NAMIBIA: My Hunt With Frontier Safaris (Barry Burchell Property)

Nothing like being a hostage to incompetence. After days of hunting they magically become aware that there are no hunting licenses!? :rolleyes:

If Velo had not shared a post with a similar odorous hint about this guy I would have some serious doubt that this debacle was not a fiction.
In this case, life can and obviously was beyond what I could imagine.

These guys would be done and dusted.

I'm glad you didn't call me a liar, my mother didn't raise liars

But I do see how it can look that way, might have to talk to some Hollywood producers, maybe sell my story and get some funds back

Day 6, was a slow day, we went to many vantage points and glassed.
Uneventful day but I was hunting. I love hunting.

Day 7, I hunted hard and finally connected on my kudu, it was a long shot up a mountain and in brush. I'm very happy with my kudu, 47 inch nice curls, perfect for me! When I shot I knew it was a good hit, felt very comfortable with the shot,
After my shot my ph said I missed, I looked up and seen a bull running away, I said to my ph, I know it was a good shot. We went up the mountain to check it out, found blood right away, then found my kudu laying about 30 yards away. There was two kudus together but didn't know!

Day 8, after complaint to the camp manager about my female kills, I was told I could go after another blue wildebeest, the blue I already had was done tho, no trophy nothing for me, I agreed cuz i wanted a bull, my sister joined on this hunt,
We stalked the spoor for about 2 hours, then my ph told my sister to stay where she was as we went closer, she did make lot of noise!
We got close to the herd, and my ph picked out the bull, I agreed on him. Took the shot,he jumped like Michael Jordan! Ran off and died about 50 yards,
When I shot the others took off like stampede right towards where my sister was at, she was freaked out hiding behind a small mopane tree!
They ran around her, she wasn't hurt!, I think She had to change her pants though!

Day 9, we hunted hard all morning, nothing happening, we headed back to camp for lunch, the tracker spotted a few red hartebeest, I was expecting the spot and stalk was on, my ph said no, they will still be there later, lets go get lunch, I reluctantly said ok.
We had lunch and all I could think about was the hartebeest. We did go back to where they were, the ph was good at tracking finding them. We found them after a few hours, ph picked one out to shoot, around 200 yards shot.
I was happy with the shot, it went down immediately. When we went up to collect it, I heard the same thing I've heard before, sorry a female, small red hartebeest.
I'm not good at judging trophies, trusted his judgement again

I can't wait until we get to the tipping part.

Day 10, we hunted hard , the tracker spotted Hartman mountain zebra, we were chasing the zebra all the trip. This was my most sought after trophy. When we put the stalk on, I was confident in my ph, when we finally had a shot at the zebra, my ph said not that one, there's a bigger one behind, wait a bit, I waited, then the zebra showed himself. I put a good shot on him and he was down, beautiful Hartmann's zebra, nice big stallion

I was confident in my ph,

Seriously?! So is it fair to assume you changed PHs by this time?

You are far more charitable than I would ever be.

I did collect a few nice trophies on this hunt, bad times yes, but I was very happy to hunt Africa,
I will not give a good review of Barry burchell. He was terrible

Last edited by a moderator:
We never made it to the south property, we lost a day for the license crap, so we stayed where we were at
In the north camp, as nobody was filling there quota. Myself and Tim, wanted a springbuck, we had two on our quotas.
Barry said if you want springbuck it's at south camp
We weren't able to go because of the license fiasco. The neighbor farm had springboks, 300$, Barry said n

Seriously?! So is it fair to assume you changed PHs by this time?

You are far more charitable than I would ever be.

I was on a 10 day hunt, I had to trust this guy, I couldn't just leave!

All done hunting.
I left tips for allcamp staff, the tracker and skinner, I gave nothing to the camp manager, my ph got some camo pants

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope Tim continues this thread with his hunt.

Do you have pictures of your animals?

Yes on my sisters camera. I'll try to show them

I can't wait until we get to the tipping part.

Suggested Tips:
1. Go back to PH School.
2. Get help for your drinking problem.

Sounds like a very poor job on their part but at least it doesn't sound like a total waste. Sounds like you got a really nice Kudu and zebra. Can you recap what you actually ended up taking?

Being my first hunt, I just accepted everything that happened

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StewartGil

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]