Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
This is your first shot
This is shot location only not judging trophy quality. Consider it a bull you would shoot.

Shoot or or don’t shoot and why

Left bull or right bull
IMG_5065.jpeg

This is your first shot
This is shot location only not judging trophy quality. Consider it a bull you would shoot.

Shoot or or don’t shoot and why

Left bull or right bull View attachment 620294
I’d honestly wait for the bull on the right to provide a better shot.

I think I would wait for a better shot, for me too much of a chance to hit the paunch.

I say right bull. Blue spot. Look at the off side legs....gives some more perspective of shot angle degree.

Gonna pass on these shot angles if the buff isn’t already hit. They are in the wide open and patience is your ally in this situation.

I’ll wait for a better angle. Seems like the biggest mass of the stomach is on the left side. BUT for the amount of suffering, irritation to the animal and the ph and the opportunity to Murphys law to step in-no reason to take the risk.

I wouldn’t shoot any of them…too young. Not to mention the crap shot angle.

I wouldn’t shoot any of them…too young. Not to mention the crap shot angle.
Not sure about the too young on the bull on the right, while we can’t see the boss but the tips look pretty worn. Just my opinion.

Not sure about the too young on the bull on the right, while we can’t see the boss but the tips look pretty worn. Just my opinion.
Too hard to tell from that angle. I’d circle them staying downwind for a better look, but I’m still likely to leave the safety on.

I want OLD buffalo that have been kicked out of the herd. This bunch of guys don’t look close to that.

Original post states “that this is shot location only, not judging trophy quality. Consider it a bull you would shoot.”
Otherwise I would agree with you gentlemen that the bulls age class could use further scrutiny, best done from a different angle.

Don't shoot, wait for broadside!

Original post states “that this is shot location only, not judging trophy quality. Consider it a bull you would shoot.”
Otherwise I would agree with you gentlemen that the bulls age class could use further scrutiny, best done from a different angle.
Any of the shot options have greater potential for a very long day of tracking a wounded buffalo. Not my idea of a good time.

EDIT - I’d further say that a PH green lighting this would be highly unusual, with the possible exception of a cull hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarlandDem

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?