• Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No shot

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Left bull or right bull

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
Wait.

Most likely they'll turn, if there's one there you want to shoot. Even if they don't turn, going home without an animal always needs to be on the list of acceptable possibilities.

The only bull that's even close to presenting a good angle is the one on the right, and has been said, the angle will require penetrating a ton of paunch to reach vitals. On that buff, green will skip behind the shoulder and won't even enter the chest. Splitting the front legs puts you at the right edge of blue, but that's not a good option on an unwounded buff. Miss by a couple of inches and you might never find him. Or, he might turn around and get nasty, you never know.

The last day of the hunt is the worst time to wound one. You'll rush the follow up, and that's just asking for trouble.

Quartering away arguably gives you better access to the vitals than a broadside, but the angle needs to be closer to broadside than backside. The one on the right needs to turn another 20 or 30 degrees.

Sure I wont take that shot simple......you can if you wish
What that diagram doesn’t show is how you are shooting though a ton of wet grass/stomach contents. Also, really easy to get one lung which is a good way to do a lot of walking to potentially take a boss ride.

We all know that a buffalo positioned in quartering-away is not the best for shooting, but this position is quoted in the famous book and therefore there is no reason to refuse it immediately. Nobody says one have to do it. I have done it few times, from the right as the left side, in the majority of cases with success, but one time unfortunately not. For this reason I would also recommend that everyone only do it if there is no alternative.

Not as a 1st shot I would definately not.....the chance of wounding, putting people in danger is just to high and it is not an ethical shot to take.
Famous book or not......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88pizza

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with