In memoriam - RIP cal pappas

The last thing Cal said to me was
“We’ll see you at the airport “. That was Saturday afternoon.
He passed away in his home on Sunday with his bags packed, two of them already on the front porch.
It was Cal, with some gentle prodding who finally convinced to put my double rifle to proper use on a buffalo hunt and I couldn’t have happier to have been going with Cal Pappas.
We are continuing on with our hunt as planned. I’m 100% sure Cal wouldn’t have it any other way.
If I’m lucky enough to get close enough to an old dagga boy you can rest assured that Cal will be with me.
He was the best of us.
Sorry for your loss sir.

Wow, what a shocker! I just awoke (work nights) to read this. I never met or spoke with him, but a few months ago out of the blue, he sent me a PM that his friend had some bullets for sale that I was looking for. I did speak with his friend on the phone. I'll have to reach out to him. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. RIP Cal Pappas!

Sad to hear and prayers for God's blessing in easing the family's grief. I bought several things from him recently and a pleasure to deal with.

I actually didn't believe this post at first just couldn't get my brain around it !

Terrible loss for the hunting & firearm world, he will be greatly missed.

Helped me a lot over many many years & put one of my rifles in his book.

Just crazy we are losing greats faster than we are making them !!

The last thing Cal said to me was
“We’ll see you at the airport “. That was Saturday afternoon.
He passed away in his home on Sunday with his bags packed, two of them already on the front porch.
It was Cal, with some gentle prodding who finally convinced to put my double rifle to proper use on a buffalo hunt and I couldn’t have happier to have been going with Cal Pappas.
We are continuing on with our hunt as planned. I’m 100% sure Cal wouldn’t have it any other way.
If I’m lucky enough to get close enough to an old dagga boy you can rest assured that Cal will be with me.
He was the best of us.

I am sure it will be with a heavy heart, but I hope you have a great hunt.

1653345920743.png

You lived your life and were an original Cal. RIP

0686b8aa-9838-4acb-82ca-01138e3f2733.jpg

382bf77b-8b0e-4a1b-afc6-3d9b0c277891.jpg

7edbc5fa-cccb-49a5-bd7d-dc9c1ea8de49.jpg

I can’t believe what I am reading. What an absolute pleasure it was to have Cal in Botswana. RIP sir.

Wow what a shocker! So sorry for his family and friends.
He was so generous in sharing his knowledge here but also around the world on his travels.
What a shame for so much experience and knowledge to be gone. Thanks for what you have done for all of us, RIP Cal.

Wow, sad news for sure. I didn’t know him personally but sold him some bullets when l was down sizing. He was very good to deal with, and seemed like a great guy.
Guessing he never got to use them
RIP Cal

Cal’s Mother, Betty, is in a nursing facility here in Palmer, Alaska. She’s a grand old Gal. The ones of us that knew them both, can see through her where Cal got his wit and that twinkle in his eye. Remember her in your thoughts. I don’t have the heart to see her yet.
My wife, daughter, and myself are deeply saddened by the passing of our friend, I couldn’t dare to imagine what it must be like for Ms. Betty.

Incredibly sad news. Thoughts and prayers to his family

My hearty condolences for his family. Great to do business with him.
Pray his soul rest in piece with God.
It is loss of great knowledge.
Krish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandy75942

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt