Hunting On Fenced Farms Vs Wilderness Areas

Plenty of videos out hunting wild Uganda for Lechwe, PH drives by many looking for the one, hunter shoots and pictures taken with Lechwe standing in the background. I have been on the King Ranch many times, well over 800,000 acres, it was there I figured out how deer were taken many years ago with primitive equipment, the whitetail are almost curious and very easy to approach. Yes, they are totally wild but does not necessarily mean they are harder to hunt.
There is no lechwe hunting in Uganda. I have photos from the Caprivi with lechwe in the far background of my trophy as you describe. I’ve seen it in other areas as well where animals have to coexist with people and livestock and poaching is minimal. The game will have a comfort zone of around 200 yards or so you can approach in. I’m much more willing to accept that knowing the animal was always wild and added conservation value compared to the signs of put and take hunting visible on some high fenced ranches for example a ranch in Limpopo with only sable bulls that have minimal fear of humans.

There is no lechwe hunting in Uganda. I have photos from the Caprivi with lechwe in the far background of my trophy as you describe. I’ve seen it in other areas as well where animals have to coexist with people and livestock and poaching is minimal. The game will have a comfort zone of around 200 yards or so you can approach in. I’m much more willing to accept that knowing the animal was always wild and added conservation value compared to the signs of put and take hunting visible on some high fenced ranches for example a ranch in Limpopo with only sable bulls that have minimal fear of humans.
Agreed that’s definitely not what I’m looking for!!

Plenty of videos out hunting wild Uganda for Lechwe, PH drives by many looking for the one, hunter shoots and pictures taken with Lechwe standing in the background. I have been on the King Ranch many times, well over 800,000 acres, it was there I figured out how deer were taken many years ago with primitive equipment, the whitetail are almost curious and very easy to approach. Yes, they are totally wild but does not necessarily mean they are harder to hunt.

I think you re reffering to KOB not Lechwe.
Uganda also a great hunting success but there is people, cattle and goats all over while you hunt in certain areas

I have only hunted SA once and it was fantastic. Did some free range around Craddock and then a 40K area around Kimberly. Love the great animals I took there.Lets take it a step further. When I lived in Zim,I did a lot of hunting on my own. Those trophies mean more to me than the ones where I was guided. Now there were some animals that I did not take but would like to now. Sable and Roan.I’m looking at the Limpopo and some of the outfitters there. Will it be different sure but I will be in an area that’s more affordable from a daily rate perspective as well as Trophy fee wise. I will let you know how it goes!!!
I don’t know if Howard Knott is still offering Safaris, but for Sable and Roan, Greater Kuduland Safari’s is very hard to beat.

The area is where both species naturally occur and it’s 65000+ acres of the most pristine bushveld with 4 of the Big 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoracioWur

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!