Large Botswana Bull

That’s a great bull!

Jeans and a long sleeve shirt, you were lucky to get out of there alive!

, are you thinking I should still be going to the doc and getting more IV treatments, I had one IV in Africa. I still feel weak and crappy especially when the sun hits me, though I think I am very slowly getting better.
hmmmm,

like many ailments in our lives, that i believe is the answer, getting slowly better. what that tells me is that you basically ran yourself into the ground (think of an airplane doing that). it takes time to recover. just be intentional and you will get better. the thing is....dont repeat it, cause next time it could be worse. be aware and slow down and take the time to cool off or things could end up worse.

all this said, i am just a dumb EMT with 20 years experience. i suspect there is a doctor or two on this site that could give you better advice. get well.

That’s a great bull!

Jeans and a long sleeve shirt, you were lucky to get out of there alive!
Yes, I never wear shorts or short sleeves , but if I go again, I may very well wear shorts

Thanks your thoughts , are you thinking I should still be going to the doc and getting more IV treatments, I had one IV in Africa. I still feel weak and crappy especially when the sun hits me, though I think I am very slowly getting better.
I will try to get the videos posted. Thank you Sir.
Glad you are ok. I think @1dirthawker meant liquid IV electrolytes drink supplement not a liquid IV into your arm.

Yes, I never wear shorts or short sleeves , but if I go again, I may very well wear shorts

Well my advice would be, adjust the wardrobe or stay out of the desert. I’m glad you are on the path to recovery!

Congratulations on a magnificent bull

I have had multiple heat exhaustion episodes, being a rancher and boat captain really puts a strain on the body, we had to unload 6 tons of feed one day in 104* ( 120 heat index) and got way too hot and as said before it’s not a easy recovery and can easily go south if you don’t learn to pace yourself, I wear deluth pants and a full sleeve fishing shirt ( any cool dry material) and alpaca socks, and keep a special towel that is made for cooling after being soaked in cold water, and a large brimmed hat
If you’re near bananas or watermelon eat some when you start feeling the heat and take a break and eat some, carry some packages of salted crackers or almonds in your pack or vehicle
a fish oil daily supplement will help ward of HE also , oysters are full of zinc, magnesium, and other essentials
image.jpg

Good god man what a great bull. I must say the picture looks cool as hell.

I want to be like you when I grow up!!

Good luck on getting back to full speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WendiTully

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is roofrunner@aol.com. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with