COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Trump doing great. Nothing is his fault. It's all the states fault. Later on it will be his worthless son in laws fault. This guy takes responsibility for nothing. He needs to stay off TV. or we are liable to get senile Joe.

FB_IMG_1585944414565.jpg

Other than two hospitals in the Brooklyn/Queens area, one being Elmhurst, please tell me any other hospital in America with room shortage as of yesterday?

Earlier this week the USNS Comfort docked in Manhattan. They have 1,000 beds, yesterday only 20 were being used. The hospital set up in Central Park has room for 68 patients. The medical staff are twiddling their thumbs with zero patients as of yesterday. These hospitals are for non virus cases.

Some hospitals throughout America that have stopped elective surgeries due to government pressure, and now have no patients. They are not giving medical personnel hours because they are running out of money since they are empty! America is no where close to a situation where they have a shortage of hospital beds. In fact America has more ICU beds per capita than any other country in the world. America doesn't have as many hospital beds per capita as some countries because America does most surgeries these days in out patient surgery centers, while the rest of the world still have hospitals for surgeries. At some point, if the pandemic continues to grow geometrically, America will run out of hospital beds. This will not be due to not having enough beds, but from having a once in 100 year bug.

There are shortages of supplies in some areas. This is partly because states didn't refill their inventory after the 2009 SARS outbreak. There is screaming for supplies everywhere because no one wants to be caught short. Who can afford to set on inventory that slowly disintegrates for a once in 100 year outbreak.

The mainstream media did a pathetic job of covering the Wuhan virus until the end of February. Then liberals and the MSM went into panic mode. The conservatives fought back at the MSM by stupidly saying the virus was nothing. In reality, the virus is deadly serious, but nothing to panic about for most of the population. Quoting lines that come from the MSM doesn't do anybody any good.

The world would be a better place if the MSM (Fox included) was ignored and people searched for the real truth, which is readily available if you just look for it.

PS: Insurance companies have nothing to do with running inventory or hospitals.
Thank you! The Javits Center is also sitting empty.

The Comfort is not designed to handle a virus. It is designed to handle mass trauma - closely packed to maximize treatment. Trauma is only infectious on the battlefield. Isolation will not work with the ship's design. The plan was for it to handle "normal" case load so hospitals could handle viral cases. Today Couma blamed its lack of use on the Navy's reluctance to have it "contaminated." That was BS and not a reporter corrected him. It is not being used because virtually no hospital cases have been transferred to it. He then went on to essentially demand every ventilator in the country. NY is not using a third of the ones already in the state. Again, no one from the MSM was remotely interested in a dialogue on that subject.

Thus far, the President is primarily guilty of being truly transparent. In the briefings one hears exactly what he is thinking at the moment. I have no doubt that has any number of the more polished politicians on his team, such as Pence, ready to scream out loud periodically. The whole Hydroxychloroquine insanity should have had editors news managers fired. The MSM accused Trump of "raising false hopes," being a "snake oil salesman," etc etc. - even of killing some Darwin award candidate in Nevada. Yesterday, Nevada and Michigan quietly withdrew their objections to the drugs employment. I wonder how many people died during the week because two Democrat governors were trying to jump on board the anti-Trump hysteria. I would much rather his style with all its flaws than the carefully worded teleprompter update that went through thirty staff members before it was released.

Last edited:
Trump doing great. Nothing is his fault. It's all the states fault. Later on it will be his worthless son in laws fault. This guy takes responsibility for nothing. He needs to stay off TV. or we are liable to get senile Joe.
Like it or not we live in a Republic; not a parliamentary democracy. The States are indeed vested with primary responsibility for managing this crisis. The Federal government is in a vast supporting roll. Some governors are obviously better equipped to manage such a challenge than others. Newsom in California seems very able; Whitmer seems completely out of her depth. Federal agencies have the job of tailoring and rationing support to those fifty sets of state leadership. None will get everything they want right now, and each has the ability to complain directly to the MSM. To Newsom's credit he basically told Tapper from CNN to pound sand when that paragon of even handed virtue attempted to get him to complain about Trump.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom praised President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic during an interview with CNN on Wednesday.

"I’d be lying to you to say that he hasn’t been responsive to our needs. He has," Newsom told CNN's Jake Tapper. "And so, as a question, as a sort of an offer of objectivity, I have to acknowledge that publicly."

"The fact is, every time I've called the president, he's quickly gotten on the line."

The governors of Nevada and Michigan were truly pathetic in overriding doctors regarding chloroquine. The Chinese were using chloroquine against the virus in January with great success. (It was mentioned in this thread) A French study of apx. 60 patients showed complete success as well. This was all previous to the governors stopping the use of chloroquine. Obviously this was politically motivated and the medical community and patients were the ones that suffered.

It is easy to scream like the media that it is the President or the federal governments fault. The Constitution/Bill of Rights spells it out specifically, in the Tenth Amendment.

Amendment 10

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This crisis does not fall into the jurisdiction of the Federal government. The reason you are seeing the governors running things is because it is their job! So, if something is not done, it is indeed the states fault/responsibility. The federal government is doing things within their powers to help. ie: prohibiting individuals from certain countries that may be infected, from coming into America.

Like it or not we live in a Republic; not a parliamentary democracy. The States are indeed vested with primary responsibility for managing this crisis. The Federal government is in a vast supporting roll. Some governors are obviously better equipped to manage such a challenge than others. Newsom in California seems very able; Whitmer seems completely out of her depth. Federal agencies have the job of tailoring and rationing support to those fifty sets of state leadership. None will get everything they want right now, and each has the ability to complain directly to the MSM. ......................."

Well said.

My mid-campaign observation is that the globalists will lose a lot of their momentum with the realities of this pandemic. However, any time the USA has advanced a strong isolationist type policy, the world has gone to crap, resulting in a lot of US fatalities to fix the problem. There are a limited number of strong democracies and they really have to work in concert.

My mid-campaign observation is that the globalists will lose a lot of their momentum with the realities of this pandemic. However, any time the USA has advanced a strong isolationist type policy, the world has gone to crap, resulting in a lot of US fatalities to fix the problem. There are a limited number of strong democracies and they really have to work in concert.
You are correct. We forget that we are an "Imperial" power at our very great peril. "Empires", even largely mercantile-based empires, are better defended in the marches rather than at the city gates. That defense can take a lot of forms other than naked military power. Defense of those international interests are something very different than globalism.

I will agree with you that globalists look to be having problems right now, and going forward. Look for there to be a backlash against globalism as economic problems lengthen and expand.

My main concern is China. The CCP has more balls in the air than they can handle at the moment. They are being pressured from both within and without. If the number of 240 million people that were working prior to the Chinese New Year are still out of work and have no place to go back to work at is correct, then there may be real internal conflict boiling to the surface soon.

Trump has been working to pull America back from it's many military engagements, but don't think that doesn't mean he is not fighting. Trump is fighting an economic war with China at the moment and China probably figured out that the paradigm had completely changed about a year ago.

Consider what happened this week. An American naval commander (since relieved) did the unthinkable and announced to the world that his asset was not capable of performing it's mission in the South Pacific. Look what China has done in the South China sea in the last two days. There have been ships rammed from Vietnam, Philippines and Taiwan, as China is bullying it's neighbors.

If the CCP thinks they may loose control, what are they willing to do to shake things up, and maintain control. Does the CCP look to create a common enemy.

If they are willing to "Wag the Dog", we may all have problems.

It is easy to scream like the media that it is the President or the federal governments fault. The Constitution/Bill of Rights spells it out specifically, in the Tenth Amendment.

Amendment 10

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This crisis does not fall into the jurisdiction of the Federal government. The reason you are seeing the governors running things is because it is their job! So, if something is not done, it is indeed the states fault/responsibility. The federal government is doing things within their powers to help. ie: prohibiting individuals from certain countries that may be infected, from coming into America.

Well said.
That may be true but the average person living in this country has never read the Constitution/ Bill of Rights. They only care about their pay check and the buck stops at Trump desk right or wrong. Actually I like what he said about the Middle East. It was a gross waste of money. It would have never lasted that long if we still had a draft.

That may be true but the average person living in this country has never read the Constitution/ Bill of Rights. They only care about their pay check and the buck stops at Trump desk right or wrong. Actually I like what he said about the Middle East. It was a gross waste of money. It would have never lasted that long if we still had a draft.
Our fixation with the Middle East has lingered because of our dependence on Middle East oil - pure and simple - draft or not - and thank God we have a professional military now. I also served in the other one, and our current combat forces are light years ahead of that other military. But, I digress. That is why green and Millennial objections to fracking and our energy independence is so uninformed and so dangerous. Is it any wonder that the UAE essentially funded the anti-fracking movie (propaganda) “Promised Land”.

Our fixation with the Middle East has lingered because of our dependence on Middle East oil - pure and simple - draft or not - and thank God we have a professional military now. I also served in the other one, and our current combat forces are light years ahead of that other military. But, I digress. That is why green and Millennial objections to fracking and our energy independence is so uninformed and so dangerous. Is it any wonder that the UAE essentially funded the anti-fracking movie (propaganda) “Promised Land”.
The oil issue boggles my mind. The self imposed poverty is nuts. Newfoundland and Labrador just announced they are bankrupt, yet they have offshore oil reserves. Alberta and Saskatchewan have the 2nd or 3rd largest oil reserves in the world. And yet, North America imports oil. Thank goodness the Keystone pipeline is being built. North America should be entirely resource independent. Fortunately, China needs to import oil and gas. Maybe that dependance controls them a little. But, the world power with oil AND imperialist ambitions? Kinda interesting how quiet Puntin is just now.....

I have generally supported Trump’s actions, but this ban on the export of masks to Canada is ridiculous. He is getting bad advice and then bragging about an insane decision.

We will continue to export to our friends in Canada and Mexico.

That's from Peter Navarro just now.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2020/4/3/1_4881032.html

OTTAWA -- Manufacturing giant 3M says the White House has requested it cease exports of U.S. made N95 face masks to Canada.

"The Administration also requested that 3M cease exporting respirators that we currently manufacture in the United States to the Canadian and Latin American markets. There are, however, significant humanitarian implications of ceasing respirator supplies to healthcare workers in Canada and Latin America, where we are a critical supplier of respirators," 3M said in a statement released Friday.

The statement comes hours after U.S. President Donald Trump invoked the Defense Production Act requiring companies to prioritize the production of masks and ventilators to fight the spread of COVID-19.

"We anticipate issuing more orders under the Defense Protection Act in the very near future, in addition to the one that I just signed against 3M for face masks," said Trump on Thursday evening.

But 3M warns that ceasing those exports could cause blowback.

"Ceasing all export of respirators produced in the United States would likely cause other countries to retaliate and do the same, as some have already done. If that were to occur, the net number of respirators being made available to the United States would actually decrease. That is the opposite of what we and the Administration, on behalf of the American people, both seek."

3M in response said it continues to "act on reports of price gouging and unauthorized reselling related to 3M respirators. This activity is unethical and illegal. We are working with the U.S. Attorney General and attorneys general of every state, making it clear that 3M has not and will not raise prices for respirators and offering our assistance in the fight."

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that, while Canada and the U.S. are working closely on sharing best practices and ensuring health-care workers on either side of the border get the supplies they need, there are no plans to enforce a bilateral trade agreement on personal protective equipment.

The prime minister’s inner circle, including Deputy Prime Minster Chrystia Freeland has strongly opposed the White House proposal to put U.S. military along the border to mitigate the international spread.

Peter Navarro said that friends would get masks. He cited Mexico and Canada.

I get the idea that the administration is really pissed with 3M and will hold them on a short leash.

One thing the draft did was it made me watch the news and become aware of the issues. I would rather pay $3 a gallon than buy any Arab oil because if they cause our oil industry to go broke we will be paying $5 a gallon. Trump likes tariff put it on Saudi oil.

Peter Navarro said that friends would get masks. He cited Mexico and Canada.

I get the idea that the administration is really pissed with 3M and will hold them on a short leash.

Hope it's true. I think the damage was done.

That Task Force needs to get to work. It has its work cut out for it.

One reaction created another reaction.
After blocking of mask exports was announced, a local company that is manufacturing face shields to protect health care workers, is now "focusing" its sales to Canada. Obviously perturbed, the owner noted that the Presidents announcement and said it cinched his decision.
Someone in the US was wanting 100,000 of them immediately.

Just bloody sad all around.
:(

Stopped at a local convenience store on the way to work to grab some Coffee. Since yesterday, they installed plexiglass shields between the cashier and customer. Hung from chains off the acoustical ceiling grids.

In the last 2 days, I have probably seen approx 500 bicyclists riding a paved bike trail next to where I'm working. I guess they didn't get the stay at home memo.

Hope it's true. I think the damage was done.

That Task Force needs to get to work. It has its work cut out for it.

One reaction created another reaction.
After blocking of mask exports was announced, a local company that is manufacturing face shields to protect health care workers, is now "focusing" its sales to Canada. Obviously perturbed, the owner noted that the Presidents announcement and said it cinched his decision.
Someone in the US was wanting 100,000 of them immediately.

Just bloody sad all around.
:(

How is Canada on PPE and ventilators?

A couple of days ago I noticed that Canada had about the same number of infected as New Orleans and Detroit combined. Overall it seems that Canada is doing a pretty good job in dealing with the Virus.

Stopped at a local convenience store on the way to work to grab some Coffee. Since yesterday, they installed plexiglass shields between the cashier and customer. Hung from chains off the acoustical ceiling grids.

In the last 2 days, I have probably seen approx 500 bicyclists riding a paved bike trail next to where I'm working. I guess they didn't get the stay at home memo.

We are allowed to go out here, as long as we stay away 2M. ( There are some challenged people in that regard)
I did not know our neighbourhood had so many dogs. I have also never seen many of these dogs ever.
Mind boggling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayHersom9

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa