Lion hunting SA

Where can you hunt a wild lion in RSA? I’ve never really researched lion hunts but have seen adds for them and most say not exportable to the US, I assume they are captive bred but the ones I’ve seen that were exportable to the US were in the Kruger area. Curiosity is getting to me. Thanks
to my knowledge no such thing as a wild lion hunt in SA but as i stated i loved my experience on my lion hunt in SA

@Rare Breed I agree with you!
Last October I hunted two lionesses by tracking. It was quite an experience!

If tracking a CBL lion isn't for others, then fine. I however like stalking game, especially that which can quickly start stalking the hunter!

Here's my hunt report;
absolutely thoroughly enjoyed your hunt report with a similar experience. tracking is my favorite way to hunt!

I'm pretty sure you will have to leave your trophy with your outfitter.

I'd love to hunt lion, but only when they are wild and importable into the U.S.A.

Thanks to the Cecil ordeal and Obama...

Kind of like, we put this MGM lion out in the Kalahari 3 months ago . He’s eaten $20K worth of plains game trophy fees already but you can shoot him for $7K. Self delusion is a wonderful thing .
Yes!
The PH is lying.
The client knows that he's lying.
But everyone is happy because the PH gets his money, and the client gets to tell all of his friends back home how he killed this ravaging rouge lion

Probably said this before, if everyone is honest and up front with what is going on a CBL hunt is ok but not my cup of tea. I’m in the camp of not criticizing any legal hunt, we have enough trouble as hunters even though I do find some methods of legal hunting appalling. just my opinion

Having hunted a CBL in the Kalahari, and having been on two more hunts for them that same week with my hunting partner, I can say that it is a very exciting, fun hunt. These lions had been roaming the property for over a month. They were hunting their own game on the property, and were far from tame. We tracked them on foot, and it was honestly one of the best hunting experiences I've had so far. I've shot several buffalo, a Tuskless Elephant and many head of PG, and the lion hunt was right up there as far as the experience is concerned. We hunted on several thousand acres of land, and I didn't feel at all like I was shooting fish in a barrel. Your mileage may vary, but if done correctly, it's a fun hunt.

Last edited:
The old, "A rogue lion just jumped the fence from Kruger" and is on my property :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
They didn’t jump the fence from Kruger because the ground was too hard. The “rouge lions from Botswana” always crossed into very nice Sandy properties best for tracking.

Having hunting a CBL in the Kalahari, and having been on two more hunts for them that same week with my hunting partner, I can say that it is a very exciting, fun hunt. These lions had been roaming the property for over a month. They were hunting their own game on the property, and were far from tame. We tracked them on foot, and it was honestly one of the best hunting experiences I've had so far. I've shot several buffalo, a Tuskless Elephant and many head of PG, and the lion hunt was right up there as far as the experience is concerned. We hunted on several thousand acres of land, and I didn't feel at all like I was shooting fish in a barrel. Your mileage may vary, but if done correctly, it's a fun hunt.
If you put my Maine Coon out in the woods for a month he would be far from tame too. . I’ve hunted elephant and buffalo in Zim just like you. Regarding CBL, hunting ditch tigers is surely a fun hunt too , but slightly less pathetic. Probably why Rowland Ward and SCI don’t support the practice .

Btw , I have nothing against Wild Lion hunting . They are actually overpopulated in some areas (like the BVC) . I wouldn’t mind taking a problem lioness ( if available ) there if I hunt buff there in the future

Having hunted a CBL in the Kalahari, and having been on two more hunts for them that same week with my hunting partner, I can say that it is a very exciting, fun hunt. These lions had been roaming the property for over a month. They were hunting their own game on the property, and were far from tame. We tracked them on foot, and it was honestly one of the best hunting experiences I've had so far. I've shot several buffalo, a Tuskless Elephant and many head of PG, and the lion hunt was right up there as far as the experience is concerned. We hunted on several thousand acres of land, and I didn't feel at all like I was shooting fish in a barrel. Your mileage may vary, but if done correctly, it's a fun hunt.
I also agree, I had the same experience.
To each his own!

Ditch Tiger Hat

I love that hat only problem with it is the 22 LR and not a center fire cartridge. I may or may not have learned an improperly hit cat with only a 22 can run a long ways and someone might not be happy about it. Only 223 and up now . . . If that incident occurred . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vlonehoodie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with