How has Everyone’s Hunting Season at Home been?

I'd pass and let him grow for a year or two.

Only if you give me the GPS coordinates of you trail camera.. and about 3 days to get there....Good luck, he probably hasn't gone far.

That deer is built like a tank. Love to see some up close shots if him on the ground.

East Texas Whitetail killed on Tuesday morning. He was running a fawn doe from this spring.
image.jpg
image.jpg

@Sand Rat, Congrats. Awesome buck. Cartridges look big. What caliber?

@Sand Rat, Congrats. Awesome buck. Cartridges look big. What caliber?
257 Roberts, when you shoot an out of date round you better have some attached to the gun in case you forget to pack the ammo! Gun is a Ruger ultra lite, might be why the round looks larger than it really is.

257 Roberts, when you shoot an out of date round you better have some attached to the gun in case you forget to pack the ammo! Gun is a Ruger ultra lite, might be why the round looks larger than it really is.
Ah, the ol' 257 Roberts, sweet!

Send those doe tags my way! Just kidding. Even though they're sold like postage stamps in my WMU, we get a load of doe tags and there's still too many deer. Can't kill enough of them to get ahead of the population.

That deer is built like a tank. Love to see some up close shots if him on the ground.

Hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to post some!

I hope that by posting these pics that I don't jinx myself, but this is the buck that I hope to hang my tag on this year. I goofed up the date on the camera...was in October. November 20 is taking forever to get here...hope he sticks around!

Hope you get him! Man that's a nice buck!

WGI_0112.JPG
Some great stories and pictures ....... keep em coming PLEASE ! Congrats. to all . Moose was a bust so 2 weeks later (Nov 6) I turned my attention to deer rifle season (whitetails) here in Ontario . Our gang wound up with 4 deer ... 5 , 4 and 2 point , plus a button buck . Sorry I got no decent pictures . But I did get this little guy on a trail camera 100 yards behind the camp ....and no body knew he was there as I did not download the pictures till I got home . LOL ?

The aforementioned button buck’s backstraps ended up on my grill last night with some salt, pepper, and Sweet Baby Ray’s.....Man! That was some good eating.

My son took a cull Axis recently whitetail is best during the rut which is coming up soon
Philip

273471E1-5DCD-41EE-84C0-1FB7F94FDC6E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving Montana in the morning on a good note this year. Heading to Kansas for archery whitetail Friday. Had my dad with me when I got the muley, made it that much better. Killed the bull with a very special pre 64 given to me by a good man. Plenty of memories made this trip!
IMG959550.jpg
IMG959519.jpg

Made it to my buddy's lease this afternoon to help him fill a cull tag. Shot this pig of a broken eight that had some age on him. 7x57 156 gr Oryx opened perfectly, when I get back home I'll get a weight and post a pic. of the bullet. Tomorrow we'll fish, shoot ducks and maybe a turkey. Life is good.
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnYom98

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's