Good News, Taxidermy is Started

Good point but since I work away from home that only leaves 3 nights per month. Sounds like some restful time "off" LOL

You have lots of available time - you just need to remember that sleep is an optional luxury. ;)

you boys sound like you work in the fishing industry....or at least should ....:thumbdown:

Yup, have to claim them both, and was it a blast hunting the little devils :whoo:

Great trophies! Is there a story of their demise?

Congrats.

you boys sound like you work in the fishing industry....or at least should ....:thumbdown:

Are you due for a break Bluey? Maybe scrooge will pony up on that boat ahead of schedule.

Wayne,
Great Vaal Rhebucks, little one's I may have to start stalking. Johannes has done dip-n-pack for me, very efficient and helpful getting some of my trophies to his shop.

"A dream can be relived, again and again in Africa."

Johannes is one of the good ones for sure. He has not disappointed me yet.

Got a picture or two of my Hyena rug.

Hyena2_zps49a3b64b.jpg
Hyena1_zps25d968d9.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice rug. Looks a little grumpy though.

looks good , will it be felted , bricko
a nice black band would highlight them spotts

looks good , will it be felted , bricko
a nice black band would highlight them spotts

All these photos are mid process.
I assume it will be getting some felt.
It will be a surprise. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2692_zps4bc613cc.jpg
    IMG_2692_zps4bc613cc.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 207
I am quite envious of the hyena! Its still on my list, hopefully next trip.

I am quite envious of the hyena! Its still on my list, hopefully next trip.

I have no problem admitting that I have to be the luckiest SOB on the planet when it comes to hunting.

However, without Moosa (Ace Tracker) I would have never seen the Hyena. As it was, I only saw him when he stepped out of the grass into the open. In the grass he was perfectly safe. In fact, Moosa had seen two others in the grass and I never even noticed what he was looking at. I saw the fresh tracks when we approached the spot where the Hyena was. He was not leading me on. Just amazing.

Here's hoping for your success on the next trip Scott.

I have no problem admitting that I have to be the luckiest SOB on the planet when it comes to hunting.

However, without Moosa (Ace Tracker) I would have never seen the Hyena. As it was, I only saw him when he stepped out of the grass into the open. In the grass he was perfectly safe. In fact, Moosa had seen two others in the grass and I never even noticed what he was looking at. I saw the fresh tracks when we approached the spot where the Hyena was. He was not leading me on. Just amazing.

Here's hoping for your success on the next trip Scott.

Thanks Wayne! Will be my 4th try for the buggers.

Unfortunatley pics are gone. Can you repost please Wayne.

Tnanks wayne. Im sure he will look great in your trophy room

My Hyena came home with me in August 15. It's on the wall and I'm quite happy to have it there.
So I have been waiting on the others.

There happened to be a further unfortunate delay - What happens when your taxidermist is an enthusiastic cyclist and takes a dive over the handlebars during a race and hits the pavement hard.
Hospital for a week and broke his left wrist/arm. Thankfully, he is fine.
One handed work makes things interesting.

Got an email update this morning about the taxidermy. The last three items are about to be finished and actual factual pick up dates are being determined. I may see these things before the summer is out. Yeah!

The spotted hyena rug would look nice, even better if you can see his teeth, I can't tell from picture though. Still the rug turned out excellent.

Good looking stuff Brick!......I'm sure you have a spot picked out for all of it already. Time for a celebratory drink?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck Africa

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well