First Convention: SCI or DSC?

From what I can tell SCI kind of lucked into a home run with Nashville. Quite certain they did not forecast it being such a successful venue. They'd be wise IMO to never leave Nashville unless conditions deteriorated.
Outfitters are also very happy about not having to move their booths from city to city each year.

IMO SCI is much bigger, more internationally focused and has a bigger African draw.

There was a time I'd definitely agree with you on that, but not now. DSC has grown over the last 10 years and is on par with SCI in regards to size from I've seen working both shows over those years.

Outfitters are also very happy about not having to move their booths from city to city each year.

It's definitely nice to have consistency. I can tell you first hand on the subject of move in/out, DSC had them all beat with the KBH Conv Center. With the staging lot just outside the center and then LOTS of room to bring a vehicle in usually immediately or after only a few minutes wait, it was just so much easier. And the DSC volunteers are always so friendly, not to mention providing free BBQ while you wait, which as mentioned is never long.

Getting moved into SCI whether it was in Vegas or even now in Nashville is a damn mission. The staging lots are some distance from the convention halls and you'll wait forever to be told to head over to the center. Once there you'll wait yet some more to get into the convention center, and once in rushed to get out. And it's all staffed by people who aren't with SCI and really don't give a crap about the exhibitors with a few being just flat out rude.

From what I can tell SCI kind of lucked into a home run with Nashville. Quite certain they did not forecast it being such a successful venue. They'd be wise IMO to never leave Nashville unless conditions deteriorated.
I don't think it was luck. I think everyone knew it would be good. Maybe no one knew it would be this good though.
What I can not figure out (still trying) is who in the hell thought it was a good idea to go to New Orleans and Indianapolis? Now that was plain stupid!

It's definitely nice to have consistency. I can tell you first hand on the subject of move in/out, DSC had them all beat with the KBH Conv Center. With the staging lot just outside the center and then LOTS of room to bring a vehicle in usually immediately or after only a few minutes wait, it was just so much easier. And the DSC volunteers are always so friendly, not to mention providing free BBQ while you wait, which as mentioned is never long.

Getting moved into SCI whether it was in Vegas or even now in Nashville is a damn mission. The staging lots are some distance from the convention halls and you'll wait forever to be told to head over to the center. Once there you'll wait yet some more to get into the convention center, and once in rushed to get out. And it's all staffed by people who aren't with SCI and really don't give a crap about the exhibitors with a few being just flat out rude.
Phil,
I am here to change this.

I don't think it was luck. I think everyone knew it would be good. Maybe no one knew it would be this good though.
What I can not figure out (still trying) is who in the hell thought it was a good idea to go to New Orleans and Indianapolis? Now that was plain stupid!

I'm with you on Indy. I can't imagine why anyone would think going there in winter would be a good idea. New Orleans I can sort of see, at least from before the hurricane. Plenty of entertainment and the best food in this country, better weather. But post Katrina, from what I gather the city has not recovered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheenaNaug

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]