New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

Anyone have a stock maker “remodel “ an original 77 to g&h style?or a cz American 550? I have refinished several stocks but haven’t tried a reshape before and my hands won’t let me do that anymore
Try Roger Renner, rjrenner.com.

Yes
Lipseys is offering the 22 Hornet African, later this year we hope
Sports South will be offering 300 win mag and 338 win mag in the African model later this year I hope to see. Ruger is running behind on production and getting them released from what I have been told by distributors

I was checking Ruger's website today and saw they added a 257 Roberts as a sports south exclusive in the standard model (blued with walnut no sights) that should be a pretty popular model as well! I think next year will be the year of the .25 calibers.

I was new to the Lipsey’s Exclusive Hawkeye this year with the 35 Whelen. Being a 9.3x62 fan I’ve been on the lookout for one of the 2019s ever since learning about them. I was lucky enough to find and purchase one recently.

I was surprised that the 35 Whelen version has a noticeably thicker barrel profile than the 9.3x62. The 35 also has two crossbolts vice the one on the 9.3x62. I have not weighed them to see what the difference is.

IMG_4466.jpeg

IMG_4469.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg

Lipsey's really knows what the public wants with their special builds. I have a Lipsey's No 1 stainless/walnut in .35 Whelen. I love it.

In the picture above, my OCD is triggered.... It's a shame Ruger can't take the time to "clock" the cross bolt screw heads.

Great looking rifles, regardless.

Ed Z

Lipsey's really knows what the public wants with their special builds. I have a Lipsey's No 1 stainless/walnut in .35 Whelen. I love it.

In the picture above, my OCD is triggered.... It's a shame Ruger can't take the time to "clock" the cross bolt screw heads.

Ed Z
I bought a 300 WM African earlier this year, in the included paperwork was a reminder to check the torque on the screws.

included paperwork was a reminder to check the torque on the screws.
That's good advice! My buddy was on safari and the crossbolt screws loosened and fell off on his .458 Lott (not a Ruger). Definitely a good place for some red Loctite.

Ed

i always liked the 35 whelen cartige and first got a custom 98 mauser and then a ruger # 1 and lastly a remington CDL 700. last fall i shot a buck and a doe with the remington 700 and they were instance kills with sierra 225 gr SBT at 2600 fps with varget. as both shots were in heavy brush at fairly close range no more speed was needed or wanted.

That’s the di

Ed Z
fference between manufacturing and craftsmanship. Businesses are more interested if they can do it faster not better.

I was new to the Lipsey’s Exclusive Hawkeye this year with the 35 Whelen. Being a 9.3x62 fan I’ve been on the lookout for one of the 2019s ever since learning about them. I was lucky enough to find and purchase one recently.

I was surprised that the 35 Whelen version has a noticeably thicker barrel profile than the 9.3x62. The 35 also has two crossbolts vice the one on the 9.3x62. I have not weighed them to see what the difference is.

View attachment 607685
View attachment 607686View attachment 607687
I like the heavier barrel and suspect that it will perhaps shoot better with it.

That's good advice! My buddy was on safari and the crossbolt screws loosened and fell off on his .458 Lott (not a Ruger). Definitely a good place for some red Loctite.

Ed
Strongly disagree. Never ever Red Loctite on a screw you may need to remove some day without propane heat.

Ed Z
Yes, other than quantity. They sell out of them too quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m88gold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm