New Lipseys M77 .35 Whelen

Yes
Lipseys is offering the 22 Hornet African, later this year we hope
Sports South will be offering 300 win mag and 338 win mag in the African model later this year I hope to see. Ruger is running behind on production and getting them released from what I have been told by distributors

I was checking Ruger's website today and saw they added a 257 Roberts as a sports south exclusive in the standard model (blued with walnut no sights) that should be a pretty popular model as well! I think next year will be the year of the .25 calibers.

I was new to the Lipsey’s Exclusive Hawkeye this year with the 35 Whelen. Being a 9.3x62 fan I’ve been on the lookout for one of the 2019s ever since learning about them. I was lucky enough to find and purchase one recently.

I was surprised that the 35 Whelen version has a noticeably thicker barrel profile than the 9.3x62. The 35 also has two crossbolts vice the one on the 9.3x62. I have not weighed them to see what the difference is.

IMG_4466.jpeg

IMG_4469.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg

Lipsey's really knows what the public wants with their special builds. I have a Lipsey's No 1 stainless/walnut in .35 Whelen. I love it.

In the picture above, my OCD is triggered.... It's a shame Ruger can't take the time to "clock" the cross bolt screw heads.

Great looking rifles, regardless.

Ed Z

Lipsey's really knows what the public wants with their special builds. I have a Lipsey's No 1 stainless/walnut in .35 Whelen. I love it.

In the picture above, my OCD is triggered.... It's a shame Ruger can't take the time to "clock" the cross bolt screw heads.

Ed Z
I bought a 300 WM African earlier this year, in the included paperwork was a reminder to check the torque on the screws.

i always liked the 35 whelen cartige and first got a custom 98 mauser and then a ruger # 1 and lastly a remington CDL 700. last fall i shot a buck and a doe with the remington 700 and they were instance kills with sierra 225 gr SBT at 2600 fps with varget. as both shots were in heavy brush at fairly close range no more speed was needed or wanted.

That’s the di

Ed Z
fference between manufacturing and craftsmanship. Businesses are more interested if they can do it faster not better.

I was new to the Lipsey’s Exclusive Hawkeye this year with the 35 Whelen. Being a 9.3x62 fan I’ve been on the lookout for one of the 2019s ever since learning about them. I was lucky enough to find and purchase one recently.

I was surprised that the 35 Whelen version has a noticeably thicker barrel profile than the 9.3x62. The 35 also has two crossbolts vice the one on the 9.3x62. I have not weighed them to see what the difference is.

View attachment 607685
View attachment 607686View attachment 607687
I like the heavier barrel and suspect that it will perhaps shoot better with it.

That's good advice! My buddy was on safari and the crossbolt screws loosened and fell off on his .458 Lott (not a Ruger). Definitely a good place for some red Loctite.

Ed
Strongly disagree. Never ever Red Loctite on a screw you may need to remove some day without propane heat.

Ed Z
Yes, other than quantity. They sell out of them too quickly.

I like the heavier barrel and suspect that it will perhaps shoot better with it.
My thoughts too, but surprisingly the 9.3x62 I have is extremely accurate. Once the barrel started getting hot it wants to "walk" a little, but here is a group from the same Lipseys African rifle mentioned above, shooting factory Federal Premium 286 gr Barnes triple shocks (see red circle at the top target, 1" dot at 100 yards).
thumbnail_IMG_8789.jpg

my remington 700 CDL in 35 whelen shoots groups like that with the sierra 225 gr spbt and a healty load of varget. i shot two white tails last year(a buck&doe) and they didn,t go 5 feet. for heavier game i use a speer hot core 250 gr also useing varget.

I was checking Ruger's website today and saw they added a 257 Roberts as a sports south exclusive in the standard model (blued with walnut no sights) that should be a pretty popular model as well! I think next year will be the year of the .25 calibers.
@Kenbo
Every year should be a 25 cal year. It's a great calibre. It's everything the 243 wanted to be but could never match the 25. Dang even the little 250 Savage is far better that the other horrible little round
Bob

@Kenbo
Every year should be a 25 cal year. It's a great calibre. It's everything the 243 wanted to be but could never match the 25. Dang even the little 250 Savage is far better that the other horrible little round
Bob
I share your affinity for the .35 caliber cartridges, BUT the .25 cal's are the slightly addled redheaded step-child that watches goldfish swim in a bowl while the other kids are out playing baseball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jw3032

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at Kramer-jack@comcast.net or call my cell number 717-660-7421.
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]