How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

I just got a reminder of how bad the smoke was from all the forest fires this summer.
I had taken a doe Whitetail and took her back to hang. After cooling outside overnight I brought her inside.
A few hours later when I came back into the hanging room it smelled like a smoke house or someone had just started a fire and did not open the chimney flue.

After some investigation it turns out it was this doe. She had either been sitting around her own campfires or her hair absorbed smoke all summer long from the constant forest fire smoke. It's a new one on me.
After butchering we will see how well smoked the meat is. :D

Back to chasing the big one!

Pre-Smoked Meat.... that's a new one on me.

Image1510498948.372282.jpg
Image1510498960.539385.jpg

Hammered greenheads & greenwings on the opener in North Texas Saturday morning! Done at 7:30am

Still sitting on my Wyoming doe antelope meat hunt tag. I’ve got until Dec 31, so no rush to join everyone else going there.
Plan for a couple of Southwest Kansas pheasant hunts before my little GSP gets too old (12 now) and arthritic. Maybe one after it cools down in December and one in January.
Most of my time I need to care for my granddaughter taking her to and from school and Muay Thai. My daughter is getting healthier Day by Day, so maybe by December I can have a few days off to go hunt.

Keep posting guys. At least I get to hunt vicariously through each of you!

IMG_8990.JPG
IMG_8991.JPG

My best friends(that's going to South Africa with me in May) 10 year old son shot this big Arkansas Delta buck this morning. 1 shot at 200 yards and the buck went 50 yards. 17 5/8 inside spread. 235 lbs. shot it with the 243 I gave he and his brother a few years back.

mikeinarkansas. He's hooked! Great pics.

Heck of a deer for a 10 year old!! Congrats to the young man @mikeinarkansas !

Nice pronghorn and muley @Lee M !!!

A
Yes he is! Thanks! I'm excited for him....that buck is getting the shoulder mount treatment.
As it should! Trouble is the boy is ruined for life now;)

Same shooter buck has walked by four times in four days and always in the brush or too far so no shots. Cleared out a nice shooting lane to one trail. I'm going out today for the fifth try. Starting to get the heebeejeebees. :E Crazy:

I hope that by posting these pics that I don't jinx myself, but this is the buck that I hope to hang my tag on this year. I goofed up the date on the camera...was in October. November 20 is taking forever to get here...hope he sticks around!

001.JPG

019.JPG

018.JPG

038.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWR

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's