Exhibition Rising block single shot

I can’t believe the relatively low prices on his rifles. What fine known European brands does his quality compare and match up to
For a single shot of this quality and perfection of design you would have to purchase a Hartmann & Wiess creation. They do not post prices. If you have to ask, you are wasting their time. :oops:

I see his rifles as true collectibles. And perhaps even an investment.

When he is no longer making them. They will be highly sought after. And there can’t be many out there.
I agree. My check is on the way to Diana, TX!

Now I am still wrestling with caliber choice.

I am having some doubts about my desire to make my rising block a big bore...it seems a little inconsistent with the theme of light/trim stalking rifle.

But I am a Luddite supreme...and I have been loading and hunting with the 45-70 / 45-90 class of cartridge for 50 years and I already have the 375 Flanged and 30 Super rifles that I plan to keep until I croak. I hate to duplicate.

And I am not into small bores (sub-.308).

:unsure:

I am having some doubts about my desire to make my rising block a big bore...it seems a little inconsistent with the theme of light/trim stalking rifle.

But I am a Luddite supreme...and I have been loading and hunting with the 45-70 / 45-90 class of cartridge for 50 years and I already have the 375 Flanged and 30 Super rifles that I plan to keep until I croak. I hate to duplicate.

9.3x74R would be a classic choice in such a rifle.

348 Winchester?

9.3x74R would be a classic choice in such a rifle.
One of my original choices....as well as .338/74 Keith...which would be less of a duplication of my 375 Flanged.

I would go with a caliber that you will enjoy shooting, a lot. It would be a shame to have a rifle of this quality and only fire a few rounds annually.

I would go with a caliber that you will enjoy shooting, a lot. It would be a shame to have a rifle of this quality and only fire a few rounds annually.
I agree!

I do shoot the 45s a lot. I have loads for squirrel hunting, all the way up. I even killed a duck in the 70s with a No 1 in 45-70. Round ball and 15gr of Green Dot!!

Reactions: WAB
Maybe I am just afraid the good General will call me a flea-scratching barbarian if I chamber a Bradshaw rising block in 45-90? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Oh heck no. That too would be a classic. I think of his rising block as a light lean thing because mine is in 7x65R. But if the action will manage the big round why not. I expect Baily would have fun scaling it.

If it were me I’d go with a fairly boring “deer” caliber… maybe a 270 or a 7x57… something light, low recoil, easy to load for, etc..

But I have to admit… going big bore like 45-90 sounds like a lot of fun… so does 9.3x74… I think either of those calibers would make an incredible American buffalo/bison rifle… and would be a hoot just to play with at the range..

Since you are looking at 1870ish US rounds. Your 45/90 or 45/100 would work but if looking for the lighter stalking styles of rifle. You might want to consider the 40 cals. 40/50straight sharps, 40/65.

His rifles truly are beautiful. I am considering one for my "last rifle". That would make my 3rd "last rifle". :LOL:

My caliber of choice would be 7x57R.

Safe shooting

Just look at Rigby‘s pricings or another England made rifle and that will make you feel better

Come on Tim, admit it. You've secretly desired a 6.5CM and this is your opportunity :A Stirring: :A Stirring:

I never tire of ornate firearms.
I could look at highly embellished European muzzleloaders all day long. Craftsmanship blended with beautiful wood and steel. Can't get better than that.

Now what caliber do I want? A .22lr or .22wmr? A cute 25/20? A small handgun caliber like .380 or 9mm for maximum fun? A dual caliber .357/.38 special, .44 special/.44 magnum for fun shooting versatility and close range deer rifle? Maybe 30/30 or 45/70 if I went any bigger.

Decisions, decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kynadog

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better