Namibia To Lose N$260m Over Uk’s Anti-trophy Hunting Bill

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Namibia stands to lose more than N$260 million annually in potential revenue from the hunting industry due to the decision by the United Kingdom’s ruling Labour Party to implement an anti-trophy hunting bill.

In 2022 the minister of environment, forestry, and tourism Pohamba Shifeta said the banning of hunting trophy imports by the United Kingdom (UK), Belgium, and Finland may have negative consequences for Namibia and its wildlife.

“We understand their intention is to protect animal species hunted in Namibia and other African countries – an intention that is shared by the Namibian government,” he said.

Shifeta at the time said Namibia’s wildlife population generates 13,6 million euros (about N$260 million) in annual hunting revenue and employs more than 6,000 people in rural areas.

Namibia plans to take on the new UK government on its stance on the anti-trophy hunting bill and the immigration laws the Conservative Party has previously enforced.

Continue...

Screenshot_5.jpg

Namibia stands to lose more than N$260 million annually in potential revenue from the hunting industry due to the decision by the United Kingdom’s ruling Labour Party to implement an anti-trophy hunting bill.

In 2022 the minister of environment, forestry, and tourism Pohamba Shifeta said the banning of hunting trophy imports by the United Kingdom (UK), Belgium, and Finland may have negative consequences for Namibia and its wildlife.

“We understand their intention is to protect animal species hunted in Namibia and other African countries – an intention that is shared by the Namibian government,” he said.

Shifeta at the time said Namibia’s wildlife population generates 13,6 million euros (about N$260 million) in annual hunting revenue and employs more than 6,000 people in rural areas.

Namibia plans to take on the new UK government on its stance on the anti-trophy hunting bill and the immigration laws the Conservative Party has previously enforced.

Continue...

View attachment 620511
The US is bad, the UK is worse. the Loony Left knows no limits when it comes to telling other people how to manage their wildlife.

This had been on the cards for a number of years here, the outgoing right wing government almost got the ban over the line but ran out of parliamentary time. This labour government have pledged it in their manifesto but have not brought it forward for their first year legislation plans, but no doubt will further down the line. The current labour environment minister wants to ban the import of cites annexe i and ii species, but who knows how this will pan out and whether it’s a complete ban on all importation.

Ironically, there is no plan to ban the export of hunting trophies sourced from within the UK!

Our own genius politicians here in Canada recently banned all imports of ivory from legally hunted elephants. They preach anti colonialism, yet won’t believe that stable African democracies know how to manage their own wildlife…

To be honest it just makes me want try elephant hunting even more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XFRSylvia7

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg