Leopard Hunting Accident Involving Craig Boddington's Daughter

Ivery????
The only part you have correct is the capital NOTHING.....
IvW, sorry that I got your “name wrong” - that is a careless error on my part. Would You like to make that the Focus so that You can AVOID sharing you extensive Houndsman and Leopard Hunting-with-dogs experience? I criticized you post because it seemed unfair to form such a strong opinion on a situation where You - were Not present…. Have never experienced yourself….and don’t even have any PH - Hound/Leopard Hunting expertise. I also have ZERO experience with that type of Hound hunting and my other Hound Hunting experience - with Bobcat, Bear, Lynx, Cougar - do NOT Matter. Leopard is different. I know you are entitled to an opinion, it seemed harsh and judge mental considering you lack of experience in even a related area. Now, maybe I’m still wrong - but at least I got your “IvW” correct this time….so give me credit for that

IvW, sorry that I got your “name wrong” - that is a careless error on my part. Would You like to make that the Focus so that You can AVOID sharing you extensive Houndsman and Leopard Hunting-with-dogs experience? I criticized you post because it seemed unfair to form such a strong opinion on a situation where You - were Not present…. Have never experienced yourself….and don’t even have any PH - Hound/Leopard Hunting expertise. I also have ZERO experience with that type of Hound hunting and my other Hound Hunting experience - with Bobcat, Bear, Lynx, Cougar - do NOT Matter. Leopard is different. I know you are entitled to an opinion, it seemed harsh and judge mental considering you lack of experience in even a related area. Now, maybe I’m still wrong - but at least I got your “IvW” correct this time….so give me credit for that
WOW!!!

In each post I said I was not there....

Where did I ever mention I have extensive hound experience???

Bushpigs and hounds....plenty.....

Now nobody is entitled to an opinion?

I think I hunted more leopard than you hunted all bobcat, bear, lynx and cougar combined.....

I killed 7 in 2 years before I even qualified...

You dont know me you know jackshit about hunting leopard yet you judge and come to the conclusion "considering you lack of experience in even a related area"....

Well done on the IvW.....

Normally, a parent would not be responsible for an adult. However, my understanding is this was a filmed hunt for his business, therefore he is. I think the rub was, he was hawking underwear (T-shirts) to raise funds and that some folks took offense. Not sure why, his business did not have valid insurance coverage. As for selling his guns. His bankruptcy filing had only one (1) rifle that was not a 22 and it was a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 308 Win.
Interesting about his bankruptcy. Was it for him personally or his company? For liability reasons he surely was operating under a "limited liability" registered company? Typically, equipment bought for business purposes is written off for taxes. I would think the fancy guns he used for TV hunts were written off as a company business expense. But they don't appear as assets during bankruptcy? Risky business not declaring them. An audit of corporate tax records would expose him concealing assets. If it was a personal bankruptcy, I assume his gun collection escaped the auction hammer by suddenly becoming gifts to his daughter prior to filing. Legit maybe. Ethical not so much. I suppose it's possible he acquired guns personally and then rented them to the company (himself) for shows. If only the company went bankrupt, his guns were protected. Company could write the rent off but at much less tax advantage. But then there need not be any guns in the corporate assets inventory. At any rate, the meagre gun inventory listed as assets, whether personal or corporate, is very odd. Fishy might be a better word.

WOW!!!

I think I hunted more leopard than you hunted all bobcat, bear, lynx and cougar combined.....

You dont know me you know jackshit about hunting leopard yet you judge and come to the conclusion "considering you lack of experience in even a related area"....

You need to relax my friend...life is too short to get so worked up over nonsense

WOW!!!

IvW, dont get upset - sure you can have an opinion as we all do, mine is less critical of the people involved in this accident because I wasn’t there and never hunted Leopard with Hounds so while I might have an “opinion” it has No merit and certainly should not judge or criticize someone else. You feel differently - there’s room for that, don’t be thinned skinned as I kept my comments respectful and will continue to do so. I would love to see pictures of your Leopard(s) as I hope to get one someday - I think Cat hunting (any Cat) is my favorite hunt and a unique trophy

IvW, dont get upset - sure you can have an opinion as we all do, mine is less critical of the people involved in this accident because I wasn’t there and never hunted Leopard with Hounds so while I might have an “opinion” it has No merit and certainly should not judge or criticize someone else. You feel differently - there’s room for that, don’t be thinned skinned as I kept my comments respectful and will continue to do so. I would love to see pictures of your Leopard(s) as I hope to get one someday - I think Cat hunting (any Cat) is my favorite hunt and a unique trophy
+1!

I have no idea why people are stressing "experience with hounds on leopards?" You have no imagination? You can't picture the chaos of that moment? I have no experience with leopards, but half a century in the bush with everything from squirrels to grizzlies and I can perfectly imagine how that scenario can play out like that. I would never criticize the details from afar. I have not read through the whole thread, but I do remember the details of the story from when it happened... I did not know Boddington was forced into bankruptcy... was it as a result of this incident?

Wowza this happened in 2009 and is still ongoing? Why’s it taking to long?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexisEklu

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg