Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hey folks, I’m in the planning stages of looking into a combo hunt musk ox caribou. Can’t seem to find any flights on Expedia or Orbitz. Any have info on outfits and plane tickets

From the US, I think you need to fly to Iceland, then to Greenland.

Traveling all the way to Greenland a quality hunt is what most hunters expect. Total flight cost is from $1,500 to $2,000. Overnight flights from America to Keflavik or Copenhagen from $550 to $1,000. Morning flight from Keflavik or Copenhagen to Greenland from $800 to $1,200, and fligth time is from 2.5 hours.

I used travel express to get everything set up for next year. Already have my tickets.
It's a huge pain now as nuuk opened a new airport.
Greenland air has to be booked separately and depending on where you're going now adds extra connections.
I have to go to copenhagen then to Nuuk and then to kangerlussuaq.
I chose to overnight in Nuuk due to wrong arrival times and short layovers.

From the US, I think you need to fly to Iceland, then to Greenland.

Traveling all the way to Greenland a quality hunt is what most hunters expect. Total flight cost is from $1,500 to $2,000. Overnight flights from America to Keflavik or Copenhagen from $550 to $1,000. Morning flight from Keflavik or Copenhagen to Greenland from $800 to $1,200, and fligth time is from 2.5 hours.
This has all changed starting this year.
Fights from Copenhagen with connections are taking over 7 to as much as 24 hours.
The price has gone up as well.

If I recall correctly, Iceland Air has the most flights in and out of Boston Logan. So from the US, fly from wherever home is to Boston and then to REK in Iceland. Probably overnight in Reykjavik and then book a flight on Greenland Air to Kangerlussuaq.

Greenland air was the one that changed everything from the time I first booked the hunt.
No more direct flights to kangerlussuaq at least in the timeframe that I needed.
Some Greenland flights had 2 connections to get there.

Hey folks, I’m in the planning stages of looking into a combo hunt musk ox caribou. Can’t seem to find any flights on Expedia or Orbitz. Any have info on outfits and plane tickets

@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS offers hunts for musk ox / caribou through his French partner. Flights are handled as part of the deal. It's been a little bit since I was involved with a client doing this hunt. But we had clients fly into Paris, then onto Copenhagen. There are limited days out of Copenhagen that Air Greenland would fly, but that's who you'd ultimately fly with.

@lwaters did a musk ox hunt with us there, he could share his experiences with you.

Yes, Air Greenland expanded the airport at Nuuk and is forcing all flights through there now and 12 hour layovers.

Yeah that part really changed my budget. Higher flight costs and extra hotels.
I'm going to be traveling longer than hunting on this trip by the time I get home

Wow flights seem to be crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkbk8ac

Latest profile posts

booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.