COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

This News gets better and better:
San Gabriel Valley Gun Sales Soar Among Asian Americans Who Fear Coronavirus-Related Attacks:

ARCADIA (CBSLA) – Gun sales are skyrocketing across the San Gabriel Valley as Asian Americans in the area fear they may be targeted because of their ethnicity amid rising fears about the spread of the coronavirus.

David Liu, the owner of Arcadia Firearm & Safety, said his store has been very busy in recent weeks. Liu said he’s seen as many as 10 times more customers than usual come through the doors of his business.

“Because of coronavirus, a lot of people start to worry,” he said.

The area has a high concentration of Asian Americans, and Liu said many of his customers are afraid they may be targeted because of their ethnicity if a local outbreak of coronavirus occurs.
Lim said he wants his family to be able to defend themselves, and he fears coronavirus may spark a financial crisis that leads to social disorder.

“I hope and pray it never happens,” he said.
Lim isn’t alone in thinking that buying a firearm may help him in the event of coronavirus-related attacks.

“We think it’s the perfect time to get a weapon for ourselves,” said another customer, Dirk Zhang, adding that his wife would never allow a handgun in their home until now.
“She’s a little afraid of the outbreak of the virus,” he said.
Liu is taking steps as a storeowner to prepare for the coronavirus as well. He has equipped his store with hand sanitizer and a sign at the front door asking people to stay out if they don’t feel well.

“If you’re prepared, you’re not afraid,” he said.

So I am booking my flight direct through Delta next Tuesday leaving May 31st and returning from the Eastern Cape (East London) and JNB on June 10th back to Texas (DFW). Should I wait it out before buying a non-refundable (that’s what I can afford) ticket to see if they have a travel ban or do you think they will reimburse or let me change my flight days for the following season or late hunting season in SA? I wanted to do a layover on the way back in another country to try and save about $500 but worries I’ll be stuck in another country even for a couple hour layover due to this coronavirus for 14 days. Any thoughts? Would ripcord get me back home in that situation say if I contacted coronavirus? Just worried about booking but I have paid and wired for my full safari already so I’m already all in on a 10 animal plains game hunt. Any suggestions appreciated.

Whitehouse just announced a 30 day travel ban to Europe

So I am booking my flight direct through Delta next Tuesday leaving May 31st and returning from the Eastern Cape (East London) and JNB on June 10th back to Texas (DFW). Should I wait it out before buying a non-refundable (that’s what I can afford) ticket to see if they have a travel ban or do you think they will reimburse or let me change my flight days for the following season or late hunting season in SA? I wanted to do a layover on the way back in another country to try and save about $500 but worries I’ll be stuck in another country even for a couple hour layover due to this coronavirus for 14 days. Any thoughts? Would ripcord get me back home in that situation say if I contacted coronavirus? Just worried about booking but I have paid and wired for my full safari already so I’m already all in on a 10 animal plains game hunt. Any suggestions appreciated.
I'd wait to book, doubt the plane with be full, so that's not an issue. You could also check the airlines revised policy on cancellations to see what they are offering- be careful and check to see if they are giving out a voucher for the same travel in the future or a voucher for the dollar amount you spend on this ticket as you may end up having to pay more later if that is the case

I would wait as long as you can to buy your tickets. The tickets you get might be cancelled. Airlines are cutting flights and will probably continue to do so as demand dries up. The fewer in transit locations you go through the better. Trump just said no flights from Europe for 30 days. What happens if this is extended. Probably better to buy tickets direct from USA to RSA.

You might start talking to your outfitter about options.

Whitehouse just announced a 30 day travel ban to Europe
From Europe.... though I wonder if that includes Americans returning from there.. or in transit from other places. Will be interesting.

Trump has just banned some flights. . .and the NBA is suspended for the time after utah Jazz big man Rudy gobert tests positive for covid 19-and here I am a paramedic in the salt lake valley. -pandemic declared by the WHO. Hope this comes under control soon. . .

The med people on TV said that the number of cases in the Orient have peaked and started to decline. So does that mean there is a pattern to it?

What about the southern border? Many Chinese illegals get caught trying to sneak in.

New announcement:
The NBA has suspended its season "until further notice" after a player on the Utah Jazz tested positive for the coronavirus, the league announced Wednesday night.

"The test result was reported shortly prior to the tip-off of tonight's game between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder and Chesapeake Energy Arena. At that time, tonight's game was canceled. The affected player was not in the arena," the league stated. "The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight's schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic."

IMG_8425.jpg

No flights from Europe as of now.

News:
US President Donald Trump has announced sweeping new travel restrictions on Europe in a bid to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

In a televised address on Wednesday, he said all travel from Europe would be suspended for the next 30 days.

But he said the "strong but necessary" restrictions would not apply to the UK, where 460 cases of the virus have now been confirmed.

There are 1,135 confirmed cases of the virus across the US, with 38 deaths.

"To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe," Mr Trump said.

ADVERTISEMENT
"The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight," he added.

Mr Trump said the European Union had "failed to take the same precautions" as the US.

He spoke just hours after Italy - the worst affected country outside China - announced tough new restrictions. It will close all shops except food stores and pharmacies as part of its nationwide lockdown.

Mr Trump said the travel suspension would also "apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo" coming from Europe into the US.

He also announced plans to provide billions of dollars in loans to small businesses, and urged Congress to pass major tax relief measures in an attempt to stymie the effect of the coronavirus outbreak on the economy.

"We are marshalling the full power of the federal government and the private sector to protect the American people," he said.

What's the situation in the US?
Officials said the risk of infection was low for the general US public, but concern deepened after a number of new cases were confirmed earlier this month.

Containment efforts have begun in earnest. Troops have been deployed to New Rochelle, just north of New York City, where one outbreak is believed to have originated.

The National Guard will deliver food to some individuals who have been told to self-isolate there.

The governor of Washington state has banned large gatherings in several counties. The north-western state is the focal point of the outbreak in the US, accounting for 24 of at least 38 deaths across the country.
In an unprecedented move, the National Basketball League (NBA) announced that it would suspend the season after Wednesday night's games. It came after one player for the Utah Jazz tested positive for the virus.

Dr Anthony Fauci, director the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Congress that "it's going to get worse", and that depended on the ability to contain those infected.

High medical costs make the virus particularly problematic - many Americans avoid doctor's visits because of unaffordable charges. A lack of paid sick leave is another concern, as are fears about the number of available tests.

But Vice-President Mike Pence, who is in charge of the task force co-ordinating the response to the crisis, has said that "any American can be tested, no restrictions, subject to doctor's orders", and that insurers had promised to offset the charges.

What about the rest of the world?
Earlier on Wednesday, the World Health Organization (WHO) said the outbreak was a pandemic. This is defined as a disease that is spreading in multiple countries around the world at the same time.

WHO chief Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the number of cases outside China had increased 13-fold in two weeks. He said he was "deeply concerned" by the "alarming levels of inaction".

p086bfrf.jpg

Media captionCoronavirus outbreak has officially become pandemic says WHO
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte then announced an escalation in the country's ongoing lockdown.

He said the majority of shops as well as bars, hairdressers, restaurants and cafes that could not guarantee a metre's distance between customers would close until 25 March.

Italy has more than 12,000 confirmed cases and a death toll of 827. Nearly 900 people with the virus in Italy were in intensive care, the WHO said.

Elsewhere, Denmark - which has 514 confirmed cases, up 10-fold since Monday - is to close all schools and universities from Friday. The government also urged the cancellation of events with more than 100 people attending.

Meanwhile, India suspended most visas for foreigners until 15 April and Guatemala banned European citizens from entering from Thursday.

Attachments

• p086bfrf.jpg
    p086bfrf.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
What about the southern border? Many Chinese illegals get caught trying to sneak in.
He did talk early on about closing the border but of course met with all manner of squalling about it. :(
On a brighter note, :DSCOTUS just overruled the 9th circus court again, and said that Trumps "wait in Mexico" rule is back in place after the 9th halted it. Last week after the 9th ruled, there was almost a big run on the border when all the illegals got wind of it, but an appeal to the court got them to stay their own order temporarily to avoid that, and it did.(y) There were thousands ready to come across and troops were called out to stop it if needed.:eek: For now the order is law and SCOTUS wont probably look at it again for quite some time.:):)(y)

The med people on TV said that the number of cases in the Orient have peaked and started to decline. So does that mean there is a pattern to it?

Possibly.

If you lock 760 million people up in their houses, perhaps it works. On the other hand, don't believe much coming out of China.

South Korea started testing early and did a fantastic job of it. They were testing over 10,000 per day when America hadn't tested 500 in total. Look for America's numbers to go up for a few more weeks as we get people tested that should have already been tested. It will be interesting to see how self quarantine works in America. Personally I think the country will get behind it.

You will need to check the airlines policy. Ripcord will not pay for Corona.

China opened Pandora's box. This virus will have to run it's course. You can't totally hide from it. Hopefully, a vaccine won't take foerver to formulate.

Looks like the ban from Euro will exempt US citizens returning to US.

You will need to check the airlines policy. Ripcord will not pay for Corona.

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them about it. They said they would reimburse for medical expenses while overseas but wouldn’t do emergency transport back to the states or anything really I would want it for if the case arises that I was unable to get home if it was causes of the coronavirus for travel etc. just emailed my outfitter to see what my options will be if I have to reschedule for next year (I’ve already wired my safari funds IN FULL) so I guess I’ll be waiting till last minute to make sure I’m able to get there and back during my timeline. So bummed being my first safari in SA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QSGAli3189

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?