Is retiring to Africa a wise decision?

They have everything you want in Texas including the hunting co-ops. It's just hot as hell in summertime. (Why it's common now for Texans to to head north to Colorado and Montana etc in the hot season.). Stay away from the cities and border. Before the border crisis taxes on 1,000 acres were like $360 per year in the program. If you live at the YO ranch you don't have to worry about that.

A much wiser choice as the other two states have been stacked with Democrats.

They have everything you want in Texas including the hunting co-ops. It's just hot as hell in summertime. (Why it's common now for Texans to to head north to Colorado and Montana etc in the hot season.). Stay away from the cities and border. Before the border crisis taxes on 1,000 acres were like $360 per year in the program. If you live at the YO ranch you don't have to worry about that.
Not that I'm advocating moving to Africa or anywhere but no matter where you live in US you need 3-4x the money or more for the same lifestyle.
YO Ranch is nice but have you looked at the prices?
US is probably is the best place for someone with a ton of money but otherwise there are other better options for most, especially for part time living say 5-6 months out of a year.
Excluding present company and most people on this forum, majority of our population don't have a clue what's out there and have a lot of misconceptions.
Most of this created by media and politicians because it makes it easier to gaslight and control people.
But reality is our money goes a lot further outside this country for the same or even better lifestyle no matter where you spend time with some exceptions.

A much wiser choice as the other two states have been stacked with Democrats.
Having spent years there I consider Montana as my second home state and you're mistaken about it.
It's not stacked with Democrats and people in Montana vote for the right people that they trust and a lot of times know personally.
t's not like any other state where everybody votes along party lines regardless of the candidate.
Also %90 of the people there are gun owners and spend time outdoors be it hunting, fishing etc..

US is probably is the best place for someone with a ton of money but otherwise there are other better options for most, especially for part time living say 5-6 months out of a year.
But reality is our money goes a lot further outside this country for the same or even better lifestyle no matter where you spend time with some exceptions.

I agree with you in regard to one's money going further elsewhere. One thing though, guns. Most countries one would want to be at restrict firearms especially for non-citizens. That's also why I would not live in NY, NJ, IL etc. where one has to get a firearms license first.

I agree with you in regard to one's money going further elsewhere. One thing though, guns. Most countries one would want to be at restrict firearms especially for non-citizens. That's also why I would not live in NY, NJ, IL etc. where one has to get a firearms license first.
If feasable, I'd settle for WV ...

Having spent years there I consider Montana as my second home state and you're mistaken about it.
It's not stacked with Democrats and people in Montana vote for the right people that they trust and a lot of times know personally.
t's not like any other state where everybody votes along party lines regardless of the candidate.
Also %90 of the people there are gun owners and spend time outdoors be it hunting, fishing etc..
But there are some big time Democrats winning there and why do you think the floodgates have been open to californians? I'm not knocking Montanans rather what's been happening of late! Look what's happened to Colorado and look what is happening to Wyoming... The MSM advertises it sells it Hollywood types move in and pretty soon the big towns have gone full libdemtard. I hear what you're saying because I live in a rural area and life is great but what I just said is absolutely happening...

It's a very similar process whereby Walt Disney caused the majority of viewers to look at wildlife like they are cute and fuzzy crying kids winning the hearts and minds of the unknowing, ultimately causing them to lean libdemtard. Slow and subtle to some I imagine but it's quite clear what's happening! How are those house prices in Bozeman? LOL

It's a very similar process whereby Walt Disney caused the majority of viewers to look at wildlife like they are cute and fuzzy crying kids winning the hearts and minds of the unknowing, ultimately causing them to lean libdemtard. Slow and subtle to some I imagine but it's quite clear what's happening! How are those house prices in Bozeman? LOL

Yep, I refused to take my boys to Disney. I took them camping in the mountains of Wyoming instead. My wife thought I was a hardass but she sees my point now. Hard to tell the average person that Bambi was a subversive movie with a hard left agenda.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't by a house in Bozeman 15 years ago.
Californification is definitely changing the last best place for the worst, no doubt.
On a side note Montana had Democrat governors in the 80's before the invasion of Californians but like I said people voted for the person not the party in Montana. Things might be changing now.

On a side note Montana had Democrat governors in the 80's before the invasion of Californians...
It is not the Californians, but the whole country as a whole has changed in the last 40 years. The Democrat hero JFK would be vilified today and even Bill Clinton by today's left. Heck, JFK would be further right than a lot of today's GOP. :ROFLMAO:

I wish Capt Fred Moore was around here, he has seen a lot of Africa most have never known about ,and lot of advice about it.

Yep, I refused to take my boys to Disney. I took them camping in the mountains of Wyoming instead. My wife thought I was a hardass but she sees my point now. Hard to tell the average person that Bambi was a subversive movie with a hard left agenda.
After approximately 100 years their empire finally appears to be crumbling...

I'm kicking myself because I didn't by a house in Bozeman 15 years ago.
Californification is definitely changing the last best place for the worst, no doubt.
On a side note Montana had Democrat governors in the 80's before the invasion of Californians but like I said people voted for the person not the party in Montana. Things might be changing now.
Old friend from school and her husband purchased 15 acres there circa 90s. To say they were pleasantly and accidentally surprised when they recently cashed it in for retirement purposes is a severe understatement!

Buying in the right area, neighborhood even at what seem to be high prices at that time usually pays off.

Even now at what seem to be high prices. If you can find something that people with means will want in the future.

I bought and sold land in Colorado in the 90s and 2000s. Started with small pieces, sold them for more desirable and or larger tracts. Each time it strained my wallet and I doubted myself several times.

The last one I sold was 41 acres. Its value was stagnant through several time periods. But always moving upward.

20 years from now Boseman people will wish they bought in 2023.
Wealth and property confiscation, taxes and politics aside.

After approximately 100 years their empire finally appears to be crumbling...
I doubt that.
They are one of the most widely recognized name brands and successful franchises in the World, still.
It's like boycotting shitty BudLight. Long run nothing changes.
There might be some chinks in the armor but they'll be around after De Santis is long gone.
Like every other mega corporation most politicians(left or right) are in their pockets anyway.

Buying in the right area, neighborhood even at what seem to be high prices at that time usually pays off.

Even now at what seem to be high prices. If you can find something that people with means will want in the future.

I bought and sold land in Colorado in the 90s and 2000s. Started with small pieces, sold them for more desirable and or larger tracts. Each time it strained my wallet and I doubted myself several times.

The last one I sold was 41 acres. Its value was stagnant through several time periods. But always moving upward.

20 years from now Boseman people will wish they bought in 2023.
Wealth and property confiscation, taxes and politics aside.
True, but there are stagnant periods and then there are other periods when you make the most money in real estate.

Mark. Have you thought about Australia or New Zealand politically stable world class health care forigners can buy land, great climate in the right area good hunting especialy in NZ both countries run by Left wing wankers at the moment but not as bad as your Joe B and this can change at the next election culture very similar to the US. Lots of wide open spaces. you are not going to be kidnapped
or robbed on the streets.
@rdog
My wife has Canadian relatives that live the Canadian winters in Australia and Australian winters in the Canadian summer. Summer all year round for them.
More shooting opportunities in Australia as no closed season on deer except Hog deer. Good hunting even for buff, bantang and scuba bulls for Americans that can afford it.
Excellent foods availability without the need to import tropical fruits.
Great money exchange rates, currently 1 dollar Aud is .64 cent US.
You won't get kidnapped but you will get ROBBED REGULARLY. Just buy food or fuel and you will be ROBBED blind with the current prices.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxat90708

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia