Factory Mauser Sporter?

Zinz, I don’t know why Americans dislike the 9X57 - most likely because of ignorance of what a fine cartridge it is for North American Game.
I have a very nice TypeB in 9mm and had it for sale a while back and virtually nobody had any interest in it even when priced lower than any other ‘B’ on the market at the time.

I like to share the specs on some of the sporting cartridges of the era to help them understand the competence of the 9X57.
See, 3gr lighter bullet at 66fps faster than the 318WR wonder cartridge!!

View attachment 618990
This American loves the 9x57!!!

I finally got a picture of the marking on the receiver. Does this tell you experts anything?
1000005926.jpg

I believe it's early enough that it will use the .318" bullets.

It not an Obendorf its a mod 98 Husqvarna Mauser, US value for one in that condition about $800 to $900, some are in 9,3x62 and some in 9.3x57 and some are punched out 57s to 62, lots of rough ones available..I have several exactly like yours. Lots of configurations of them..Good rifle if its 98 like yours, the , the 96s that it that it comes in is less desirable and not of the same quality..

Why would a 9.3 (.366) be a .318?? It has a .366 bore.

The rifle in question is a Oberndorf Sporter, marked 8,0n. My understanding from reading up on these rifles is that they had a .320-.321" bore which could handle the .318 and .323" bullet.

I suspect one of us is confused, the rifle in queston pictured first is said to be a 9.3x62 by the poster which would be a .366 bore and it is a Husqvarna( 98 Mauser action),,..The 8x57 would be either an early .318 and later a .323???????

The first picture posted was the complete rifle, the now existing picture is action only and not the same rifle...and is an Obendorf and your correct it is a 8x57 .318 or 323..

the op is confused Im thinking or something is amiss..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisoncb79

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?