Flight problems

Hunt27

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United States Canada Czech Republic RSA
Im 1-2 on flights on time and delayed cancelled
First Africa trip, flight cancelled while at the airport, big mess getting it figured out, how this trip was going to happen.
Czech trip no problems.
Spain trip that was supposed to be today flight cancelled. Now at home trying to figure out how to make this happen.
Anyone else this unlucky or is it just me. Luckly like my Africa outfitter, this outfitter is very supportive and willing to work with me on whatever I find to work so this this trip happens

I haven’t had an issue with international flights, but domestic flights for the last 2 years have been terrible. I fly usually every two weeks for work. It’s been 50/50 if they’ll go to plan or not. My last trip back from Africa was fine until I landed in US. On second evening, I just rented a car and drove 10 hours home. It was a bad deal. Hotels were sold out in city so I slept in airport in baggage claim. I found a day room thankfully at an airport hotel from 9-4pm to get some quality sleep. Then my second flight on a different airline got canceled waiting to check my bags in. My first airline told me I could get rebooked 4 days later. I’ve got a lot of travel experience many don’t have, so I can usually make a good plan, but it’s still tough. Those that don’t travel regularly I’d hate to see in some travel messes I’ve been in recently.

I haven’t had an issue with international flights, but domestic flights for the last 2 years have been terrible. I fly usually every two weeks for work. It’s been 50/50 if they’ll go to plan or not. My last trip back from Africa was fine until I landed in US. On second evening, I just rented a car and drove 10 hours home. It was a bad deal. Hotels were sold out in city so I slept in airport in baggage claim. I found a day room thankfully at an airport hotel from 9-4pm to get some quality sleep. Then my second flight on a different airline got canceled waiting to check my bags in. My first airline told me I could get rebooked 4 days later. I’ve got a lot of travel experience many don’t have, so I can usually make a good plan, but it’s still tough. Those that don’t travel regularly I’d hate to see in some travel messes I’ve been in recently.
I guess I miss spoke, it was the US part of the flight that was the problem both times, Columbus Ohio to Philadelphia was the delay. The Philadelphia, to Barcelona left on time. The flight has been delayed 8 times. was supposed to leave at 4pm, now it leaves at 8pm.

What airline?
American, first time using American, it was a Columbus Oh to Philadelphia Pa that was the delay. was supposed to be leave 4pm now leaves at 8pm. Been Delayed 8times so far, last delay was 30 min ago, its do for another delay here soon.

American, first time using American, it was a Columbus Oh to Philadelphia Pa that was the delay. was supposed to be leave 4pm now leaves at 8pm. Been Delayed 8times so far, last delay was 30 min ago, its do for another delay here soon.
Every domestic airline is just as bad recently. If you can make the drive I’d tell you to drive to a larger airport next time like Cleveland or Pittsburgh. The extra time ends up being worth it to avoid situations like you are in especially when a trip is on the line. The larger the airport and bigger the flight the less chance it gets canceled. A bigger airport also gives you more flight options the same day.

I live 4 miles from a airport the American flies out and into. Two years ago when I was booking my flights to South Africa I told the travel agent that I would fly out of Denver, two and a half hours away. I did this just because I wanted to get to where I was going.

Sure enough the flight home from Dallas to my home airport was canceled at 9 pm and they would of booked me on the first flight out in the morning at 9 am. While I still would of gotten home I didn't want to spend or chance spending the night in a airport. I still got home at 12 am after driving home from Denver.

Regional airports are nice, but they can also be a pain in the rear.

Rebooked leaving oct 9th. I work an odd schedule, and the 9th was when vacation got me the most days off again. Outfitter was understanding so thanks to him.
Wife wanted to go now so after hunt going to spend few days in Barcelona. So other than the depression of knowing i could be hunting right now and fact i have to go to work tomorrow is no fun.
If no more flight problems, it all worked out for the good

Getting ready to board my first flight, made it alot farther than last time. Looking good so far lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cascadashowers

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.