Not A Luxury Sable Hunt But Truly Wild $4,500

Express visa can be done in 4 days. I got two visas for clients in johannesburg on Tuesday, took 5 hours.

Embassy of Mocambique.
1525 New Hampshire Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 293-7146
Fax: (202) 835-0245
ebamoc@aol.com

Consular Services
Phone: (202) 293-7146 ext 230
mozambvisa@aol.com

Monday-Thursday: 9am-5pm
Friday: 9am - 3pm

Consular Services:
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 1pm

The embassy website is not operating at the moment so I have attached the forms I obtained for my trip last year.

A VISA service is liklya very good idea for this late date.

I used FED EX, the suggested courier from the Embassy and I had it back in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

How long would one have to wait for the visa? I know you can't be exact but just curious as to how far in advance a person would need to work this?

For American's, don't forget Mozambique's embassy/consulate in New York to the UN. The NY offices of most embassy's generally get a lot less visa requests than their DC offices and may process them much faster. Especially if you live in the area and walk in. You may want to call first.

+1 to what Red Leg said.

Mozambique Consulate in 10022
420 East 50th Sreet,
New York
Phone+1-212-644-6800
+1-212-644-5965

Fax+1-212-644-5972
+1-212-644-0528
Email
Post address
Website URL
Report changes

Express visa can be done in 4 days. I got two visas for clients in johannesburg on Tuesday, took 5 hours.

So Simon you can actually do it for the client in Johannesburg ?

Charlie, only if I have his passport, they were punishing a few animals with Henry while I did the visas.

If you use express mail and buy the "express service" (there are companies which provide visa/passport services, and the fastest option walks the documents through the process), you can have it done in a week.

Charlie, only if I have his passport, they were punishing a few animals with Henry while I did the visas.

It would seem Red Leg's solution for a quick visa would be the wisest, least expensive, least complicated and most expiditious to me.

Thank you Phil. This type information will likely help sell this hunt.

dam simon this is just the kind of deal I would love to do for a sable and wait for it BUSHPIG lol I would even make you breakfast each morning for this deal. I wish I had the funds and time but to short notice for me. I hope someone can take you up on this great offer

IMG-20130830-00155.jpg

I could be mistaken but wasn't there just a hunting party killed in Moz? If that is correct, I'm assuming you aren't near where this stuff is going on, Simon?

@Albert GRANT , there was no hunting party killed in Mozambique. There was an attack over a 1000 miles from my area. It happened down in the Delta and the government took swift and major action.

If you look at it in context, 49 people are murdered per day in South Africa.

Last edited:
@Albert GRANT , there was no hunting party killed in Mozambique. There was an attack over a 1000 miles from my area. It happened down in the Delta and the government took swift and major action.

If you look at it in context, 49 people are murdered per day in South Africa.
Ok fair enough. What I heard was incorrect then. I would love to go to Moz. Had just heard that it was a little unstable at the moment

Super deal!

Sucks that our currency is soo crap!

Would love to do this.

Dang it Simon, you're killing me man! Why do you guys always post killer deals like this when I'm out of vacation time?!?!? :)LOL. And I just booked a SA sable hunt a few weeks ago for 2017, but I'd much rather hunt a wild one in Moz...just my luck.
I guess I need to save a few weeks vacation next year to take advantage of hunts like this.

Good luck selling!!(y)

Ok fair enough. What I heard was incorrect then. I would love to go to Moz. Had just heard that it was a little unstable at the moment
Everything is relative - I am hunting the delta next year - but I am not going to Chicago. :-)

@TMS
Simon - I would double check the flight schedule out of Maputo to Lichinga. My flight was originally the early morning flight but LAM changed the schedule and it is now afternoon (leave Maputo at 12:10 pm and arrive 5:15 pm into Lichinga) - at least for 10/24. Manuel is either going to drive us in to camp that night or we'll stay in Lichinga that night and drive the next morning. We'll figure it out when we arrive.

Your offer sounds fun, don't think Ann would want that kind of experience though!

Also, to all who are worried about Mozambique. I've been following the news since earlier this year and see no reason to change/cancel our trip. The problems as Simon states are in the middle of the country. From Maputo to Lichinga you will be 30,000 feet in the air. I would rather take my risks there than going into some areas of the big cities in the U.S. these days.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DollyArons

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!