In memoriam - RIP cal pappas

A shock indeed. I spoke to Cal several times and he was always full of info and pleasant to visit with. Sadly I never met him in person. He was a real resource to many of us. Cal will truly be missed here and in the hunting and double rifle community. RIP Cal, you will be remembered.

Bad news for sure. RIP Cal.

Haven't been on the site for a long while and this is the first thing I come across, the passing of a man both humble and in possession of a wealth of knowledge and experience the likes of which few acquire. This is such a tragic loss, so tragic. At least he seems to have been enjoying life to the fullest, right up to the end (bags packed and ready for the next safari).

Prayers....

I did not know Mr Pappas.
Always sad to loose a member, he was a wealth of information and always helped folks when in need. RIP Mr Pappas.

Condolences to his family and all of his friends here.

JP

Terrible news. I only spoke with him a few times but he was a knowledgeable and generous gentleman. My condolences to his family.

img_0237lr.jpg

From Cal's Alaska Gallery...

RIP.
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 14.22.42.png

One of his adventures.

Last edited:
Such a shame someone like Cal has to die. I had a chance to shoot with him twice, but never was able to hunt with him. Many of us were planning on another double shoot three weeks ago, but someone beyond our control cancelled us using the range outside of Anchorage. This is so sad. It will be very difficult for anyone to replace Cal Pappas.

So sad!
Prayers to all his loved ones.

Just received his book "Double Rifle Primer" that he signed with a nice message to me. Very nice and knowledgeable man. Prayers to his family.

This is a sad shock. He struck me as an adventurer at heart and a devoted sportsman. Who else could wield an 4 bore double like that?

Happy hunting Cal, RIP.

I just communicated with him in the last day or so on our joint interest in the 600NE. Great guy. When I recently contacted him on my acquisition of a Verney Carron 600 NE double, he actually sent me some of his special cast bullets at no charge, other than modest postage. What a loss to the gun world.

Very sad news, RIP Cal

Very sad to hear. Cal was very helpful answering many many questions when I was in the market for a double rifle. He shared his wealth of knowledge with a glad to be of assistance attitude. I never met him but watched his YouTube videos and was impressed with his abilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinWnf1

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]