New member vetting

How would you vette any potential hunter who contacts you about going on a hunt? I'm sure a great deal of your business is done with hunters who are not on AH, so treat a member, especially a new one, the same way you would any other non member who calls to book a hunt.

If this is something for a documentary or hunting show, ask for references or samples of their work on other hunts they've done. Trust your instincts.

If filming for a documentary it would for me be a hard pass. Everything that can be said on the subject is already said.

Why take the change. Only if it would be a known hunter I would take the risk.

If your instincts are yelling and you have to talk yourself into something...there's your answer.

When a 50% deposit has cleared and is in your account then you can trust them.

What is the proper way to vette a new member? New member, no previous posts. Could be a lot of money involved. Possibility of bad publicity for hunting.

I am very uncomfortable, but want to be fair.

Lon
Something we said a lot in the prison system, and especially when we were training new officers was, "If something feels wrong, it probably is."

I remember "The Guns of Autumn" a 1975 made for TV "documentary" with Dan Rather that was nothing but a hit piece made to make all hunters look like unethical slobs with a desire to cause animals pain.

When a 50% deposit has cleared and is in your account then you can trust them.
But can you tho?
I don't think its a far reach for an anti-hunting group to fund a "hunter" and cameraman to go film an elephant hunt and then post the whole "tramatic, dramatic affair" as negatively as possible to be used as anti hunting fodder around the world......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholBald

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available