How many of you hunt Africa with your Blaser???

300 Win Mag barrel for plains game.
416 Rem when I'm not shooting my double.

Attachments

• _DSC2767-2.jpeg
    _DSC2767-2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
Well, fess up. How many of you hunt with your Blaser in Africa.
I own a couple and love them.
I have taken them twice to Africa - all good, no issues.
I have hunted Alaska with one and North America.

I get a lot of questions but when they feel it and handle it, most guides/PH's like the "feel".

I like the shorter overall rifle package. I have the thumbhole stock version and love that as well.

What say you???

I live in africa and own blasers
Its my daily gun

I'm expecting my GunFoam case tomorrow which is cut to accept 3 barrels, 3 scopes, 1 stock w/bolt & trigger installed, extra bolt & 2 mag inserts. Will be smaller than my V800 case for getting around airports and hotels, much nicer foam quality, and lighter weight overall.
Please share photos when you get it. Which case did you use? Did you save a blueprint of that order? I might want to duplicate it.

300 Win Mag barrel for plains game.
416 Rem when I'm not shooting my double.
Perfect combo and I have the same barrels. I also like the 375 barrel for a one gun trip. I'm taking 416 barrel and a 22 Hornet K95 for next trip.

Well, fess up. How many of you hunt with your Blaser in Africa.
I own a couple and love them.
I have taken them twice to Africa - all good, no issues.
I have hunted Alaska with one and North America.

I get a lot of questions but when they feel it and handle it, most guides/PH's like the "feel".

I like the shorter overall rifle package. I have the thumbhole stock version and love that as well.

What say you???
Yes. RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, and Tanzania with mine. I think from a PH/safari pov the decocker is one of the best features. Being able to safely carry the gun loaded in a DG area where it is truly necessary gives great piece of mind.
I am about to hunt AK with mine. I may cry if it gets messed up there!

As of right now, we have not hunted Africa with our R8's. If things go to plan, we will be in SA a year from now with JKO Safaris hunting buffalo and PG. When we do go, this is how we will pack them...

1724413606952.png

I used a GunFoam (GF-4514) with a custom foam insert and it cost me about $400 total. This is similar in size to a Pelican 1720 that goes for $335 with the regular open cell foam that comes with them, not custom fit.

Please share photos when you get it. Which case did you use? Did you save a blueprint of that order? I might want to duplicate it.

GunFoam doesn't currently allow you to "share" a blueprint or foam insert layout. I've spoken with them about this, and they are working on a 2.0 revision that will enable several features that will make things easier. Currently you can only save the items you have uploaded or use one of their existing designs. BTW - No Blaser R8 in their library, mostly handguns and the like. Not sure what they can currently do to accommodate this request, but you can give them a call to see. Maybe they can load the pictures @xbr897 took to your profile so you can arrange them.

As of right now, we have not hunted Africa with our R8's. If things go to plan, we will be in SA a year from now with JKO Safaris hunting buffalo and PG. When we do go, this is how we will pack them...

View attachment 628726

I used a GunFoam (GF-4514) with a custom foam insert and it cost me about $400 total. This is similar in size to a Pelican 1720 that goes for $335 with the regular open cell foam that comes with them, not custom fit.

I didn't know that GF sells cases also. That's a good price for custom foam and case. I will have to consider that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emyy23ly

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!