Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

I've had a trip planned to Canada for a bear hunt, I don't expect anything changing around the border by September.

If you are bored and want to read the LAW as it relates to your arrival in RSA, go here:
Last updated Alert Level 4 June 29.
Bring a mask if you're staying in a hotel. It's required in public spaces apparently.

https://www.gov.za/covid-19/resources/regulations-and-guidelines-coronavirus-covid-19
I am sort of worried about tomorrows update announcement. Praying for no more restrictive restrictions, as it stands with last 14 days rules there should be minimum disruptions to our hunt or tour part. Minor adjustments, as a Canadian we have lived with these rules for months. My PH says all is OK now, but after tomorrow or even in another 14 days after another update announcement that could change. I have 6 days in Ont before depart TO, worrying that trip gets stopped and I get more unscheduled time in Ont. Am taking a fishing rod and some pike and largemouth gear, not many of them on Van isle.

Need to be in Africa.
I've had a trip planned to Canada for a bear hunt, I don't expect anything changing around the border by September.
My bet is our dictator will open border just before election. Could be summer or fall? Then he can pound his chest and tell all his followers how he saved us all. Lots will believe and give him their vote.

Good luck. You may have a small chance if fully vaxed.

MB

Does anyone have more info on the covid and travel situation in Namibia? The articles I'm seeing are saying "tourists are allowed to travel freely july 1-15", are we to take this as the borders are closing on the 15th?

We are supposed to leave tuesday and while not afraid to travel and live life, I am quite afraid of getting stuck somewhere and unable to get home. Any info is appreciated

Thanks, Brickburn................both are dated 30 June..................I wonder if an even more restrictive announcement from Namibia is in the offing.................FWB

They are on lockdown. An outfit I speak to from time to time told me yesterday. He said they had all of there July and August hunters canceled but September is still a go.

AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I AM A BOARD CERTIFIED SURGEON BUT PRIOR TO MEDICAL SCHOOL I WAS PART OF A LAND MARK STUDY ON CHICKEN BOX VIRUS (THE MICROANATOMIST) WHEN THIS DWHOLE THING STARTED MY ACADEMIC BRAIN SET OF TO LEARN AND READ AS MUCH WORLD DATA AS Possible! AND THANKS TO A WORLD WIDE TRANS;ATION SERVICE ( and $843.14 on my credit card every month)) I THINK I"VE GAINED SOME KNOWLEDGE ON THIS DISEASE. THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL I'VE READ IN THE LAST 15MO I WOULD SUSPECT IS MORE PAGES THAN SOME OF YOU HAVE READ IN A LIFE TIME!
I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A FEW OF THE THINGS I LEARNED!
1. THERE IS A HUGH NUMBER OF MISTAKES THAT HAVE BEEN MADE FROM A PUBLIC HEALTH
STANDPOINT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO AN UNEXCEPTABLE NUMBER OF MORTALATIES AND LONG TERM MORTALITIES!
2. I FULLY BELIEVE THAT THE DATA PROVES THAT THE 2 WIDLEY AVAILABLE MRNA VACCINES ARE AMOUNG THE MOST SUCCESSFUL AND EFFECTIVE THE WORLD HAS EVER PRODUCED FOR ANY DISEASE!
3. MY TRUST IN MY OWN GOVERNMENT AGENCIES THAT I"VE RELIED ON FOR MOST OF MY
PROFESSIONAL LIFE HAS NO BEEN DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR!!
4. THE POLITICAL GAMES BEING PLAYED BY MY OWN COUNTRY WHEN EVERY HOSPITAL CLINIC AND PHARMACY AND PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY I"VE PERSOLNALY SPOKEN TO IS PUTTING EXPIRED VACCINE IN THE DUMPSTERS OR RETURNING IT ALMOST EVERYDAY, WE BETTER WAKE UP.
5. AND PHISER HAS A PLANT IN DURY SA PRODUCING 3-4 MILLION DOSES A DAY BUT UNCLE JOE AND HIS SIGNATURE MADE IT OUR VACCINE AND HE WAS GOING TO MAKE MAKE THE POLICY WHO SHOULD GET.
6. WHEN WE HAVE A UNCOUNTABLE NUMBER DYING IN INDEA AND PHISER MAKES A CORPORATE DECISION TO RELEASE 60MILLION DOSES THAT WERE IN THE FREEZER OR IN PRODUCTION AND OUR SOCIAL MEDIA GOT WORD OF IT ALL OF A SUDDEN JOE SAID WE WERE GOING TO HELP THEM WITH 60M DOSES (MY RESPONSE IS THEY NEED 800M DOSES AND JOES RESPONSE WAS LIKE GIVING AN EMPTY SHOT GLASS TO A COUPLE OF DRUNKS)
7. AND THEN WE NEED TO PREVENT THIS FROM EVER HAPPENING AGAIN ( THIS IS NUMBER 3 OF THE ENGINNERED VIRUSES SINCE 2007....WHO IS RESPONSIBLE AND HOW DO WE PREVENT IT)

THIS IS THE GREATEST GROUP OF FOLKS ON THE INTERNET AND I LOVE YOU!
PLEASE GET VACCINATED AND LETS GET OUR WORLD VACCINATED SO WE CAN ALL GET BACK TO WHAT WE LOVE AND DRAWS US HERE!
“This is number 3 of the engineered viruses since 2007”. Great! What were the other 2?

I am scheduled for Namibia early August. Does not sound promising after reading Brickburns post.

Well, we leave Tuesday morning for WDH. Im about to call my PH to talk further but they say there are no issues with tourism, and based on a Facebook post I made in a hunting group, someone text Thormalen and Cochran and got the same info, your PH just needs a travel permit.

It was announced that tourists can travel freely from July 1-15, apparently everyone expects that to be extended but obviously who knows on that front.

Dont know what to do here with all this coming around on such short notice. Seems like testing to head home may be an issue as well, will know more on that after the phone call.

I am scheduled for Namibia early August. Does not sound promising after reading Brickburns post.
Check back on the sources and the local news. Numbers changed drastically in a short time, as do restrictions.

There are line ups at many police stations for travel permits, but they are being issued.

Masking requirements are in place, Just follow the rules.

“This is number 3 of the engineered viruses since 2007”. Great! What were the other 2?
Ah ha. Perhaps 'Tony The Fauch' and the boys have been busy, working under the radar for awhile now. Errra, sorry that is probably banned speech these days....

The current protests, barricading of roads, burning trucks and efforts to shutdown some provinces and ultimately the whole country at the moment is of more concern than covid.....it is getting real bad and no control in sight....

My outfitter says that they're getting travel permits without a problem, the situation on the ground doesnt seem to match the news (shocking, right?!) the hunting industry and tourism is essentially unaffected by the additional recent restrictions/lockdowns and they have full confidence in us coming and wouldnt put us in a bad situation. They have a good reputation over decades so being only days away we are proceeding and this is why we have a travel agent, satellite phone, and prayers.

We are young and in generally good health so the restrictions are our personal concerns and I am trusting the folks I've hired to advise me on this type of stuff. I'd be lying to say I'm not nervous but I havent stopped my life the last 18 months I'm not going to start with a decades long dream that was already postponed once.

Namibia BTW

The current protests, barricading of roads, burning trucks and efforts to shutdown some provinces and ultimately the whole country at the moment is of more concern than covid.....it is getting real bad and no control in sight....
I am getting conflicting reports concerning RSA. My outfitter (headquartered in the Eastern Cape) sent me a message that after we left OR Tambo flying to Port E that we would not notice anything different from our previous safaris. After hunting in the East Cape we will be driving with our PH to KZN (Hluhluwe area) to hunt red duiker and suni. Are you hearing any news that should concern me? We will be flying over August 10.

Well N2 Highway to Hluhluwe has been closed for 2 days....have a truck stuck in Pongola...only been able to move from Mtuba to Pongola since Friday...
On the ground things are getting worse..
EC to Northern KZN(Hluhluwe is on the N2 which is a no go zone at the moment and escalating...
Flying JHB to PE should be ok but driving from there to Hluhluwe today would be suicide....
Things will change better or worse is the question...

Well N2 Highway to Hluhluwe has been closed for 2 days....have a truck stuck in Pongola...only been able to move from Mtuba to Pongola since Friday...
On the ground things are getting worse..
EC to Northern KZN(Hluhluwe is on the N2 which is a no go zone at the moment and escalating...
Flying JHB to PE should be ok but driving from there to Hluhluwe today would be suicide....
Things will change better or worse is the question...
By reading above you don't think its a good/safe/responsible time to arrive for safari? We land in Joberg 29 July, have outfitter pic us up 2 days later 1 Aug, (have hotel booked close to airport) then commence a 4 area 21 day safari, lion, croc, night critters and full bag of PG. No internal flights its all road transfers with same PH. Hunt is followed by 14 days driving tour, already booked, Gansbaai, Cape Town and Kruger, this we are self driving.

We await tonight's 20.00 hr announcement, there is conflicting info from our outfitter and posts on here. Doom and danger to all is still OK with minor interruptions. I am wondering where in-between reality falls? Not thinking it will get better anytime soon? But we do have exactly 3 weeks today till our pickup in Joberg.

MB

We see tonight some time till safari but self drive in next week would not be advised.....
More and bigger issues than covid at the moment ....
Not what you want.to hear but reality....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara29R474

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]