Lockable ammo container

For 13 bucks, I would just leave it with the PH and not even bother bringing it back home.

What would they do with it unless they plan to travel? And if they do plan to travel I am sure that they just may have one or what they need already.

(1) I have my name and cell number engraved on my case +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

(2) It is against US federal law to bribe a foreign official. It’s best to have your tip money in smaller bills and in new condition.

(3) I have had Airlink require the Ammo box inside my check bag and the ammo box checked separately. There are no hard rules in Africa.

Thanks all. I am not up with current TSA rules. My last trip too Africa was in 2013. At that time ammo had to be in a locked container inside a checked bag. At that time you could include any item in your gun case. I am going on a grizzly hunt to Alaska from Texas in May. I planned to add shooting sticks and sleeping bag in gun case but it looks like that will not be possible. Think they would believe the sleeping bag was being used as shooting pad? I assume the regulations are to insure x-rays are not confused with other metal objects. The zipper on the bag may be pushing the limit! Hahaha

**I'm selling the new fool's gold-plated, additionally checked ammunition box locks specified by the International Safari Transportation Association, Ltd/LLC/Gmbh of the Milky Way Galaxy! AHF Special: 100 of any First World Country currency for 1 lock. 2nd lock on 250 ea. (Pricing is double for 6.5 Needmore) PM me for details. You NEED this specific lock. I read it on the internet....
Any chance for a discount (not a bribe) for AH members?

Out of curiosity I stopped at Harbor Freight yesterday and checked out the Pelican knock-offs. They are cheap but sturdy. I bought an 1800 series that is an excellent fit for 4 boxes .404 and 4 boxes .375 - but that's over the 11 lb. limit. I also bought a couple larger cases (# 2800 - orange and tan) that are same size as the Pelican 1400. I discovered that the small 1800 case fits neatly inside the 2800 with room for cleaning kit, knives, slings, etc. The small case - $12.97, the larger cases- $29.99.
I don't know? I measured the Apache 1800 at HF and it's almost too small length wise for a box of my Federal .338WM. I bought the 2800 series. Heavy at 3.87lbs., but can fit several boxes of ammo and I can use it another time for carrying my pistol on domestic flights. The 1800 wouldn't fit my Glock 22, at least by much.

I'm confused, why are so many of you worried about taking 6 boxes of ammo to Africa? How many animals do you intend to shoot? Three boxes is plenty, then leave the extra and the ammo case with your PH.

I don't know? I measured the Apache 1800 at HF and it's almost too small length wise for a box of my Federal .338WM. I bought the 2800 series. Heavy at 3.87lbs., but can fit several boxes of ammo and I can use it another time for carrying my pistol on domestic flights. The 1800 wouldn't fit my Glock 22, at least by much.
The size of factory cartridge boxes varies. The Hornady .404J boxes I have are a bit too big to fit the 1800. I repacked the cartridges in RWS boxes and they fit perfectly. I'll put my .375s in a slip top box that fits alongside the factory boxes.

I'm confused, why are so many of you worried about taking 6 boxes of ammo to Africa? How many animals do you intend to shoot? Three boxes is plenty, then leave the extra and the ammo case with your PH.
John - I'm going on a 21 day, multiple buff and general bag hunt with two rifles. I am a believer in the old saying..."Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." According to my calculations I get to tote 5 boxes of ammo, and I'll gift any remaining at hunt's end to my PH. I know you know how much .404 brass is going for now. Thankfully, I have plenty.

I’m like Nevada Mike.
I have a 21 day safari going between 3 different camps this year. I am taking 2 rifles and the max amount of ammo I can.
With Buff Bull/Cow combo and plains game with some culling also mixed in.
I already know will need to check rifles upon arrival at each camp. Ph always wants to just in case.

Last trip in 2021 was 21 days also. I went thru 11 rounds of 458 Lott just checking zero and having to sight back in after a fall in the rocks which knocked scope off some. All in all on last trip I used 18 round of 458 Lott and 20 rounds of 375 HH between checking zero and 17 animals.

I will always pack the full weight limit in ammo.

I prefer the Pelican 1200 it holds all I need.

If you are going for a five day hunt it does not make much sense unless you are culling.

Lots of critters in multiple locations and countries over an extended trip.
12 live rounds left out of 140. Two rifles, two calibers.

IMG_1419_zpsbdee52e4.jpg

John - I'm going on a 21 day, multiple buff and general bag hunt with two rifles. I am a believer in the old saying..."Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." According to my calculations I get to tote 5 boxes of ammo, and I'll gift any remaining at hunt's end to my PH. I know you know how much .404 brass is going for now. Thankfully, I have plenty.
Mike,
I get it for a 21 day safari, but a 21 day safari is the exception. I too leave any leftover ammo with the PH. Heck in 2019 my wife and I left so much stuff (clothes, boots, scopes, etc.) in camp we only needed one bag to come home. Last time over we took 40 404 & 40 275 Rigby, and had plenty left over. I like packing light and coming home lighter of baggage and wallet. Yes I do understand the cost of not only brass, but any reloading components and even factory ammo, so as we discussed on the phone I buy in large quantities. Is there any such thing as "Reloading Components Anonymous"? I may need psychological help.

For what's its worth gentlemen my two cents...
I have used an... Eylar Tactical Hard Gun Case Water & Shock Proof with Foam TSA Approved 13.37 Inch 11.62 Inch 6 Inch with #80 rds. 375hh packed in #4- 20 rd. plastic slip top box using master locks. I packed it in my checked bag that I had used a tsa lock on from Newark to Jburg.SA and back no problems at all.
ammo case.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RademanFrancois

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt