Namibia To Lose N$260m Over Uk’s Anti-trophy Hunting Bill

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Namibia stands to lose more than N$260 million annually in potential revenue from the hunting industry due to the decision by the United Kingdom’s ruling Labour Party to implement an anti-trophy hunting bill.

In 2022 the minister of environment, forestry, and tourism Pohamba Shifeta said the banning of hunting trophy imports by the United Kingdom (UK), Belgium, and Finland may have negative consequences for Namibia and its wildlife.

“We understand their intention is to protect animal species hunted in Namibia and other African countries – an intention that is shared by the Namibian government,” he said.

Shifeta at the time said Namibia’s wildlife population generates 13,6 million euros (about N$260 million) in annual hunting revenue and employs more than 6,000 people in rural areas.

Namibia plans to take on the new UK government on its stance on the anti-trophy hunting bill and the immigration laws the Conservative Party has previously enforced.

Continue...

Screenshot_5.jpg

Namibia stands to lose more than N$260 million annually in potential revenue from the hunting industry due to the decision by the United Kingdom’s ruling Labour Party to implement an anti-trophy hunting bill.

In 2022 the minister of environment, forestry, and tourism Pohamba Shifeta said the banning of hunting trophy imports by the United Kingdom (UK), Belgium, and Finland may have negative consequences for Namibia and its wildlife.

“We understand their intention is to protect animal species hunted in Namibia and other African countries – an intention that is shared by the Namibian government,” he said.

Shifeta at the time said Namibia’s wildlife population generates 13,6 million euros (about N$260 million) in annual hunting revenue and employs more than 6,000 people in rural areas.

Namibia plans to take on the new UK government on its stance on the anti-trophy hunting bill and the immigration laws the Conservative Party has previously enforced.

Continue...

View attachment 620511
The US is bad, the UK is worse. the Loony Left knows no limits when it comes to telling other people how to manage their wildlife.

This had been on the cards for a number of years here, the outgoing right wing government almost got the ban over the line but ran out of parliamentary time. This labour government have pledged it in their manifesto but have not brought it forward for their first year legislation plans, but no doubt will further down the line. The current labour environment minister wants to ban the import of cites annexe i and ii species, but who knows how this will pan out and whether it’s a complete ban on all importation.

Ironically, there is no plan to ban the export of hunting trophies sourced from within the UK!

Our own genius politicians here in Canada recently banned all imports of ivory from legally hunted elephants. They preach anti colonialism, yet won’t believe that stable African democracies know how to manage their own wildlife…

To be honest it just makes me want try elephant hunting even more!

The blinkered approach of our UK politicians is unbelievable. I am embarrassed that they are taking such a neocolonialist attitude to an issue that they quite simply know nothing about.

But as I saw no mention of the ban in The Kings speech this year so not on the list at least for one more year . And the new pm in uk he comes from a Hunter family and wardens , but seems like he has
Forgotten it…

I remember seeing a picture that hit the nail on the head.
If I can remember it showed a bunch of Africans sitting around a campfire and the caption read. “A group of African tribal leaders meat to discuss the United States management of whitetail deer” most people think this would be ridiculous but it’s exactly what western countries are doing to independent African countries.

But as I saw no mention of the ban in The Kings speech this year so not on the list at least for one more year . And the new pm in uk he comes from a Hunter family and wardens , but seems like he has
Forgotten it…
Unfortunately it was in the Labour manifesto but I hope it does get forgotten!

I appreciate there are a few threads on AH about this topic, here is a interesting short presentation on YT,

It ends by saying that local people / government should have the say on how they manage their own wildlife etc.

Sadly virtue signaling ARA, NGO's and celebrities still get far to much media air time on this.

Yes we have a new government in the UK, a proper left leaning one, yes the King's Speach made no special mention of this, but it won't stop a private members bill from being used, like I have said before, we have serious issues in the UK, but virtue signaling diverts attention from real problems.

I have said many a time our organisations must fight these lies, remember it is not just about our ability to hunt, but also about stopping our ability for gun ownership etc!!!

This had been on the cards for a number of years here, the outgoing right wing government almost got the ban over the line but ran out of parliamentary time. This labour government have pledged it in their manifesto but have not brought it forward for their first year legislation plans, but no doubt will further down the line. The current labour environment minister wants to ban the import of cites annexe i and ii species, but who knows how this will pan out and whether it’s a complete ban on all importation.
Labour isn't going to prioritize the bill, as the UK has more pressing issues (e.g. stagnant economy, health care infrastructure, defense, etc.) But they will definitely make a strong push for it at some point.

Ironically, there is no plan to ban the export of hunting trophies sourced from within the UK!

Of course, the hypocritical British politicians wouldn't want to hurt their own economy by banning trophy exports from their country.

The problem is, once one nation does it within Europe, others will follow. As others have said Germany is considering a ban on importing…..
Absolutely. Thankfully this is not a debate in Sweden but I dread the day the EU tries to pull some bs like this. Guess I'll just send any trophies to Norway and pick then up when that happens.

I fear that it will be my generation that is the last to experience hunting in wild places all over the world. Democrats (leftists) in many countries hate many things. Two of them being jokes and hunting.

I fear that it will be my generation that is the last to experience hunting in wild places all over the world. Democrats (leftists) in many countries hate many things. Two of them being jokes and hunting.
How old are you? I just turned 20 and am not really optimistic when it comes to the hunting opportunities my grandkids will have. I saved up and went on a hunt in South Africa last April and am really happy that I did because the way things are going that might not be as easy in a couple decades.

Great Britain is a perfect example of how people in "Developed" countries think that they have a right to control the policies of "Underdeveloped countries" simply because they "Know better".

Until the 1960s, they colonized much of Asia and Africa because they believed that they were superior to us. And after we ceased being their colonies, it turns out that we have gained "Independence" from them only in name.

They are still sticking their noses in our local affairs, such as trying to mandate what WE DO WITH OUR WILDLIFE. This time, on the grounds of “Wildlife Conservation“. These British politicians in their expensive bespoke suits and sitting their fat rears in their air conditioned offices, think that they know far more about wildlife management and conservation than the people like us who actually live there and work on the ground level. Absolutely disgusting.

It’s very easy telling people in poor countries how to manage their wildlife & economy when you yourself have a belly full of food.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richardtar

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt