How did you get your handle or user name?

My first and middle initials and last name…

I’m neither a doctor (md) nor do I hail from the midwest as some people seem to believe :D

Nothing special, my true name (as so many with same name) plus - my hobby, makes my nick on the forum

Mine was just sort of an afterthought, because back when I joined, the screen name, “Aardvark”, was already taken by someone.
But soon thereafter, that person promptly disappeared from the forum.

I am fond of antique firearms.
The Velo Dog revolver and all of its variants are somewhat collectible.
The full model designation was “Velocipede Anti-Dog”.
“Velocipede” was what bicycles were called well over 100 years ago.
Cars were not invented yet or if they were, they were at the least, not very common.
Bicycles however, were very common and stray dogs (including mean ones) were also very common, in large European cities back in those days.

That said, I sadly have never owned one of those tiny revolvers.

Beginning in the first grade of elementary school, the other children began calling me “Aardvark”, due to my last name being Ard.
That monicker has stayed with me to this day, amongst my friends.
By now I’ve become accustomed to “Velo Dog” here within the AH forum and so, that’s all there is to that.

Blah blah blah Zzzzzzz.:ROFLMAO:

First name, last initial. Who’d have thought:A Thumbs Up:

I used to climb Rock & Ice and then extreme altitudes. I said that I had an illness that could only be cured by being in the mountains.

I am an old man with an even older gun. I had dreamed of owning a Mannlicher Schoenauer for over 40 years. But I didn’t want one of the newer models as they just didn’t fit me right. For me a still hunter, fit is everything. The first time I picked up that model 1905 it fit me like a glove. It was like the first time I held my wife of 44 years in my arms. I knew I had to have them. The other bonus was I love the 35 caliber and the 9x56 ms checked that box also. Then I found this site of like minded hunters. Just feels right.

Last name starts with K and I’m from Texas. Chopped both words up and put them back together. Thought it sounded cool at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huntr bob

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?