Leopard Hunting Accident Involving Craig Boddington's Daughter

Envy is mortal sin as well. Good comment!

Mankind seems to always knock someone that’s successful:
- Comparison is the thief of joy TD Roosevelt
- Envy rots our bones (Proverbs 14:30)
- Envy causes disorder and every vile practice (James 3:16)
- Envy defiles a person (Mark 7:20-23)
I had to think on that quote of Roosevelt's. And I'm sure that's what he intended.

As to envy: I do not envy Boddington. Not at all. I would never be satisfied just being normal but celebrity status is not for me! Generally speaking, I don't have much use for the human race. Too destructive. Last thing in the world I would want is to be bothered by a phony bunch of suckass sycophants everywhere I went. What kind of a hunting experience involves dragging along a troupe of fanboys, camera crew, etc? Blech! My most memorable experiences hunting are countless solo ventures into the wilderness. Second last thing in the world I would want is to be in a financial position where some company can tell me how, when, and where I can hunt and with what equipment. Yeah, I took orders at the plant for my paycheck but when I walked out the gate I left behind taking orders, concrete, steel, and pollution. I could grab my gun and my dog, and head for the fields. Be myself for myself. No, I don't envy the influencer. In fact, I pity him. Being in the field/bush is about freedom from the obligations of humanity. Real freedom. Not playacting.

Last edited:
I had to think on that quote of Roosevelt's. And I'm sure that's what he intended.

As to envy: I do not envy Boddington. Not at all. I would never be satisfied just being normal but celebrity status is not for me! Generally speaking, I don't have much use for the human race. Too destructive. Last thing in the world I would want is to be bothered by a phony bunch of suckass sycophants everywhere I went. What kind of a hunting experience involves dragging along a troupe of fanboys, camera crew, etc? Blech! My most memorable experiences hunting are countless solo ventures into the wilderness. Second last thing in the world I would want is to be in a financial position where some company can tell me how, when, and where I can hunt and with what equipment. Yeah, I took orders at the plant for my paycheck but when I walked out the gate I left behind taking orders, concrete, steel, and pollution. I could grab my gun and my dog, and head for the fields. Be myself for myself. No, I don't envy the influencer. In fact, I pity him. Being in the field/bush is about freedom from the obligations of humanity. Real freedom. Not playacting.
Great post, I love your attitude!

Normally, a parent would not be responsible for an adult. However, my understanding is this was a filmed hunt for his business, therefore he is. I think the rub was, he was hawking underwear (T-shirts) to raise funds and that some folks took offense. Not sure why, his business did not have valid insurance coverage. As for selling his guns. His bankruptcy filing had only one (1) rifle that was not a 22 and it was a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 308 Win.

Normally, a parent would not be responsible for an adult. However, my understanding is this was a filmed hunt for his business, therefore he is. I think the rub was, he was hawking underwear (T-shirts) to raise funds and that some folks took offense. Not sure why, his business did not have valid insurance coverage. As for selling his guns. His bankruptcy filing had only one (1) rifle that was not a 22 and it was a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 308 Win.
Almost a .22 :D

Is he killing elephants with borrowed guns?

Ralph, I would expect a Marine to defend another Marine to the death.

I said a lot about him here, and I did call a few of his actions and bankruptcy "shady"

That said, I said all that I have to say so I won't comment any further

And as I said before, just giving you all my 2 Cents
Shakka, noticed that you’ve stated “I said all that I have to say…..” multiple times now - and in multiple posts. Your point has been made

I will say again if no tv show was involved then sanity would have prevailed and this incident would never have happened.....

They knew the cat would not tree....they saw how he decided to take on the pack and injure an experienced pack of hounds as he took them on....yet they went in again, knowing this was where the cat decided to make his stand...instead of hanging back and sending the hounds in to their destiny...they followed close behind.....not what I would have recommended especially with a young inexperienced femal client....all for the sake of footage....

My 2c....yes I know I was not there and as mentioned before hindsight is a wonderfull thing....
Ivery, not only were You NOT there but are YOU an experienced “houndsman” and if so - how many Leopards have your dogs treed or put at bay? I’ve Never hunted a Leopard with Hounds but have experience with hounds on rabbits, Lynx, bobcat, and Cougar —- which means NOTHING….I know Nothing about hunting Leopard with Hounds, it’s a different kind of Cat. These men and Hounds did this for a living, “guessing” they know a little about it - and mistakes happened as they often do

Are you the hall monitor?
Good one Shakka !! - liking your posts a lot more Now, at least you have a sense of Humor… it’s always better when you can 2nd guess and Not take yourself too seriously.

Mankind seems to always knock someone that’s successful:
- Comparison is the thief of joy TD Roosevelt
- Envy rots our bones (Proverbs 14:30)
- Envy causes disorder and every vile practice (James 3:16)
- Envy defiles a person (Mark 7:20-23)
Tucketed, those are 4 of the most boring quotes I’ve ever read !!

Good one Shakka !! - liking your posts a lot more Now, at least you have a sense of Humor… it’s always better when you can 2nd guess and Not take yourself too seriously.
lol thanks for that my friend!! A lot of what we are saying is misinterpreted because of the written word....if we were all face to face I bet that we would all get along.

I never take myself too seriously, so I love your response!

Take Care!

lol thanks for that my friend!! A lot of what we are saying is misinterpreted because of the written word....if we were all face to face I bet that we would all get along.

I never take myself too seriously, so I love your response!

Take Care!

Yes, something to remember is we are all different and it is our common interest that brings us together here.

I've met a few Aussie AH members in person. People I would never have known otherwise.

@HankBuck, no problem what so ever! Whether it’s Elon Musk, Apple or whatever there always seems to be dislike. There are many reasons that we dislike famous or wealthy people but my belief is that we are envious of their success. Not that I am a fan of Boddington, it’s just this seems to be a common characteristic of us humans.

Ivery, not only were You NOT there but are YOU an experienced “houndsman” and if so - how many Leopards have your dogs treed or put at bay? I’ve Never hunted a Leopard with Hounds but have experience with hounds on rabbits, Lynx, bobcat, and Cougar —- which means NOTHING….I know Nothing about hunting Leopard with Hounds, it’s a different kind of Cat. These men and Hounds did this for a living, “guessing” they know a little about it - and mistakes happened as they often do
Ivery????
The only part you have correct is the capital NOTHING.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorcasGran

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?