Factory Mauser Sporter?

Zinz, I don’t know why Americans dislike the 9X57 - most likely because of ignorance of what a fine cartridge it is for North American Game.
I have a very nice TypeB in 9mm and had it for sale a while back and virtually nobody had any interest in it even when priced lower than any other ‘B’ on the market at the time.

I like to share the specs on some of the sporting cartridges of the era to help them understand the competence of the 9X57.
See, 3gr lighter bullet at 66fps faster than the 318WR wonder cartridge!!

View attachment 618990
This American loves the 9x57!!!
 
I finally got a picture of the marking on the receiver. Does this tell you experts anything?
1000005926.jpg
 
I believe it's early enough that it will use the .318" bullets.
 
It not an Obendorf its a mod 98 Husqvarna Mauser, US value for one in that condition about $800 to $900, some are in 9,3x62 and some in 9.3x57 and some are punched out 57s to 62, lots of rough ones available..I have several exactly like yours. Lots of configurations of them..Good rifle if its 98 like yours, the , the 96s that it that it comes in is less desirable and not of the same quality..
 
Why would a 9.3 (.366) be a .318?? It has a .366 bore.
 
The rifle in question is a Oberndorf Sporter, marked 8,0n. My understanding from reading up on these rifles is that they had a .320-.321" bore which could handle the .318 and .323" bullet.
 
I suspect one of us is confused, the rifle in queston pictured first is said to be a 9.3x62 by the poster which would be a .366 bore and it is a Husqvarna( 98 Mauser action),,..The 8x57 would be either an early .318 and later a .323???????
 
The first picture posted was the complete rifle, the now existing picture is action only and not the same rifle...and is an Obendorf and your correct it is a 8x57 .318 or 323..

the op is confused Im thinking or something is amiss..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top