Exhibition Rising block single shot

Tarbe, is that picture an example of one your having built. That is more my style. And more likely in my price range

Tarbe, is that picture an example of one your having built. That is more my style. And more likely in my price range
Yes, this is what Bailey calls his "Base Rifle" which is, to my way of thinking, not very "base"!!

You will love it. The one I own is simply perfection.

This thread is killing me…

I’m the “I’d rather shoot a Winchester, and spend the rest on a hunt” guy…

But now I’m thinking… “one really nice rifle in the safe ain’t gonna kill nobody”…

The problem is… I’m going to venture a guess that fine rifles are like international hunts… they are addictive… and the first one leads to a second one which leads to a third, etc…

But now I’m thinking… “one really nice rifle in the safe ain’t gonna kill nobody”…

The problem is… I’m going to venture a guess that fine rifles are like international hunts… they are addictive… and the first one leads to a second one which leads to a third, etc…
You'll never know unless you try!! :)

Quite an endorsement, coming from you Sir!
The only people I know of that can build a single shot approaching the elegance and usefulness of a Bradshaw might be Hartmann & Wiess of Hamburg.

My 7x65R
Baily.jpg

Bradshaw Rising Block Single Shot

Of course they are. Fine taste and the appreciation of quality extend into all sorts of areas. I may be wrong, but I suspect you aren't sipping two fingers of Old Crow or Southern Comfort in the evening. :E Angel:

Or at least I sincerely hope not!

I may be wrong, but I suspect you aren't sipping two fingers of Old Crow or Southern Comfort in the evening. :E Angel:

Or at least I sincerely hope not!

Indeed you are correct… I think the last time I tasted southern comfort was at a horrible party that went way too late into the next morning in 1988 as a sophomore in college..

College killed my taste for southern comfort, Jaegermeister, and goldschlagger… those three things will never touch my lips again… I’m still nauseous and have a headache from all of my late 80s and early 90s stupidity lol…

While I do love a fine brown liquor these days and will occasionally splurge on “the good stuff”… for the most part I stick to pretty “average” Irish whiskeys for the occasional nightcap… tullamore dew and red breast 12 seem to be the most common fare…

Not exactly “finery”… but certainly 6 rungs up the ladder from southern comfort lol…

What makes other rifles less elegant and useful?
Trying to learn here,not being argumentative.

Sorry for derailing the thread.
The most important quality in fine craftsmanship is the creation of perfect form to perform a function. In the case of the Bradshaw it is designed to deliver a single bullet in exactly the right spot. Every element of the rifle is designed to fit seamlessly with the marksman to perform that function. Excess weight, bulk, and form are eliminated - not to create a "light" rifle like many of these mountain rifle abominations - but to eliminate anything that doesn't work with the user to achieve function. The world is full of functional rifles that exhibit imperfect form.

The magic ratio in art and craftsmanship is 1 to 1.68. It as also expressed as the rule of thirds. That ratio creates the flow and proportion in all exceptional creations. Truly gifted artists and artisans employ it without conscious thought. Things just look correctly balanced. Others, like Leonardo da Vinci employed both the ratio and a grid system to assure perfect proportion.

None of this has anything to do with embellishment, though to look correct, it most follow a similar ratio with respect to both the engraved surface and rifle as a whole.

Other than the overall design, the best place to observe the 1 to 1.68 rule on the Bradshaw design is the relationship shared between the action, under lever, and grip. Another is in the way the stock is designed and how it flows proportionately into the grip and then on through the action and long thin sweep of the barrel.

It is a very elegant creation.

The most important quality in fine craftsmanship is the creation of perfect form to perform a function. In the case of the Bradshaw it is designed to deliver a single bullet in exactly the right spot. Every element of the rifle is designed to fit seamlessly with the marksman to perform that function. Excess weight, bulk, and form are eliminated - not to create a "light" rifle like many of these mountain rifle abominations - but to eliminate anything that doesn't work with the user to achieve function. The world is full of functional rifles that exhibit imperfect form.

The magic ratio in art and craftsmanship is 1 to 1.68. It as also expressed as the rule of thirds. That ratio creates the flow and proportion in all exceptional creations. Truly gifted artists and artisans employ it without conscious thought. Things just look correctly balanced. Others, like Leonardo da Vinci employed both the ratio and a grid system to assure perfect proportion.

None of this has anything to do with embellishment, though to look correct, it most follow a similar ratio with respect to both the engraved surface and rifle as a whole.

Other than the overall design, the best place to observe the 1 to 1.68 rule on the Bradshaw design is the relationship shared between the action, under lever, and grip. Another is in the way the stock is designed and how it flows proportionately into the grip and then on through the action and long thin sweep of the barrel.

It is a very elegant creation.
Thank you for recognizing the golden ratio used in your rifle. The “rule of thirds”, lines of beauty and the constant pursuit of simplicity is what guides my design efforts.

Does my heart good to read your description.

Red Leg, since we can’t argue over politics. Let me be disagreeable here.

The barrel is too long :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You Sir are a flea scratching barbarian. As my dear departed mother would say (often while referring to Yankees) there is no accounting for taste. :cool:

I must second the appraisal of Bailey's woodcarving--the only time I had seen that level of perfection previously was among the artisans in Ferlach, Austria. That really is all that is necessary to say. My congratulations, well done!

I might name this rifle Fibonacci.

@Red Leg your comment "You Sir are a flea scratching barbarian" has me wiping tears of laughter from the corners of my eyes. Glad I wasn't drinking coffee at the time.
I am sure your grandmother also used "Well bless your little heart" also.

@Bailey Bradshaw I commend you on an exquisitely well executed functional art.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatherineB

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better