New Member from Arkansas, Planning for 2025 Hunt, and Beyond.

Buckums

Reaction score
Hunted
United States, Canada
Hello all! Life long hunter with dreams of hunting Africa since I was a boy. I've hunted all kinds of critters all over NA but now my dream to hunt Africa is finally coming true in July of next year. I am so glad that I found this site. There is a massive wealth of information here and I hope to be able to add some value at some point, but for now, I am a complete noob when it comes to hunting Africa and I am looking to learn as much as possible in preparation for my hunt next year. Thanks!!

Welcome from a fellow Arkansan! Feel free to reach out with any questions. I've been once, but planning second trip over. It's addicting....

Good day! Welcome to AH! Glad you're going to live the dream! Enjoy the planning and countdown!
Best regards
Johan

:S Welcome:

Welcome from just across the border from SE Oklahoma. Went on my first trip this May you're gonna love it. Where you headed to in Africa and what do you plan on hunting when you get there?

P.S. Nice muley in your avatar!

Welcome welcome welcome

Greetings from another (NW) Arkansan!

Thanks! I will be hunting the Luangwa Valley. My target species are: Buffalo and PG. Now I need a rifle! I don't have anything large now. 300WM is my first love but understandably not quite up to the task on buff. I am in the early days here, and I am still doing my research (primarily on this forum) but I am strongly leaning towards a 375 H&H right now to handle that task.

Welcome! The Luangwa Valley is one of the best areas I’ve hunted. A good 375 H&H will serve you well.

Welcome to AH

Welcome! Lots of great outfitter sponsors here to choose from. If you see an outfitter that interests you, use the search function and read lots of AH member hunt reports. Best way to find a good hunt. Warning though, it’s like being a kid in a candy shop.

Welcome! Thanks for joining the rest of us here!!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! I’m also located in Arkansas. I’ve been over to Africa twice and I’d be glad to share info. Send me a PM any time if you have questions.

Good luck. Many of us have been over and hunted Africa. If you have any questions or need outfitter recommendations, please let us know.
I'm just over here near Nashville, TN so welcome neighbor!

And Go Big Orange! We can be enemies this weekend ;)

Welcome! You need to get busy. Book your travel reservations with Travel Express (a sponsor here) or Gracey Travel. I think Emirates (United Partner) and Qatar (American Airlines partner) are going to be your 2 best options. Fly from DFW. Neither Delta nor any of its partners has a flight that terminates in Lusaka.

You also need to get busy buying a rifle so you can find a good load and then practice with it.

Time really is a lot shorter than you think. 9 months will get here a lot sooner than you realize, though not as fast as you're hoping for.

Welcome to AH from Grahamstown, South Africa.
Good to hear you're heading to Africa to hunt!
Enjoy the planning and preparations.
Glad to have you here!
Cheers,
Marius

Welcome! You need to get busy. Book your travel reservations with Travel Express (a sponsor here) or Gracey Travel. I think Emirates (United Partner) and Qatar (American Airlines partner) are going to be your 2 best options. Fly from DFW. Neither Delta nor any of its partners has a flight that terminates in Lusaka.

You also need to get busy buying a rifle so you can find a good load and then practice with it.

Time really is a lot shorter than you think. 9 months will get here a lot sooner than you realize, though not as fast as you're hoping for.
Thanks. I know time is getting short on me.! My hunting partner has been there a few times and we are using his outfitter/PH and i believe we are going through Gracey. I'm seeing here that finding an appropriate rifle could be more difficult than I expected, and concerning since I know I need to start shooting asap. Probably not the place for this (admins pls delete if necessary) but any leads greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathyCrum

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?