrots began to speak and one says “Hey fellas. I’m Jezebel and this is Esther. We like a little whiskey in our water, getting naked and partying all night long”.

Jedediah drops his bible, looks at Jeremiah and sternly announces “Jerry, throw away those rosary beads.
Our prayers have been answered”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaatee

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.