First Convention: SCI or DSC?

I am planning to go to one convention this January, which will be my first safari convention.

Would you recommend one over the other between the Dallas Safari Club convention in Atlanta and the Safari Club International convention in Nashville; or, are they essentially similar?

(Im not a member of either organization yet)
Really depends upon you and your likes and wants. As far as cost. DSC is WAY cheaper. As for the quality of the show, both are great. I thought DSC was bigger at least it takes me longer to get through it. Although I am usually going through with more friends plus bumping I to more people I know and more AH members at DSC.

However with it changing to Atlanta? Who knows.

As for fun, @Just Gina have a blast in Nashville and scheduled extra time just to enjoy the city. Plus the evening events and headliner concert is over the top.

If you aren't going for the Nashville experience and are all business. I'd try DSC first, especially as it is so much lower cost.

I live in Georgia also, but the SCI Convention is much more appealing.

I try to avoid downtown Atlanta...

However, I might end up going to both and just deal with the hassling "urban outdoorsmen" in ATL.

I live in Atlanta and DSC will be great! I prefer the DSC shows over SCI.
Great restaurant's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryanWoodb

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa