KMG Hunting Safaris 2023 Season Photos

The first day of moisture, after some dry windy days, the pack of hounds managed to pick up a scent in the under growth of this nearby sheep ranch. As we were walking back to the truck, the hounds started giving tongue on the next scent using the favorable conditions. We lost communications with the hounds man, but one can only wonder if it was the other half of this pair.

IMG20230428080941.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Bushbuck ram for our hunter on a steep downhill shot. Bushbuck are often considered royal game not only in the Eastern Cape, but especially in our base camp area. They are such special animals and if you want to see any of the locals eyes light up, you simply have to raise the topic of either Bushbuck or Hounds.

IMG-20230506-WA0086.jpg

Very nice. Congrats to all involved

Beautiful Bushbuck ram for our hunter on a steep downhill shot. Bushbuck are often considered royal game not only in the Eastern Cape, but especially in our base camp area. They are such special animals and if you want to see any of the locals eyes light up, you simply have to raise the topic of either Bushbuck or Hounds.

View attachment 555713
I regret not hunting one before. It sounds like a special kind of experience.

Beautiful Cape Buffalo bull hunted with us during this past season. Shooting a bull of "X" spread doesn't mean much if they are not fully mature. Our order of importance is number 1, hard bosses, non negotiable, no 2, the drop in the horns OR the shape. Need those nice pretty drops, and only third comes the width. Unfortunately, we as hunters have become far too obsessed with the score. Worry about the age, and the conservation will take care of itself. Be safe out there.

IMG-20230508-WA0065.jpg

IMG-20230508-WA0063.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful Golden Wildebeest taken with us during this past season. Color Variants is certainly a topic that divides many hunters, but how many of them know that the Golden Wildebeest originated from the Tuli Block in Botswana.

IMG-20230505-WA0039.jpg

One of the greatest success stories in conservation has to be the Bontebok. Where they were once down to numbers quoted as low as 17 individual animals, through private ownership, they were saved from the brink of extinction. One only needs to see them in real life to truly appreciate their vivid colors. Through the sustainable utilization of these animals and giving them value, their numbers have flourished well into the thousands.
IMG-20230505-WA0040.jpg

Proper Blue Wildebeest taken with us. They are no doubt the toughest animals on the plains.
Born sick, the more you shoot them the healthier they get.

IMG20230507125752.jpg

Wow, thats a bucket list Kudu right there, turned out tips and all.
Absolutely, but impossible to even target something like that. If its your time, its your time.

Heavy Bushbuck ram for our hunter. Have we ever told you that we have soft spot for these animals? They are without a doubt the royal game of the Eastern Cape.
IMG-20230515-WA0089(1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaitlinDel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!