Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hey folks, I’m in the planning stages of looking into a combo hunt musk ox caribou. Can’t seem to find any flights on Expedia or Orbitz. Any have info on outfits and plane tickets

From the US, I think you need to fly to Iceland, then to Greenland.

Traveling all the way to Greenland a quality hunt is what most hunters expect. Total flight cost is from $1,500 to $2,000. Overnight flights from America to Keflavik or Copenhagen from $550 to $1,000. Morning flight from Keflavik or Copenhagen to Greenland from $800 to $1,200, and fligth time is from 2.5 hours.

I used travel express to get everything set up for next year. Already have my tickets.
It's a huge pain now as nuuk opened a new airport.
Greenland air has to be booked separately and depending on where you're going now adds extra connections.
I have to go to copenhagen then to Nuuk and then to kangerlussuaq.
I chose to overnight in Nuuk due to wrong arrival times and short layovers.

From the US, I think you need to fly to Iceland, then to Greenland.

Traveling all the way to Greenland a quality hunt is what most hunters expect. Total flight cost is from $1,500 to $2,000. Overnight flights from America to Keflavik or Copenhagen from $550 to $1,000. Morning flight from Keflavik or Copenhagen to Greenland from $800 to $1,200, and fligth time is from 2.5 hours.
This has all changed starting this year.
Fights from Copenhagen with connections are taking over 7 to as much as 24 hours.
The price has gone up as well.

If I recall correctly, Iceland Air has the most flights in and out of Boston Logan. So from the US, fly from wherever home is to Boston and then to REK in Iceland. Probably overnight in Reykjavik and then book a flight on Greenland Air to Kangerlussuaq.

Greenland air was the one that changed everything from the time I first booked the hunt.
No more direct flights to kangerlussuaq at least in the timeframe that I needed.
Some Greenland flights had 2 connections to get there.

Hey folks, I’m in the planning stages of looking into a combo hunt musk ox caribou. Can’t seem to find any flights on Expedia or Orbitz. Any have info on outfits and plane tickets

@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS offers hunts for musk ox / caribou through his French partner. Flights are handled as part of the deal. It's been a little bit since I was involved with a client doing this hunt. But we had clients fly into Paris, then onto Copenhagen. There are limited days out of Copenhagen that Air Greenland would fly, but that's who you'd ultimately fly with.

@lwaters did a musk ox hunt with us there, he could share his experiences with you.

Yes, Air Greenland expanded the airport at Nuuk and is forcing all flights through there now and 12 hour layovers.

Yeah that part really changed my budget. Higher flight costs and extra hotels.
I'm going to be traveling longer than hunting on this trip by the time I get home

Wow flights seem to be crazy

@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS offers hunts for musk ox / caribou through his French partner. Flights are handled as part of the deal. It's been a little bit since I was involved with a client doing this hunt. But we had clients fly into Paris, then onto Copenhagen. There are limited days out of Copenhagen that Air Greenland would fly, but that's who you'd ultimately fly with.

@lwaters did a musk ox hunt with us there, he could share his experiences with you.
I am booked for that hunt in about 45 days. Matthieu in France is currently working on my flights. Will post the results as soon as I get them. You are correct about Iceland first, but several flights from the states only have 1/2 day layovers

I am booked for that hunt in about 45 days. Matthieu in France is currently working on my flights. Will post the results as soon as I get them. You are correct about Iceland first, but several flights from the states only have 1/2 day layovers
Keep me updated

Who are you looking at hunting with? @Green Chile and I have discussed Greenland for this hunt and a few other buddies have also expressed some interest in it.

@Cecil Hammonds did this hunt a few years ago and might offer some insight on the travel.

My flight from Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq was $1,160.90. My flight from the USA to Copenhagen was $998.60.

Essentially, I had to book two separate tickets. I fly out two weeks from today. Doing the helicopter combo hunt. I have heard it is quite grueling. The only review I read for that time of year was a person who said they walked 15-25km per day (9-15 miles) and my buddy who has hunted similar conditions in Alaska told me that walking on thawed tundra is tough - no support as the ground is spongy and every mile feels like 3.

I have been prepping by doing now 3 mph on a treadmill at 11-degrees incline while wearing a 55-pound backpack. When I started, I was at 2.7 mph at 8 degrees for an hour and needed to stop a few times. Now I blast through without stopping and even march on through the cooldown period at the same rate, so 65 minutes. Each workout is over 1,000 calories burned now. I am doing it about 5 times per week, skipping Wednesday and Sunday.

That may or may not be enough prep, but that is about all I have time for.

Yes, Air Greenland expanded the airport at Nuuk and is forcing all flights through there now and 12 hour layovers.

I was able to fly CPH to SFJ (Kangerlussuaq) and not go through Nuuk. I suspect that may not be the case in the future, but that is still an option for some length of time...

Who are you looking at hunting with? @Green Chile and I have discussed Greenland for this hunt and a few other buddies have also expressed some interest in it.

@Cecil Hammonds did this hunt a few years ago and might offer some insight on the travel.
Have not decided yet. Spoke to ATA hunting consultants have one option there. Waiting on Phenoix Phil to get back to me. Jacques has a French partner in Greenland….

I was able to fly CPH to SFJ (Kangerlussuaq) and not go through Nuuk. I suspect that may not be the case in the future, but that is still an option for some length of time...
Just the flight from Atlanta to Denmark is currently $1500. Expedia or orbitz don’t t have any info on Denmark to Nuuk let alone to get kangerlussaq

You have to get on the Greenlandair website.
I'm $2800 all in from Grand Junction Colorado to Denmark then kangerlussuaq.
$1800 was the Greenland air flight with layover in Nuuk on the way there and actually 2 stops to get back to Denmark.
I'm leaving here February 25th 2025

You have to get on the Greenlandair website.
I'm $2800 all in from Grand Junction Colorado to Denmark then kangerlussuaq.
$1800 was the Greenland air flight with layover in Nuuk on the way there and actually 2 stops to get back to Denmark.
I'm leaving here February 25th 2025
Thanks,if I do this I’ll contact travel express or call air Greenland direct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeresaPeni

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.