Exhibition Rising block single shot

I never tire of ornate firearms.
I could look at highly embellished European muzzleloaders all day long. Craftsmanship blended with beautiful wood and steel. Can't get better than that.

Now what caliber do I want? A .22lr or .22wmr? A cute 25/20? A small handgun caliber like .380 or 9mm for maximum fun? A dual caliber .357/.38 special, .44 special/.44 magnum for fun shooting versatility and close range deer rifle? Maybe 30/30 or 45/70 if I went any bigger.

Decisions, decisions.

If you are contemplating .22 calibres, I would rather suggest the .22 Hornet

Btw, is it just me or does the 22 Hornet look like a tiny 500/465NE ?

@Bailey Bradshaw

Curious if the subject rifle managed to hook up with a bear in Manitoba this spring?

Hope your projects are going well (LOL...yes, I am being selfish with that sentiment).

Any decision on caliber yet?
Been stuck on the 375 Flanged Magnum N.E. for a while now. Have brass, dies and tons of 375 bullets...so every time I think about changing, my practical side says "why"?

Besides, my existing 375 Flanged has been betrothed to another...so that has me more steadfast in my decision.

.375 flanged is both effective and cool!

.375 flanged is both effective and cool!
Yes sir! And in a strong single-barrel rifle (with no regulation worries) you can load it to full 375 belted rimless power levels, when needed. :)

@Bailey Bradshaw

Curious if the subject rifle managed to hook up with a bear in Manitoba this spring?

Hope your projects are going well (LOL...yes, I am being selfish with that sentiment).

IMG_0908.jpeg
IMG_0911.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bear!!

I do think I might have had the rifle in the foreground though, and not the background!!! :)

P.S. Had my son out shooting 45-70 this weekend and now there is a discussion about going back to 45-70/45-90 for the Rising Block...LOL).

Yes sir! And in a strong single-barrel rifle (with no regulation worries) you can load it to full 375 belted rimless power levels, when needed. :)

I think you have your answer. Stop beating yourself up!

I’m seriously considering one of Bailey’s rising block single shots but can’t decide on caliber. I live in a straight wall cartridge county and don’t see that changing anytime soon, so do I go with the 9.3x72r which I believe is a straight wall, or a versatile caliber for most of my hunting trips like 7x57r or 7x65r?

I think you have your answer. Stop beating yourself up!
Now my wife is piling on and telling me to go with the 45-70.

I should just tell her we need multiple Bradshaw rifles. That will solve the dilemma!

7x65R, 375 Flanged Mag N.E. and 45-70. :)

Now my wife is piling on and telling me to go with the 45-70.

I should just tell her we need multiple Bradshaw rifles. That will solve the dilemma!

7x65R, 375 Flanged Mag N.E. and 45-70. :)
All those cartridges are cool and great and what not but I think it would be really neat to have it chambered in an American cartridge. I know this will limit utility somewhat

All those cartridges are cool and great and what not but I think it would be really neat to have it chambered in an American cartridge. I know this will limit utility somewhat
I have been loading, shooting and killing stuff with the 45-70 since 1974. I have bullets from 250 to 550 grains, and several good bullet molds.

So for me, the utility is there with the 45-70. You just need to know your trajectory and estimate range well! :)

Hmmm...how about a 50-110?

Maybe give Bailey some license to engrave a Bison on one side and a Cape Buffalo on the other? :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbdulGepp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better