Has it ever happened to you..

What were u armed with?
.375 H&H with 300 grain barnes. 30 yards I think. One shot frontal brain. Her back feet went down so fast she left 10 feet of skid marks. She was doing over 30 miles per hour and breaking trees without slowing down. No question if it was a bluff charge. My P.H. was ready with a Heym 470 NE with 500 grain sledgehammers. It wasn't needed this time. Such a sad ending, it's been difficult to relay the story.

.375 H&H with 300 grain barnes. 30 yards I think. One shot frontal brain. Her back feet went down so fast she left 10 feet of skid marks. She was doing over 30 miles per hour and breaking trees without slowing down. No question if it was a bluff charge. My P.H. was ready with a Heym 470 NE with 500 grain sledgehammers. It wasn't needed this time. Such a sad ending, it's been difficult to relay the story.
Interesting your PH was well equipped so were you. Did you use Barnes solids or TSX?

Last edited:
Interesting your PH was well equipped so weee you. Did you use Barnes solids or TSX?
TSX. I'm sure I had solids in my belt but there wasn't time to consider reloading. Just put bullets in the target and hope you put them where they belong.

TSX. I'm sure I had solids in my belt but there wasn't time to consider reloading. Just put bullets in the target and hope you put them where they belong.
Agreed, shows that even a expanding does the trick with right placement

So, in a situation like this I will assume you did not have a permit for an elephant. What would therefore be the process? Is it a pain in the butt or something else as it was a life and death situation?

The mature tusker was many years ago, while tracking the buffalo in my avatar, on a 100,000 acre property called “Maruli” or “Baruli” not sure which, bordering Kruger Park, South Africa, open to the park and only fenced on one side, up by the road.

The one with small tusks was April of this year, while fishing in the Okavango River, Caprivi Strip, Namibia.

The huge crocodile was during that same fishing trip.

The grizzly was about 5 or 6 years ago, while fly fishing for silver salmon (aka: “coho” salmon, Brooks River, Alaska.

Attachments

• IMG_3586.png
    IMG_3586.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3585.png
    IMG_3585.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3584.png
    IMG_3584.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3588.png
    IMG_3588.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
The mature tusker was many years ago, while tracking the buffalo in my avatar, on a 100,000 acre property called “Maruli” or “Baruli” not sure which, bordering Kruger Park, South Africa, open to the park and only fenced on one side, up by the road.

The one with small tusks was April of this year, while fishing in the Okavango River, Caprivi Strip, Namibia.

The huge crocodile was during that same fishing trip.

The grizzly was about 5 or 6 years ago, while fly fishing for silver salmon (aka: “coho” salmon, Brooks River, Alaska.
Excellent pictures was the croc coming after you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrancisRud

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?