Good Gun Deals This Week

From the entrance, the seller was in the back right corner, against the back wall. Had 3 tables. Was selling most of his stuff at very reasonable prices. One of the few that was not a dealer selling black rifles or plastic pistols.

From the entrance, the seller was in the back right corner, against the back wall. Had 3 tables. Was selling most of his stuff at very reasonable prices. One of the few that was not a dealer selling black rifles or plastic pistols.
Was he an older guy with a black cowboy hat and white hair? If so, I think that is the same guy I bought a used custom 25-06 from a few weeks ago at the show in Allen, TX.

The ANCSL advertisement translated to English and converted from Metric to Imperial:

This imposing "Big Bore" double express was made by WESTLEY RICHARDS & C° Ltd in 1908 for ARMY & NAVY CS Ltd (Army & Navy Store Co-Operative Society Limited)[1] in London.
It uses the original system of Sirs William Anson & John Deeley as patented in April 1884.
The strong rocker implements a Purdey double lock closure backed by a third key lock at the headstock.
The 28” barrels, chambered for the formidable .500NE 3", tilt on a large diameter pin and retain, despite their age and the use of cordite, a very good condition and a very clean soul with well marked scratches.
Their convergence, set at 60 yards for the 570-grain bullet, is ensured by a one-piece wedge at the muzzle.
The interrupted band carries an express rise with five leaves lined with a gold thread set on a front sight combined with a moon sight under a sliding protection.
The stock, redone in a superb highly veined walnut, is 15” long and ends with a Silver's butt plate in red rubber.
The abbreviated front is locked by a Purdey pusher under a scalloped hood.
The weapon was completely restored by Alfred SCHILLING who kept the original engraving before applying his famous jaspage to the box.
The net weight of this "Big Game Double Rifle" is 11.9lbs.

Postscript: Everything looks pretty legit to me. The advert references good barrels with some scratches. Because of its age, it needs a standard load of IMR3031 to the Kynoch pressures using a traditional Woodleigh soft or Woodleigh traditional solid. Plenty enough for Elephant, Hippo, and Buffalo.
You people are killing me LOL!!! Just bought the Westley Richards for Army Navy 500 NE!!! They recommended I use their export/import team and that is fine with me. They said it will take 4 weeks for the paperwork to get to them in France then the process of shipping to my FFL will begin.

As always Rookhawk, you are a real gem!!! I also greatly appreciate everyone elses help as well!!!

You people are killing me LOL!!! Just bought the Westley Richards for Army Navy 500 NE!!! They recommended I use their export/import team and that is fine with me. They said it will take 4 weeks for the paperwork to get to them in France then the process of shipping to my FFL will begin.

As always Rookhawk, you are a real gem!!! I also greatly appreciate everyone elses help as well!!!

I’m really happy for you @Rare Breed . It’s a very nice gun that looks very well restored and you’ll not find its equal at that price point. I hope you have many good hunts with it and take pride in a few scratches you apply to the gun that add to its story. Worst case scenario, you wear the gun down over a decade and your heirs sell it and you get your money back. You can’t say that for the modern alternatives at that price!

Congratulations @Rare Breed! We will all be curious to see more pictures and hear how she shoots! Well done!

I had actually seen that rifle a few months ago already, but I’ve exploded my budget for fine rifles and hunting this year already :)

I hope it brings you a lot pf happiness!

Last edited:

@Rare Breed - dog gone your hind end !! I just saw this thread and sent them an email on how to get this rifle to me! Haha ! What a gem you have on the way - I must admit congratulations! And I plead you will give your gentleman’s word that if you decide to part with this rifle you will contact me first ! Again, my hat’s off to you for this acquisition !

Anybody wanting a 416 Rem Mag there is one gonna close 6 hrs from now at 9pm EST

Real nice Win Model 70 Safari Classic

Just letting people know because 416s are pretty hard to find right now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 9.19.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 9.19.54 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 9.19.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 9.19.56 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 9.19.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 9.19.58 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 88
Anybody wanting a 416 Rem Mag there is one gonna close 6 hrs from now at 9pm EST

Real nice Win Model 70 Safari Classic

Just letting people know because 416s are pretty hard to find right now
Holy cow! At 6 pm EDT the bid is $2625! That is insane!
Maybe I should introduce a few guns to new owners... :)

Holy cow! At 6 pm EDT the bid is $2625! That is insane!
Maybe I should introduce a few guns to new owners... :)
That’s what they go for right now…
Cant find a new one so it’s competitive on the used ones

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.21 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.23 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.24 PM.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.25 PM.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.27 PM.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.15.30 PM.png
    6 MB · Views: 85

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.51.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.51.09 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.51.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.51.11 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.51.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 3.51.12 PM.png
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 78
Looks pretty good to me. I’d like to know when it was made. Several firms used the trade name Wilkes and I’d like to make sure it isn’t the 1980s one. It looks like a vintage gun to me.
The 75 Gr Cordite may be a guide ...

Looks pretty good to me. I’d like to know when it was made. Several firms used the trade name Wilkes and I’d like to make sure it isn’t the 1980s one. It looks like a vintage gun to me.

Proofs look like they are from 1904 to 1954.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharmainJz

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!