Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
After over a year’s wait, I finally received the phone call from the gun store and promptly made my way to pick up my new rifle.

I’m quite happy with it and cannot wait to take it out for a walk.

It's a three-barrel set: 5.6x50R (basically a rimmed 223), 30R Blaser (rimmed 30cal cartridge, ballistically somewhat like the 300H&H) as well as 9.3x74R.

In addition, the barrels fit my synthetic K95 Ultimate receiver so I can swap between the two stocks and also have the other rifle’s 8x57JRS barrel to play with.

The stock is Blaser’s grade 7 with ebony wood forend and what they call super finish - hand rubbed oil finish with sealed pores.

Image1658673459.281435.jpg

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

What a glorious stalking rifle. Congratulations to you. I really like the tiger stripe timber.

Is the barrel pictured in the top 2 photos threaded?

Yes, it’s threaded, chances are moderator use will be permitted over here soon so I ordered all barrels factory threaded. At the moment moderators are only allowed for sanitary pig control due to the spread of African swine flu but further easing of restrictions is anticipated/hoped for.

A beautiful rifle, what will you add optics wise?

What a glorious stalking rifle. Congratulations to you. I really like the tiger stripe timber.

Is the barrel pictured in the top 2 photos threaded?

Actually on modern rifles, even the classic looking ones, I am not against having the barrel threaded and then a cap on it. As long as it is done properly (and Blaser’s is among the best rendition) It just gives that rifle an additional functionality.

Optics wise I’m not 100% sure yet. For the 9.3 barrel I would ideally want a Leica Visus 2.5-10x42, only problem is they’ve been discontinued and I can’t find one anywhere. I’ve got 1-4 Visus on my double and they are a great little scope. Most modern scopes are huge and heavy, and to me don’t really suit a light kipplauf. If I don’t find the Leica I might go with a Leupold 2-10x42 VX5 or 2-12x42 VX6. My synthetic 8x57JRS K95 wears a 1.7-13.3x42 Swaro glass, once I run out of ammo and projectiles for it I will “retire” the barrel. I was planning to sell the rifle but since the barrels are interchangeable between the receivers I’ll keep it for the rougher conditions and save the wooden stock. So the Swaro scope will most likely end up on the 5.6x50R barrel. For the 30R Blaser I’m thinking something bigger, maybe 3.5-28x50 Swaro Z8i for the longer-range mountain shots.

Beautiful. What is the weight with the 30 cal barrel?

Beautiful. What is the weight with the 30 cal barrel?

IMG_5184.JPG

2681grams or 5lbs 14.55oz

And same barrel on the plastic stock

IMG_5182.JPG

2643grams or 5lbs 13.25oz

Beautiful. They do make a nice looking Kipplauf. I had one on order for 18 months, before I got fed up with them exceeding their delivery time by a year. I'd gone for 7x57r and a 6.5prc barrel.
Ended up with a rather beautiful Krieghoff Hubertus in 7x65r instead. A little heavier but stunningly built.

After over a year’s wait, I finally received the phone call from the gun store and promptly made my way to pick up my new rifle.

I’m quite happy with it and cannot wait to take it out for a walk.

It's a three-barrel set: 5.6x50R (basically a rimmed 223), 30R Blaser (rimmed 30cal cartridge, ballistically somewhat like the 300H&H) as well as 9.3x74R.

In addition, the barrels fit my synthetic K95 Ultimate receiver so I can swap between the two stocks and also have the other rifle’s 8x57JRS barrel to play with.

The stock is Blaser’s grade 7 with ebony wood forend and what they call super finish - hand rubbed oil finish with sealed pores.

View attachment 479027
View attachment 479028
View attachment 479029

Congratulations my Friend. This is beautiful... :love:
Very wise choice of calibers, I may add :)
You can even squeeze a 7x65R in the line-up in the future, to bridge the gap between 5.6x50R and 30R Blaser :E Rofl:

Beautiful. They do make a nice looking Kipplauf. I had one on order for 18 months, before I got fed up with them exceeding their delivery time by a year. I'd gone for 7x57r and a 6.5prc barrel.
Ended up with a rather beautiful Krieghoff Hubertus in 7x65r instead. A little heavier but stunningly built.

I got more lucky with the delivery time but I was told 6-9 months, and it turned out to be 13 months.

I handled the Hubertus rifle at the Krieghoff factory when I was ordering my double (also delayed by several months). They are indeed a beautiful rifle.

Congratulations my Friend. This is beautiful... :love:
Very wise choice of calibers, I may add :)
You can even squeeze a 7x65R in the line-up in the future, to bridge the gap between 5.6x50R and 30R Blaser :E Rofl:

I was actually battling between 30R Blaser and 7x65R, in the end I settled on 30R because I load for 308 already and so I can limit my stock of projectiles. At the moment it’s 224, 30, 8mm 9.3mm, 9.5mm (375), 416, and 470 and that’s just rifles. Really don’t need any more but time will tell what happens. Many rifles ago I bought an R8 and honestly thought that was gonna be my last rifle, yeah right.

I got more lucky with the delivery time but I was told 6-9 months, and it turned out to be 13 months.

I handled the Hubertus rifle at the Krieghoff factory when I was ordering my double (also delayed by several months). They are indeed a beautiful rifle.
It’s a fantastic experience at the krieghoff factory isn’t it! Lovely people. Mine was bang on for the delivery date except that Emirates took it off three different flights and it missed my whitetail and sambar hunts.. still it gives me a little while to get it load developed before next roar.
which double did you get?

It’s a fantastic experience at the krieghoff factory isn’t it! Lovely people. Mine was bang on for the delivery date except that Emirates took it off three different flights and it missed my whitetail and sambar hunts.. still it gives me a little while to get it load developed before next roar.
which double did you get?

I got one with two barrel sets - 470NE and 9.3x74R

Where about do you chase Sambar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuldaCash

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg